Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-03, 17:43

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 275/267/165 Female 5'9
BF:Too High!
Progress: 7%
Cool Need a pep talk from some "success stories"..

I started Atkins in October, did well for the first month then completely blew it. I started again 4 days ago. I love the diet, it's my own lack of discipline that lead to the first failure. I've lost weight in the past and I'm even more determined to make it work this time.

Any of you "success stories" that can give me a pep talk. Particulary if you maybe didn't do so well at first?

Thanks..
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-03, 17:50

Plan: Atkins since 5/27/03
Stats: 202/167/150 Female 67.25
BF:
Progress: 67%

I did okay at first, but have gone through periods where it was harder to stay on it. I have lost 32 lbs since 5/27/03 and for the most part stuck to it. I did induction for about 6 weeks (although I drink some, just allowed alcohols, and still do) then moved to OWL where I found about 30 net carbs keeps me losing about 1 lb per week. Which is lovely and inspiring because I quit going to the gym just after Labor day and have continued my 1 lb per week loss. I did well on induction and lost 12-15 of those 32 lbs then. Keep at it, we will all get there eventually and you CAN do it!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-03, 18:15

Plan: atkins
Stats: 231/191/150 Female 5 6
BF:
Progress: 49%

Hi Tweetheart! I used the Atkins plan many years ago. I also did Weight Watchers and every other single diet plan known. I gave up and just ate whatever I wanted and gained weight. Now I have been diagnosed a diabetic and it has become a health issue. Please, stick to the Atkins plan as well as you can so that you dont have the same fate I did. I am happy to say that I have lost 40 lbs in 4 months and my blood sugars are now terrific. Do not wait for something like this.....treat yourself with kindness and give yourself the gift of health. You deserve it!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-03, 18:27

Stats: 275/267/165 Female 5'9
BF:Too High!
Progress: 7%
Default Wow, thanks...

Thanks guys...this kind of thing is so helpful to me!!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-03, 18:47

Stats: 235/145/130 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 86%

Remember that it does not matter if your weight loss is slow. I started taking off the pounds in 1998! I am not going to break any speed records. And you don't have to either.

And think -- how bad do you want it?
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-03, 19:09

Stats: 287/171/150 Male 67"
BF:
Progress: 85%

I lost 97 pounds in 8 months and counting on Atkins. Im now joining the US Navy as a Master at Arms (military police). If I did it you can too.

I used to weigh 280 ish...I now weigh 180 and going down. Stick to the plan, and you will be so happy you did afterwords. Just remember. The sooner you start the sooner you will be able to tell yourself "Thank god I did it" You will thank yourself in more ways you could imagine if you stick to it. You have to want to do this, you have to realize you MUST do this. And I wish you the best.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-03, 21:09

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

One thing that I knew before beginning this WOE was that I need meat. Whenever I attempted to eat "healthy", I would cut down on my meat. By the end of the week I was dying for a piece of red meat. Meat attracted me to this woe. I was manifesting definite symptoms of hypoglycemia so it was obvious that carbs were not good for me. I could succeed easier on a diet that encouraged me to eat meats and fats. Then I read of all of the wonderful veggies that I could eat. My favorites from my childhood.! Except for my dad's fresh, outta the garden sweet corn, I can eat the stuff I grew up with. For the most part, I am eating foods that I ate when I was a child. We were not a dessert eating family. Breads and cookies were rarely eaten. Also, I was skinny and my appetite was very limited.

Now I have put on 38 lbs since my last baby who is now15 years old. Since being on Atkins I have lost 26 lbs. It is alot easier to say "no" to carbs than it is to say "no" to animal protein. I've gone down from an 11 to a size 8. It has been a slow but progressive loss and I have not looked back.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-03, 22:09
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

My weight can remain steady or fluctuate up and down. It can be depressing when the scale doesn't move, or moves in the wrong direction, but I am definetly alot lower then when I started this WOL.

What really helps me is to look at what I'm craving, then tell myself I can make it LC and probably better tasting at home. Cheesecakes Atkins style are usually much better as you can use the nice full fat cream cheese, not over power it with sweetness, and not dump preservatives in it to make it resemble carbboard.

I'm attaching my fitday weight chart for the past month and 4 months. As you can see there are a tons of ups and downs.

edit: Due to resizing these look like crap. Hopefully there is enough there though you can get the idea.
Attached Images
File Type: png 4month.png (1.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: png month.png (1.3 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by LadyBelle : Mon, Nov-10-03 at 22:11.