Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 13:07
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 211/180/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 44%

lol I was just as cold at 258lbs. I'm from the south and the least amount of cool breeze that come my way i'm freezing
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 15:09

Stats: 230/201/140 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 32%

I look forward to the day I'm chilled. I'm still in the phase paradise refered to as being a little furnace. DH won't even share blankets with me because I keep kicking them off both of us a night. This is worse then menopause.
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 15:27

Stats: 215/150/?? Male 5' 11
BF:25%/17%/<10%
Progress:

I like to whip up a nice pot of chili with some hot dogs thrown in during the winter time. I also recently converted Emeril's New England Clam Chowder recipe to low carb and it was fantastic.
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 17:33

Stats: 338/253/210 Male 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 66%

The thing I dislike about winter is that it makes it harder to grill. You can make steaks, burgers & chicken any number of ways indoors, but there is no replacing a fine strip steak or chicken breast cooked on the grill.

I should be able to grill all the way into December, and without precipitation, maybe all winter long. Winters are cold here sometimes, but they're usually brief. I'll have to pick nice days and grill a ton of stuff.
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 17:56

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210/180/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 46%

Up here where it gets reallllly cold we barbecue outside lots of times in winter. But I also use my indoor electric grill, it gives you those nice grill marks and it really tastes good.
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 18:59
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 175/154/130 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 47%

I am cold!!!!! and I just thought that it was only me
I've been walking around the office today wearing a
jacket. I was always the person walking around the
house with shorts and t shirts in cold weather now
its sweatshirts and pants!!!! I'm not complaining bring
on the whoosh fairy...
  #22   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-03, 06:08

Stats: 236/186/190 Male 72 inches
BF:21
Progress: 109%

Hi All,
I am amazed at how much 50 pounds of fat used to keep me warm. Not exactly warm, but hot! I was always the one breaking a sweat no matter where I was and often was embarrassed by it, to be the only one becoming wet by just standing or sitting still. Summer and Winter, indoors or out. This problem has solved itself over the last year with my weight loss and is one of the benefits I am so happy about.

But...

Now I am really cold which is something I am not at all used to. The thermostat in the house was always kept at 64 in the winter and since I am home all day, I could get away with it. When my wife got home from work, I would build a fire to heat the room she liked to relax in. Now I have to keep the temp at 68 and am still too cold if not active. My bride is, however, much happier.

My over all stand on the change? It is much easier to get warmer, than to get cooler, and I am a much happier and more comfortable person now.

Best to you all,
T.
  #23   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-03, 08:28

Stats: 225/192.5/180 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 72%

It sure is chilly lately. I find myself wearing long sleeve t-shirts and cardigans over. I look nice and slim most days. And the comment about those nice winter sweaters looking good now. I agree. I love them.

As for winter cooking...I grill all winter long. DH knows to shovel a path for me from the backdoor to the grill. There's nothing like steaks cooked outdoors.
  #24   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-03, 08:33
Registered Member

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 162/150/140 Female 5'7''
BF:
Progress: 55%

The high here today is 82. If I have christmas in shorts, I will not be a happy camper.
  #25   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-03, 13:05
Registered Member

Stats: // Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 54%

How does one make low carb chili? I was wondering what I'd do without chili this winter.
  #26   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-03, 16:17

Stats: 138/122/115 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 70%

Quote:
Originally Posted by janetz
We went from record highs to record lows in a week in parts of Northern CA, and although the clothes thing is a real hassle- shorts one day and woolies the next, it is the food choices that are hard for me- I like comfort food when it is cold and rainy- what do you all eat to keep your inner furnace worm now that you have less insulation?

This weather has been crazy. I personally love cold weather. I do think my body is having a hard time dealing with the sudden change of 80's to 50's and 60's.
  #27   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-03, 17:08

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 271/217/186 Male 6'1"
BF:
Progress: 64%

Check the recipe threads for chili.

LC chili is simply good meat, chilis, other spices you like, and perhaps a bit of unsweetened tomato for the sauce if that appeals to you.

Much, much better than chili with beans in it. IMHO, of course!