Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 08:36
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 157/147/125 Female 5'3''
BF:28
Progress: 31%

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryp
I forgot to ask. If KISS is supposed to be lean meats, no cheese, no nuts, only 2 tablespoons of oil...
Is it still consider Atkins?
Atkins, for what I understand is higher fat, higer cal.
I wasn't hungry yesterday, but then i also didn't do a very low fat version of KISS.
I know that KISS is supposed to help you loose faster than regular Atkins, but after you go back to the higer fat, higer cals. do you gain it all back?

Is KISS a Low cal.-Low fat diet instead of Atkins??
OK I'm done, I guess I should have asked all these questions beforehand. any answers would be really appreciated.
Thanks

Ok from what I understand, yes this is lean meats. Olive Oil/ any Oil source like Mayo or Butter should be limited to 2 tlbspn per day.

I honestly wasnt bothered by the extra fat I had in my beef yesterday. You just have to remember though that you can not have high fat and high carbs at the same time.

By doing lean meats 3-9 oz, you are then most fortunate to increase carbs from COMPLEX carbs like veggies. Increasing veggies makes you feel full and you lessen the animal protein you take in as what others dread or worry about. I am not really worried about that meat issue though as long as you drink ALOT of water.

Ok this is my take on this. Its not based of some scientific study but just from all around sources I have read.

Maybe some other kissers present with us can further enlighten us on this issue.

Last edited by Wrap : Tue, Nov-11-03 at 10:08.
Sponsored Links