Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-03, 22:03
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 308/293.5/145 Female 5'6"
BF:probably 100%
Progress: 9%
Default Ruby Tuesday's taste and carb report

Well, I took myself out to Ruby Tuesday's today for lunch! I just had to try some of the low carb stuff. I had: ribeye steak, creamy cauliflower (fake mashed potatoes) and creamed spinach. OH- and a slice of cheescake!

Results: I was shocked that the cauliflower dish tasted so much like mashed potatoes, just much creamier. Delicious! - 7 carbs

Creamed Spinach- 9 carbs-too much so I just ate half. Could have been a little cheesier, and had a bit too much salt for my taste.

Cheescake- awesome!!!!! and only 6 carbs for a very decent size slice.

I saved the steak for last because...the guide listed it as 10 CARBS!!!! I inquired as to whether that included the sides, but we discovered the numbers didn't add up. Then, one of the waiters checked in the kitchen and they said the cook said, "meat has carbs." I said nope! So, the investigation continues. The only thing it could possibly be is the seasoning, and they would have to use an awful lot to make 10 carbs. They are checking into it. Meanwhile, when I go back, (when I have money!) I will order a steak seasoned only with salt and pepper.

Happy lc'ing!! Tina
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-03, 22:31
Contributing Member

Plan: ???
Stats: ???/???/??? Female ???
BF:
Progress: 10%

Some restaurants use meat tenderizer which can have sugar and/or modified food starch in it. I also read somewhere that some places brush sugar on steaks so it will carmelize and make darker grill marks.

I'd go there just for coffee and the cheesecake!

I'm adding this after looking at their menu which says the steak includes 2 low carb sides. Maybe the sides are included in the carb count for the steak?

Last edited by coco2 : Thu, Nov-13-03 at 04:56.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Nov-13-03, 02:42
90 Days at a Time

Plan: Glycemic Load
Stats: 426/405.2/326 Male 74 in.
BF:
Progress: 21%

Thanks for the test drive of RT's. I am going this weekend (maybe more than once)! I have 2 dinners with family and if meal 1 is good then I will steer the next group there as well.
Since breakfast for me is generally bacon and mock danish (1/2 pkt splenda); I can do tuna salad happily for lunch...the 30 (appx) of carbs for a full meal are doable. I would probably pass on the spinach and do salad instead.
Now I have another reason to live for weekends. :-)
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Nov-13-03, 07:57
3 Days at a Time

Plan: OWL
Stats: 150/150/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 16%

I hadn't seen the news about RT's Low Carb menu, so imagine my shock and happiness when I found it yesterday after the fiance dragged me out for lunch.

I had the chicken wrap with a spring salad, and it was quite tasty. I laughed when I saw the pork rinds... someone was paying attention.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Nov-13-03, 08:37

Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%

I'll leave this thread here for the benefit of the TDC, but if you have a second, post some of these observations in the Ruby Tuesday's thread here...

Thanks --Donald

Last edited by DWRolfe : Mon, Nov-24-03 at 18:26.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Nov-13-03, 17:15

Plan: atkins
Stats: 400/333/250 Male 5'9
BF:49.5
Progress: 45%

Ok I went there for lunch today. I had the black and blue burger wrap. It was a wrapped burger with blue cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, and a special low carb dijon sauce. It was yummy!!!!!! It came came with a mixed green salad and vinagarette dressing.
I had the cheesecake for dessert!!!! God it was so heavenly!!!!!!!
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Nov-13-03, 17:23

Stats: 206/144/135 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 87%

You guys are making me HUNGRY! I already checked out the menu and I’ve got my eye on the chicken quesadilla appetizer (as a meal). I LOVE quesadillas! Only thing is I’d miss out on the wonderful sides. Oh well, still sounds GOOD! Let me know if anyone has tried it. . . . . Thanks!
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Nov-14-03, 09:07

Plan: atkins
Stats: 400/333/250 Male 5'9
BF:49.5

hey the carbs counts must be close!!! I am still in ketosis!!!!
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Nov-14-03, 17:18
Registered Member

Stats: 241/196/140 Female 64 in
BF:?????

I too have been to RT... the cheesecake is to die for. I have always enjoyed their salad bar... now we have so much more to choose for...

Hooray for progress.
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Nov-14-03, 18:56

Plan: Atkins cheat free
Stats: 313/167/164 Female 69 inches
BF:who knows
Progress: 98%

I just read about this in the paper this week. Oh wow. Now I need a reason to go out. ummm Happy Nov 15th sounds good to me.
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Nov-15-03, 17:19
90 Days at a Time

BF:

I just ate a meal from there and it is heaven. Really a treat. I posted a blow by blow in my journal.
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Nov-15-03, 19:52
Registered Member

Stats: 302/291.8/145 Female 66 inches
BF:over 50%
Progress: 6%

MisterE - Loved your journaled visit to Ruby Tuesdays - you are a hoot And I'm going to drag someone down to SC to eat at the only one near us tomorrow. An hour away but sounds worth it. Jellogirl
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Nov-15-03, 20:33

Stats: 206/144/135 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 87%

Yes, MisterE-- great review! I'm glad to hear the quesadillas were a "high point." I've had my eye on those. I confess, every once and a while I pull their menu up on the net and just dream (while salivating of course!). Man, I CAN'T wait. Thanks!
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Nov-16-03, 16:09
90 Days at a Time

BF:

OK...SPICY CHICKEN WRAP IS THE THING! (Yes, I ate there again today on my way home from playing Grandpa to little Caleb (who is now one month old and almost back up to his birth weight! Doing great!)...
I doubt I will go to Ruby Tuesday's for anything but the Spicy Chicken Wrap for a while. It was THAT GOOD!
And I still brought home cheese cake for tomorrow. I ate the rest of yesterdays today.

My wife and I are not good cooks so for us this is a real Low carb treat!
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Nov-17-03, 07:01
Butter Tastes Better

Plan: Atkins OWL / IF-23/1 /BFL
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 34%

I asked about the steak when I went there and they said it DID include the 2 sides. I guess they just counted one high carb side and one lower carb side. I also wrote them a letter asking and they said the same thing. I counted the steak as 0 and I had the broccoli and spring mix with it so that was 2. The chef said there was nothing in the meat and it was 0 carbs. I couldnt taste anything strange or sweet on it either (10 oz steak)

Their chicken quesedilla was awesome, their burger was good but I didnt like the dijon and the tortilla tasted kinda strange. The cheesecake was unbelievable. The chicken with bacon and mushrooms and swiss cheese was really good too (I forget what it was called) The dressing they gave for the salad I dipped the broccoli into and overall I thought it was great.

I will head back there again.