Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Nov-15-03, 00:46

Plan: none
Stats: 225/154/135 Female 66
BF:
Progress:
Default exercise

i have almost lost all the weight i need except 19 lbs. The trouble i am having is toning up the areas from my chest to my thigh area. any suggestions on exercises to do to tone up these areas. Also giving up caffiene was a big factor in my weight loss and drinking lots of water to flush the fat out helps too.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Nov-16-03, 08:11
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 216/210/195 Male 5'9
BF:
Progress: 29%

I've heard that the last 20lbs of weight is the slowest to go. I'm in that same range myself but haven't had all that much problem yet. You can tone your body with exercise and aerobic activity. I personally like caffine as it's a stimulant and can help with fat loss. What I think you mean is you gave up cokes or coffee and that's helping you. I take a suppliment and drink caffinated green tea, on top of drinking water.

Stick to your guns. You're almost there.

Good luck!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Nov-17-03, 18:28

Plan: Zone
Stats: 255/242/230 Male 75 inches (6'3")
BF:21%/15%/8%
Progress: 52%

Weight training to firm up those areas is a good idea. It really makes a difference in the appearance of those areas. Additionally, the added lean muscle will help stimulate metabolism.

I have a full body program on my website that can be done at home with a chair and a set of dumbbells.

Go to: www.quadrafit.com/fullapartment

If you have any questions on the program, feel free to e-mail or private message me.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-03, 16:01

Plan: vegetarian low carb
Stats: 172/139/146 Male 5 foot 7.5 inches
BF:21%/16%/8%
Progress: 127%

Trainerdan,

Wonder if you could help at all...

I am 1 pound away from my goal weight and want to now target my goal and re-shaping my body. My problem is how do I calculate my body fat with any degree of accuracy? I am wanting to get below 10% but I have no idea what I am at the moment. I have done the tape measure test and I am not convinced since it was way over what I thought it should be. I have also tried the electronic scales which are much kinder but seem to me to be unrealistically low. What gives? Other than dipping my self in one of those hydro thingies do you know what the points of the body are for the caliper test and what is the scale?