Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-03, 07:29
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 171/168/150 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 14%

Hey all-- I have not seen the numbers change too much--still 170, but I feel better. My clothes are hanging nicer, I am sleeping like a baby, my mood is positive towards my hubby (he is always the poor victim of my moody blood sugar hi's and lo's) and I have energy. I cut and highlighted my hair too. I am looking to give myself little non-food-related perks.
I have some Tai-Bo tapes that I am dusting off and using to vary my exercise. I lent out a Pilates tape to my boss and want it back! Considering she signs my check, I will not take it back so abruptly.

Onward and downward, people!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-03, 08:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 184/159/145 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 64%

Bubu..........................170/169/171 Total loss = 0 (gain 1)
Mossygyrl...................148/Total Loss = 0 (ick)
Nicolegwen.................121/Total Loss = 0
Optimize.....................161/Total Loss = 0
Heatherelo..................171/170/Total Loss=1
Fishmonkey.................162/162/163 Total gain=1 (double ick)
TamiOrr......................200/Total loss=0
Rosemam....................145/Total loss=0
Rachelle..................... 140/137 Total Loss= 3
Lily.............................280/275 Total loss=2 (5 since November 5)
Ricky..........................165/167 (gain 2)
Petcrazed...................187/185 Total lose=2

Marines protect my life everyday--I work in an American embassy. I can't thank our service men and women enough!!
Got to celebrate with them this weekend at the 228th anniversary party. Might account for the 1# gain but I choose to blame TOM.
Exercising like a fiend though and not losing hope!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-03, 13:58
Krazy Karb Kel

Plan: south beach/atkins
Stats: 174/154/135 ? Female 5 feet or so
BF:not sure....
Progress: 20%
Default still new here

Thanks for welcoming me in. I think I'm too late to lose 20 by Jan 1st, but I bet I can do 10. Wish me luck.

A little about me... my favorite food is angel hair pasta!! A big no no. I like to exercise. I'm with Bubu. I have to do it early. My four kids need me by 7:00 and my daycare kids start coming at 6:30 a.m.

I started LCing again this Monday, but I have yet to exercise. I am getting over a virus ..feel like I worked out for two hours !! So sore. I vow to go tomorrow no matter how bad I ache. Maybe it will actually help.

Mad at my self for letting 10 lbs creep back on. Wearing a 12/14. Aiming for 8 or 135. Short and stout, that's me!

My kids don't like eggs, but I'm learning not to like cereal etc.
I love coffee!

just a little about me.!!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-03, 15:11

Plan: atkins, protein power
Stats: 128.5/128/110 Female 60.25
BF:31%/28.25%/23%
Progress: 3%

Bubu..........................170/169/171 Total loss = 0 (gain 1)
Mossygyrl...................148/Total Loss = 0 (ick)
Nicolegwen.................121/Total Loss = 0
Optimize.....................161/Total Loss = 0
Heatherelo..................171/170/Total Loss=1
Fishmonkey.................162/162/163 Total gain=1 (double ick)
TamiOrr......................200/Total loss=0
Rosemam....................145/Total loss=0
Rachelle..................... 140/137 Total Loss= 3
Lily.............................280/275 Total loss=2 (5 since November 5)
Ricky..........................165/167 (gain 2)
Petcrazed...................187/185 Total lose=2
sabrina g....................126/124/124 Total this week =0

Missed the checkin yesterday, but no new losses to report. Have managed to keep the 2 pounds from creeping back. Better luck next week.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-03, 18:50

Plan: NK-LCHF
Stats: 158.2/155.2/135 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 13%

HI EVERYONE,

FIRST TO ALL OF YOU.....I am so moved by your support its bringing tears to my eyes. If our boys only knew how cherished they are.
We do everything we can to show it. We fly a flag on a big pole outside we have ribbon and we have a one star banner, we put 'support our troops' stickers on the cars and we will be burning red/white/blue lights for the holidays as well. Yet nothing seems to be enough for us the civilians.
They will do their job and proudly so, and God willing they will return.
Once again Many Many Thanks.

Welcome Deshukel nice to see another early bird sweatin off the pounds.
What do you do as far as workouts ?

Mossy, as u can see I have gained back...and I am a true believer in the stress level having everything to do with our weight. That and the lack of sleep...big time.
Its like the body is protecting itself with all its might so we don't run ourselves down.
Coffee doesn't bother me and if it does..well then I take the slow version of this, cause I need that java that early in the am for sure and again in the afternoon to keep me going some more.

Calories, well I haven't counted them lately....but I don't change eating patterns and menus much these days..so I know I am ok.
I stay betw 1400 and 1600 cal. I did a metabolic check and thats about my middle ground.
Now cheese and possible food allergies may have something to do with it. I have not noticed a difference in myself, but I read where lots of people have them.
I still say ...sleep and relaxation are prob. the best meds. And I mean no worries...which is hard at this time of year for sure. Will be interesting how many people will stall over the holidays after having stuck to the plan.

Oh, I did have pd less again this a.m. but I want another gone !!!!....so if not gone by tomorrow I will change my stats.
Laters Gators,

Bu

Last edited by bubu : Tue, Nov-18-03 at 18:53.