Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-03, 06:14
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 160/150/125 Female 5 ft. 1 in
BF:
Progress: 29%
Default To busy to eat all day

[FONT=Century Gothic]I have been reading posts about what people are eating and it seems like you ae eating several small meal which is suggested. I work in a very busy office so I can't be running back to the kitchen to get food or eat it back there and I sit right in front of a door with a window so I can't eat at my desk which means I can't eat like that during the day.

I feel like I'm not eating enough food and I may be staving myself but I don't feel like it. The keto sticks are between none and small (I only check twice a week) I have been thinking about switching my salad to dinner and only eating meat at supper.

If I could get advise that would be helpful.. here is my sch during the day:
15 mins for Breakfast - 3 eggs fried or scrambled
30 mins for Dinner - Egg salad with 3 eggs and 1 T of Mayo or Tuna w/relish 1 splenda packet 1 T Mayo

I have to fly.. I am cutting into my 15 min Breakfast.

P.S. I tried to make the Coconut cream pie last night and I messed it up it turned out like a tiny sweet quiche YUCK!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-03, 06:45

Plan: atkins, modified
Stats: 220/170/150 Female 5'5
BF:40%/32%/20%
Progress: 71%

There are no carbs but the 5 eggs in your diet. Are you drinking at least 60 oz of water a day?
Try to add bacon or ham in the AM. What about cutting up chesse and pepperoni to snack on? In order to lose fat, you need to eat fat. I don't eat 5 meals, just 3 but they are a good size. WATER is the key as well. Not sure if you can do the water due to your job...running to the b-room every 20 min. isn't probably allowed.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-03, 06:56

Plan: Fuhrmann
Stats: 248/229.5/170 Male 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 24%

You don't get a lunch break? If not you should be allowed to eat at your desk. Convince your supervisor that you are more efficient if you have lunch. Where I work, a second employee takes care of reception before 8 am and at noon so the receptionist can take lunch. A third employee takes 4pm to 5pm while the building clears out.

Starving does not work. If it did we would all be going to Weight Watchers.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-03, 08:07
Registered Member

Stats: 253/195/175 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 74%

If you are only allowed to eat twice a day, then this diet will most likely not work for you.

I understand that you may not be able to keep a plate at your desk, but here's one thing that might work for you. Cook up a bunch of food in the morning(or the night before), put it in a ziplock bag, and then just nibble from that all day.

I'm in sales, which means that I drive around a lot during the day, and do not always have time to stop and have a sit down meal. However, on the days that I know I am going to be busiest, I have my ziplock bag full of steak and bacon, and eat sporadically as the day goes on.

TC
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-03, 08:32

Plan: what ever
Stats: 198/177/000 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 11%

Hi,
TrueColors, I have to disagree with you there. I have read all the atkins. even the very first one that came out in the 70's. On some of his case studies, one in perticular is a woman who ate only one chef salad a day. she was happy with it and it worked for her, and her health was just fine. and she did lose weight!

I only eat 2 meals a day. And I have know prob. with losing weight on atkins. And I have been on this diet alot. I never quit the diet, from not losing weight, I always quit from bordom with the food choses. Never made an atempt. to try a new recipe.

I am alot older and wiser now and trying alot of new recipes and never eat breakfast,

By some of that string cheese, stick it in your pocket or desk door, or any snack and be sneecky. pinch or grab it on the way to the powder room. Atkins says if your hungry eat if not I would no worry about it.

throw in some bacon, or sausage for breakfast. cook it up on the week ends or your day off, put it in a baggie and freeze. grab out some and nuke it to go with the eggs
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-03, 10:41
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

In Atkins rules of induciton he states not to go more then 4 hours without eating and to have something within an hour of rising.

The clinic and the doctor have made alot of advances since the 70's, as has medicine and understanding of the human body in general. I would stick to his current recomendations of eating more meals.

Smaller more frequent meals also help keep the metabolism going and help with nutrient distrabution. Your body will only take what it needs, either storing the rest or just disposing of it. By giving it a constant supply of protien and other nutrients it can better utilize it for energy.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-03, 10:49
~version 2.0~

Stats: 186/173/145 Female 62 inches
BF:YES.
Progress: 32%

there are lots of small snack ideas that you can eat at your desk without looking like you are laying out a buffet try making some devilled eggs on the weekend... and they make quick snacks... also if on OWL try some macademia nuts for a quick snack... or like ladybelle said... string cheese is always good on the go.... you have lots of choices... you just need to make sure to get the planning in... it is your health we are talking about... you need to give yourself all the nutrients... and energy to make it thru what sounds like a pretty hectic worklife...

good luck...
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-03, 13:26

Stats: 166/160/143 Female 5'10
BF:
Progress: 26%

I agree that it is strange that you are not allowed to have a lunch break - isn't that against the law?

I also agree that you don't have enough carbs in your diet. Make sure you get the 3 cups of veggies and spread them throughout the day.

I take a cooked breakfast and a cooked lunch (or a salad) to work so I don't ahve to prepare anything there. it just emans an extra 30 mins of cooking time the night before which is fine because I love cooking.

Prepare your food the night before and then you don't have to be rushed in the morning (couldn't you wake up a little earlier anyway) and you don't have to do elaborate preparations at lunch time.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 05:57
Registered Member

BF:

I do get a lunch break... sorry I call it dinner and dinner is supper. I eat 3 meals a day.. but as I was thinking before not enough.

I will try the string cheese idea.. I have to stay away from nuts they are a problem for me, I can't stop eating them.. a small container that is supposed to last all day is gone before i know what happened.

Bacon is a good idea I love bacon but I haven't found any that has no nitrates so I gave up on it.

Rogue.. get up early? If I tried that I would never go to bed, my life is busy with BF in Iraq.

Thanks for the advice
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 06:00
Registered Member

BF:

oh and boston girl.. I drink 72 oz of water a day.. yes i'm floating all the way to the restroom were they are still paging me to pick up the DAMN phone.