Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Nov-09-03, 09:55
Registered Member

Plan: ER4YT and Atkins
Stats: 172/146/139 Female 5'2"
BF:35%/23%/20%
Progress: 79%
Default Something Exciting is Happening at Work...

My husband and I own a promotional products company. We have 8 people who work for us. I started on Atkins last January and have gone from a size 14 to verging on a size 6.

I haven't been making a big deal about it at work, but people keep asking me what I am doing to lose the weight. Now my husband is on the band wagon and he has gone from size 36 pants to size 33 and his ab muscles are starting to show. Our sales co-ordinator has been on the plan for about 1 month and lost 14 lbs. Our shipper has lost at 2 least 2 shirt sizes. The salepeople are now starting to eat low carb as well.

Since our office was never a donut, cake snacking office, the changeover has been low key, but extremely dramatic. Maybe we should become a poster office for this way of life....
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Nov-09-03, 10:46

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 202/128/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 96%

Sounds like everyone is doing fantastic! Congratulations. It's great that you can all support each other.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Nov-09-03, 10:54

Stats: 320/224/175 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 66%

There is nothing like having support at work... I know because the office where I work has been VERY supportive of my "Atkins-ing"!! I am now starting an email newsletter at work with tips on where to find LC foods! There are about 6 or 8 LC'rs at work, and also some who have relatives who want to be included on the email "string"!

GREAT job and congrats on your weight loss... that is marvelous!

~Debbie~LoveSong~
<----for you!!!!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Nov-09-03, 12:04

Stats: 203/138/140 Female 65inches
BF:
Progress: 103%

I have converted a few people at work as well. It is great to help so many.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-03, 09:14

Stats: 185/151/145 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 85%

I've got two people at work converted, one has lost 13 pounds, and three more are kicking the idea around.
I just keep coming in day after day, smaller & smaller, without saying a word...they ask me!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-03, 10:41

Plan: low carb-atkins
Stats: 280/170/150 Female 5'8
BF:40/27.5/22
Progress: 85%

Its only me and my boss at my work..in the office....but since I have been LCing she is too...and she has lost 13 lbs..and is so happy....she is not very overweight but says she now feels fantastic...she Used to watch her fat intake..and for a year suffered through not loosing a lb. Now 13 lbs lighter..she thanks me everday!!..
Gotta LOVE this WOL!!!
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-03, 11:17

Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%

A few people I work with tried LCing based on my success with it. They have all fallen back into their previous eating habits. What's weird about it though is that they come into my office, sit down and tell me how they "really need to do something" because "they are so tired all the time and so uncomfortable".

Donald