Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-03, 07:31
Registered Member

Plan: trying atkins, done Berns
Stats: 200/200/155 Female 73
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Another fitday.com question

Okay, i tried using fitday.com today to log my daily carb intake. I had no problems using it except for the fact that the total i was given was about 6grams lower than what i had calculated myself which is a huge difference since im on the induction phase and trying to stay within the 20g a day. apparently theres no carbs in 7 little stuffed coctail olives, and on the Atkins carb counter they are listed as .5g each. Also i was wondering about the carb count in nappa lettuce if anyone knows, 'cause i cant find it anywhere.

Okay, well my question is; How accurate is the carb counter for someone who is starting the induction phase? has anyone had any problems , im just worried because i calculated 19g when fitday calculated 13g.

thanks
bye
beck
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-03, 08:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 256/246.4/171 Female 1.76cm/5.9
BF:
Progress: 11%
Default Funny

The same happened to me. I took lettuce salad with feta cheese (yuummm) and it counted zero carbs for the cheese (which actually says it has .7 gr, and accordingly to the hidden carbs calculator has only 0.65). But the vegetables was perfect, cucumbers 2 per 100 grams (discounting fiber) and so on.

Anyway, as this happens I decided to go by the book, so I counted 4 gr of carbs because I took 4 oz of cheese (well, half of the salad - 2 oz cheese - for the evening).

So, even if my fitday says I got only 12 as a total today (dinner included) I am counting it as 16 (giving some room just in case I forgot to count something).

I guess it will take us some time to learn about the carbs, in the mean time we will have to keep checking on the book, carbs counter of this website and the fitday.

Hope it gets easier later. Good luck
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-03, 10:54
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
nappa lettuce if anyone knows, 'cause i cant find it anywhere.
Try searching for napa cabbage or sui choi or sui choy.

Fitday can take get a bit of getting used to but you can also add custom foods to it. Fitday does not subtract the fiber from the carbohydrates so remember to do it manually. You may find this link helpful in learning how to negotiate fitday.com.

FitDay.com How To's

Karen
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-03, 20:12
Registered Member

Plan: trying atkins, done Berns
Stats: 200/200/155 Female 73
BF:
Progress: 0%

Thanks for the replies, i think i'll look at a few carb counters, and choose a safe number between if there 's a varience.