Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

View Poll Results: where do I start and what is a realistic time for weight loss?
How do I begin? 0 0%
what should I start out reading? 2 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

#1   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-03, 10:45

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/220/150 Female five foot eight inches
BF:50%/50%/25%
Progress:
Default First time I ever tried this

dazzle: [COLOR=DarkGreen]Hi, I just decided after years of trying everything under the sun to get serious about my weight. I would love as much help as people would like to offer. I have been overweight my whole life and I just don't like it anymore. I am getting older and it's either now or never. So, I need support and direction and would like to get it in a positive way. Feedback is always welcome- Thanks
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-03, 10:58
PuertoRican Princess

Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 38%

Welcome! Get the Atkins book, and read it, then read it again. Also, check out the Success Stories and Before and After at www.atkins.com. I find it keeps me motivated. Don't forget to drink lots of water, if your thirsty your already dehydrated. So drink up and don't wait till you are thirsty to do so. Get some kind of exercise in even if it's dancing in your living room to some of your favorites tunes.You can do it.

Lily
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-03, 11:08
Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3
Progress: 80%

g9 I want to offer my best wishes to you. I hope Atkins will work for you. It is the only way I have ever been able to control myself foodwise and lose weight.

First I recommend supplements: I take a multivitamin, potassium, and calcium/magnesium/zinc.

Second, drink water. Dr.A says at least 8 glasses a day.

Third exercise (after you get through carbwithdrawal).

Fourth Expectations. This way of eating zaps the weight off some people really fast and some really slow. Around the third to fifth week, your weight may do strange things- like going up a lot, or you'll stop losing. This is so normal so don't let it throw you if it happens. Stick with the plan and the weight loss will resume when your body is ready.

During induction avoid the lowcarb processed foods. Some people don't lose when they have these.

If your hungry EAT.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-03, 11:09
Registered Member

Stats: 160/134/130 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 87%

Welcome, deciding to do this is the hardest part, so
aren't you glad that is over? This is not a diet, but a way of life, and a lifestyle you can embrace while the pounds melt off and after they are gone! Read the book, check the atkins website (my favorite source for atkins info) read it and read it again! Try new things too, learn from others that have had success. You need not deprive yourself, this way of life lets you have it all, in one form or another- you will love low carbing when you find yourself feeling good, not deprived and literally eating the right things to a weight loss. I am lifetime WW and will never go back to that after this- I can eat on Atkins, and suffer on WW. Congratulations!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-03, 19:49

Stats: 220/220/150 Female five foot eight inches
BF:50%/50%/25%
Progress:

Janetz- Thanks for the reply, Like I said, first time at this diet plan. My girlfriends do it all the time and always lose weight. I drive a school bus and am a full time mom to 2 teenage boys so I would think I could lose weight. I love the bad food and always have. I put you on my buddy list for the first person I made contact with starting a new way of eating. Hopefully with all of this support and some hard work and effort it will all come off. Thanks again- g9