Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Nov-05-03, 00:20

Plan: MY OWN
Stats: 192.9/187.3/100 Female 59in
BF:30%/30%/20%
Progress: 6%
Default Buddy(ies) wanted!

Hi. I started Atkins on Monday 3 November and I need to lose around 50lbs. I have been 'dieting' so to speak, since January and have lost 50lbs already. I did ww for a short time and BFL. I still am doing BFL but following the Atkins diet.

I am a 35 year old female, single parent with two children aged 12 and 10. I workout at home. I am looking for a buddy(ies) to inspire, motivate and keep me acountable and vice versa. I am looking to lose 20lbs by 31 December. Anyone interested in joining me on this mini challenge!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Nov-06-03, 08:46

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215/206/150 Female 5'6
BF:34.5%/33.2%/24%
Progress: 14%

Hi my name is Kyla and I also have about 50 pounds to ose. To be spacific amount 56.I have also tried BFL and WW. They didn't work for me but when I stay from cheating Atkins works great.
How have you done in this last 3 days? I will tell you that i bought the Atkins journal from Wal mart and it helps a lot.
Oh and by the way I am 31 female and I have 3 kids 6, 9 and 12. I am married too. I would love to lose 10-15 pounds by Dec. 31st.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Nov-06-03, 12:17

Hey Kyla

How long have you been in Atkins? You've lost a bit of weight too! Excellent!! Today is day 5 and I weighed myself this morning and I have lost another pound. 4lbs already and I'm eating like a horse! LOL And all this FAT! It's hard to get my mind around the FAT issue you know, after all these years of 'conditioning' and 'brain washing' that FAT IS BAD and CARBOHYDRATES ARE GOOD! I feel awesome and I'm sure I'm gonna look AWESOME one day! Let's do this together and hopefully it will help us stay on track.

Do you exercise Kyla? What do you do? Do you work or are you a stay at home mum?

I picked up a training journal at my local bookstore and it is great. I've never had one before and now I don't know what I'd do without it! I'm religiously in it all the time making notes, adjustments, affirmations etc. I LOVE MY JOURNAL. I LOVE THIS WOE!!!!

Take care Kyla
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 02:38

Stats: 210/202/165 Female 5'10
BF:
Progress: 18%

Hi - name's Haley. My goal is close to your's, also. I started November 5 and would like to lose 50 pounds. I've lost 5 so far! I would love to join your challenge. I'm 27 and have 2 stepkids - 14 y/o son & 8 y/o daughter. (and 2 awesome schnauzers!) Looking forward to the next few weeks!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 03:19

Stats: 210/202/165 Female 5'10
BF:
Progress: 18%

Hi. Me again. I was just wondering what kinds of exercise you do at home?

I am going to start at home, but in the next few weeks, I would like to start kick boxing classes again. I was taking them about 8 months ago and it was absolutely the most fun I've EVER had working out. If you have time or accessability to something like that, it's a great workout. Otherwise, I'll probably just pop in some of my old workout tapes. I have the Windsor Pilates, but it's kind of hard! I'll also do crunches and lunges and push ups.

Ta Ta
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 16:53

Hey Haley! How's it going? I do the BFL workouts, 3x week weight training and 3x week 20 minutes at HIIT. I also try and incorporate a 60min moderate intensity walk into my weekly exercise as well. Kick boxing is AWESOME! I have done kick boxing and love it. I have a kick back under my pergola and occasionally get out there and do a workout. But it is much more fun if you can go and do it somewhere either at a gym or with someone else. I live in the country so the closest gym to me is an hour's drive away so am limited to the what cardio I can do. I also have exercise tapes. Great ones are by Susan Powter. Have you heard of her? She used to be about 300lbs and is now about 120lbs, fantastic woman (not lc though!) but her workouts on video are great fat burners. She also does interval training as well. I do crunches as well and am working damn hard on them to one day see a six pack! LOL I'm sure there under there SOMEWHERE!!!! I've been working them for 10 months! Snauzers? Dogs? Sorry for my ignorance. I have 3 dogs, one jack russell x chicauwa (naughty dog), one jack russell x foxy terrier puppy (cheeky dog) and a collie x shepherd (beautiful natured) and a pussy cat (fatso - needs LCarbing LOL), one budgie (the other one died! and so did my 2 finches ) and 4 chickens (who are lazy layers!) LOL My weight loss seems to go up and down but I suppose it's water weight and I am building muscle as well. Keep up the good work Haley.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-03, 07:53

Plan: atkins
Stats: 303/287/190 Female 5'5.5"(65.5")(166.5 cm)
BF:

Hi all! I was looking for a challenge that didn't already have 6 pages I'd like to join you all. I have about 55 lbs to lose, and would like to lose 20 of them by New Year's.
I started Atkins in June and lost about 17 lbs, then fell off and regained 15 lbs in August. Just 8 days ago I started over and have already lost the 15 again! I know to be thankful for that, because for some, induction doesn't work as well the second time. This time I'm not quitting for anything. I'm still not exercising though, but my DH bought me a treadmill, and I just need to get motivated to use it.
I have to go fix breakfast for my kids--so glad I found this challenge!

Persimmon
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-03, 07:59

Plan: atkins
Stats: 303/287/190 Female 5'5.5"(65.5")(166.5 cm)
BF:

I should add that I'm female, 42 years old, married, have two children, ages 9 & 5.
Wow, xena, you've lost 50 lbs already! That's really awesome

Last edited by persimmon : Wed, Nov-12-03 at 08:00.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-03, 08:05
Brown-Eyed Girl

Stats: 260/153/155 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Hello everyone. Is it to late to join your group? I started Atkins on September 22 and have (to date) lost 25 lbs. For the last week or so, I've been stuck at 195. I was hoping to hit 190 by the 15, but it's not looking real promising.

I bought an exercise bike a few months ago and plan to ride it, but with kids, husband, full time job and finishing my bachelor's degree, exercise hasn't been on the top of my priority list (shame on me) I'd really like to join the group.

By the way, I'm 28, have 4 daughters, husband, and a boxer named "Hollywood".
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-03, 22:04

Hi Persimmon

I was also looking for a challenge that wasn't so darn long! So I decided to start this one. You've done really well with going back on induction and you're not exercising! I'd be too scared too LOL. Get on that treadmill girl!!!!! Go for that walk! Have you got girls or boys or one of each?

Hey there Ohio Kim

It's never too late to join. Just climb aboard! Don't panic about not losing this week as your body is adjusting to the weight loss. Just keep at it. Have you thought about getting up 30 mins earlier than everyone else and doing 20 mins or so on the bike? I know how hard that is when there is so much on your plate
especially with FOUR daughters! WOW What ages? But you will be surprised at how much better you will feel knowing that it's done for the day and in a short period of time getting up 30 minutes before everyone becomes so much easier and as you become fitter on the bike, you will feel more alive at that hour.

Looks like we've all got about the same amount of weight to lose. I lost another pound today which I am happy about. I would like to get to 170lbs by next Monday! Here's hoping.

How are you going Kyla and Haley?
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Nov-13-03, 16:51

Plan: The Formula 40-30-30
Stats: 133/128.5/102 Female 5' 0
BF:
Progress: 15%
Default Can I join?

Hi, I could really use a challenge and support team as well. I am 36 (UGH!) and have 2 kids. My kids ages are 6.5 (boy) and a 4 yr. old DD. She is not too darling. Boys always love their mommies and are pretty go with the flow. Girls whine! GRRR! Anyway, I live in NY and I am a SAHM. After giving birth to my DD, I weighed a whopping 161 lbs. For a 5'0" this made me look like a perfect circle. I went on Protein Power and it took a little bit of weight off. Then I knew that if I had a more structured plan that I might lose wt. even better. I was on the Formula 40-30-30 plan. It was great and I dropped 28 lbs. I felt great. Then I felt carb deprived and wanted an easy way out plan. I joined WW. I did great when I first joined I lost close to 20 lbs. So everytime a person told me that I was so skinny, that I would allow myself to eat something naughty. As I ate more carbs, I gained and gained. By now, I was addicted. I even had to pay for the journal and the support while counting pain in the neck pts.

Everyone has been raving about Atkins lately and I remembered my 40-30-30 plan. I went back on it and immediately lost 2 lbs. YEAH! I feel great. Of course, the first 2 days, I was ready to eat the wallpaper for carbs. I feel full and so, smaller portions feel better and I have a more stabilized blood sugar. It is good for this mom who has 2 active kids.

I need to lose 10 lbs. by Dec. 13th. I have a special event and I refuse to buy a big size outfit and look round. I could use a lot of support and encouragemen. I hope that I can provide some too. By the way, tomorrow I am restarting my Tae Bo 3x/wk or doing my Gilad weight resistance tapes.

I hope to get to know everyone and we can have some fun!

Donna
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Nov-14-03, 09:17
Brown-Eyed Girl

Stats: 260/153/155 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Xena: Well I sorta took your advice. For the last 2 nights, I have hopped on my bike and peddled away for 25 minutes while we were watching our evening sitcoms. I am usually sitting with the family during that time anyway. Now, I'm still there, just huffing and puffing away. I have an Ab thingie too and need to start doing that as well. (not that much motivation yet though.) My girls are 9, 8, 6, and 3.. They are (overall) little sweeties.

I've beend doing Atkins for about 2 1/2 months. (Wow, I can't believe its been that long). I initially lost about 25 lbs. and have been on a 2 week stall. Stuck at 195. I won't be making my 11/15 goal.. Hopefully, something kicks in soon.

Great to meet all of you and I wish you all continued success!
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Nov-14-03, 17:24

Plan: Atkins / BFL
Stats: 267/237/200 Male 6' 1
BF:
Progress: 45%

Hi All. I was hoping to join in on this challenge, too. I need a bit of a push, since I've been on a bit of a stall since the Canadian Thanksgiving.
I'm 37, male, married, two boys (13 and 10).
I started Atkins on May 1 2003 and I do the BFL workout (more or less) about 5 days a week at the gym. I found this relatively high level of exercise allows me to slack off a bit with my eating habits and still lose weight, but now I think it's starting to catch up with me! So with this challenge, I may not go back to full induction, but I can hopefully stay motivated to keep the carbs at a low level and get to the gym without skipping a day.

Good luck, everybody!

Sean
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Nov-15-03, 14:28

Ohio Kim! Good for you! I'm glad you got on ya bike! It's great whenyou can do exercise and watch TV at the same time, it's not so boring. Keep at it and things will happen weight wise. Keep huffin' n puffin' too, I can just see you now, peddalling away watching TV, go for it KIM!!!!
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Nov-15-03, 14:32

Hi Sean, nice to meet you mate. How's things going? How do you cope with the BFL weight training and Atkins? You've been doing it since May so it must be going pretty good. I love weight lifting and could never go without doing it now. Sometimes I may miss one workout a week, but feel really guilty when I do. I love building muscle (just want to see them though!) LOL One day.