Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-03, 08:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 225/192.5/180 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 72%
Question Weight/Height Charts?

I've been reading the thread where everybody put in their age, height/weight and sizes. I was amazed at the different sizes that people wore and they were the same weight. It got me thinking on how everybody picked their "goal" weight.

Is there a table that is around that you picked from? Or is it the last weight you felt good at? I'm wondering if my goal weight will be a good one. I want to feel like I'm moving along.

Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-03, 08:22

Stats: 156/146.8/139 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 54%

I picked my goal based on being there before (for about 5 minutes LOL) a few years ago, maintenance problem on the old WW/LF/counting points thing.

That weight felt "comfortable". You'll know goal when you get there. It's totally individual.

As for me, I wear smaller clothes now than when I was lighter a few years ago but I still have a roll around the middle to deal with.....

I'm going to get back there one LC day at a time.

Have a good one.

Julie
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-03, 08:24
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

The best thing to do is find out your body fat percentage, then shoot for a healthy amount body fat. Two people can be the exact same height and weight, but if someone exercises more, or is just naturaly more muscular, they will wear 2 sizes or more smaller and look alot thinner at the same weight.

It also has to deal with porportions too. I have short legs, a longer torso, and very broas shoulders. Because of my shoulders I have to wear a larger size on top then someone with my same measurements chest and waist wise.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-03, 08:24
Brown-Eyed Girl

Stats: 260/153/155 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 102%

When I was in High School and College, I was very active and physically fit. I remember weighing about 145 forever. I picked 155 because I have since had children and wanted to be a little more realistic. 144 is great, but I'd be content with 155.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-03, 08:42
Anyone?? Bueller?

Stats: 140/135/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 33%

I chose my goal because it was where I was at before my last 2 pregnancies.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-03, 09:54

Plan: Atkins & M/E
Stats: 225/216/140 Female 65
BF:31%/26%/25%
Progress: 11%

I just replied to a similar post about five minutes ago. My doctor has a weight chart which she refers to when I ask her and I also discovered most gym have it. I was lucky to find a heavy duty weighing scale at my local pharmacy that has a weight machine that gives you a print out with your ideal weight on a piece of paper and it also tells you how much you have to lose to get to your goal weight (which is good). Try your doctor or your gym. Good luck
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-03, 09:56

Plan: Atkins & M/E
Stats: 225/216/140 Female 65
BF:31%/26%/25%
Progress: 11%

Oh Janey it was you I replied to a few minutes ago, duh! Silly me (sorry for the double info!)
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-03, 10:04
Gold Member

Plan: Atkins -Maintenance
Stats: 250/132/150 Female 5'6
BF:y, are you hungry?
Progress: 118%

I'm pretty much the same as OhioKim. I was on the track team in college and I weighed in at between 145- 154. Mind you there was a lot more muscle mass then then is present now. I have actualy thought about lowering my goal weight but decided that I would wait untile I actualy reached 154 to do so. By the way I did get as low as 134 my 2nd year in college and I did not look good. My bones looked too promenent.

Gabrielle
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-03, 10:08

Plan: my own way...
Stats: 300/292/169 Female 72
BF:
Progress: 6%

I really had no idea since I have never been thin in my adult life!!! I am feeling really great, hanging around 195, but I still have at least another 30 pounds to lose. I put down 149 but i plan on stopping when I get my body where it wants to be which could be in the 160's
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-03, 13:30

Stats: 166/160/143 Female 5'10
BF:
Progress: 26%

Here is a guidline chart for healthy weights.

Just bear in mind you body structure and you can find a goal weigh in there somewhere,

Start at the top of the range and then when you're there you can decide if you want to go lower.

http://www.healthyglow.com/weight-l...ght-tables.html
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-03, 13:48

Stats: 210/181/160 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 58%

I was 155lbs about 11yrs ago and it felt great! I have a large body frame, muscles from years of karate.....People usually think I weigh less than I actually do, but I know better
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-03, 13:52
Alan Rickman Addict

Stats: 220/139/155 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 125%

I picked 145 lbs because it was the only weight that I remember when I was at my thinnest/most athletic. Ironically, at 145 this time around I was smaller than pre-LC.