Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Nov-08-03, 18:03
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%
Default LC shopping spree

Yeahhh, the Super Walmart here just got in a ton of LC things.

There was the carb smart milk in skim, whole, and 2%. I didn't get those though. Going to try to stick to induction for abit.

I did get some pantry stable things though for after They are carrying Soy Slender now !!!!

I also found some Low Carb Gernola. 29g total carbs with a whopping 25g of fiber. That should start some regularity ;p I also found some LC cake and cookie mixes, and best of all, no sugar alcohols! I bought the chocolate cake mix, carrot cake mix, and snickerdoodle cookie mix.

I also got a chocolate hot cereal for the morning, and a pie crust mix for thanks giving There was a ton more of things there, but I have to have some moderation I may get the LC bisciuts for Thanksgiving, I really didn't have any on the menu.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Nov-08-03, 20:24

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 320/224/175 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 66%

My local WM is going Super after the first of the year, and all I can say is: I CAN'T WAIT!!

I am starting to be able to find a few more LC things in regular grocery stores, but some of the prices are just insane! I LOVE bread... but I'll be danged if I am gonna pay $3.00 a loaf for a one pound loaf! Not ME!

So I'm hoping that SWM will beat the prices of the LC stuff I've found so far

Not in time for the holidays this year... but we'll LC it with what we can get now

~Debbie~LoveSong~

#3   ^
Old Sat, Nov-08-03, 21:34

Stats: 260/245/150 Female 5'8"
BF:A Little LESS!
Progress: 14%

What is the brand name of that granola...or what does the package look like?
I am constantly looking for more fiber..lol
Sounds yummy with a little cream
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Nov-08-03, 21:51
Resident Loud Mouth

BF:

I think the brand name on the Granola and the mixes is MiniCarb. I've seen the brand online, just don't remember where.

$3.00 a loaf isn't bad. I saw some shelf stable bread online that was $6.00 a loaf. Of course buying from most places online looks cheap, until you read bread needs special overnight shipping and you will end up paying at least $10 more for that :P
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Nov-09-03, 08:48

Stats: 260/245/150 Female 5'8"
BF:A Little LESS!
Progress: 14%

I don't have too much of a problem with bread, since I don't eat more than 2 or 3 slices a week. I buy Nauture's Own, and it has about 7 net carbs per slice...and it's realistically priced.
But cereal has been a different story, most of them having so many carbs and sugars you might as well be eating donuts for breakfast! Thanks for the info about Minicarb. It will definitely be something I look for on my next trip to Walmart.
Lesle
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Nov-09-03, 13:00

Stats: 156/135/128 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 75%

Lady,
139!!!!! Congratulations on crossing to the 130's. I've been watching your stats because I've also been on 140 for a while. The scale said 139 yesterday... but 140 again today.

Your post hit home because I did the same thing last week. I found this new section with all these "goodies" and I did spend quite a bit, too. I did get the granola, it's ok, not something I would buy again, though. I also got the Ross chocolates, I always wanted to try them but never ordered through the Internet. I liked them TOO much, so I won't be buying them for a while. They still don't carry the Carb Countdown milk.
Let me know how you like the chocolate hot cereal. I'm tired of spending tons on stuff that I don't like.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Nov-09-03, 14:08
Resident Loud Mouth

BF:

Be careful on the Ross chocoaltes. Usually sugar alcohols don't bother me, at least ther Hershey didn't or the Atkins endulge PB cups. The Ross white chocolate though gave me horrid cramping and gas. I was so excited to find white chocolate too, I had been craving it. Reeces came out with special edition white and dark chocolate PB cups. I want to try them so bad. Curiosity gets me in trouble way more often then cravings :\

I had been down around 139.5, until my overendulgence last week. I went up to 143 again :P One day on induciton and I was back to 139.5, then today 138.5 Yeahhhhh
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Nov-09-03, 15:17

Stats: 320/220/195 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 80%

My Super Wal-Mart has done the same thing...I bought a box of Mini-Carb Biscuit Mix. Haven't tried it yet, though. I wonder if the Cake mix can be used to make Doughnuts...
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Nov-09-03, 16:11

Plan: adkins
Stats: 160/148.5/130 Female 5 4
BF:
Progress: 38%

Has anyone tried the mini carb carrot cake? I picked that up at WalMart and I think it has 4 grams per serving. I have been buying the Carb Countdown milk there also and its VERY GOOD in my opinion, as is the Chocolate flavor also. I didnt see the Granola. Which section did you find that in? The russel stover chocolates are delicious. I buy the box that has the individual small wrapped chocolates in it. I snack on them throughout the day. Today they had sampling going on with the Le Carb ice cream. That was ecspecially good also.
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Nov-09-03, 20:30
Resident Loud Mouth

BF:

I bought the carrot cake as well as the chocolate. Havn't tried either yet. So hard to behave. I picked up some of the minicarb rolls for thanksgiving dinner. I hope they taste good, not like soy chips :P

I didn't see the chocolate carb milk. Not sure if I will get some later or stick to soy slender.
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-03, 06:35

BF:

Im going to fix the carrot cake this week and Ill let you know how it is. The box has a recipe for the icing. Looks very simple. Hope it is as good as Publix carrot cake. They have the absolute best! If you get a chance buy the chocolate hood carb countdown milk. It really is great!
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 00:46

Stats: 229/205/170 Female 5'6"
BF:I have Body Fat!??
Progress: 41%

Quote:
but I'll be danged if I am gonna pay $3.00 a loaf for a one pound loaf!

Overall it's not a bad buy! I used to spend $20-$25 a month at the bread store. Now I buy 2-3 LC loaves a month ($6-$9), so in the long run it's a real bargain! LOL

I've been wanting to try the chocolate Carb Countdown but everytime I'm at WalMart it's gone! I buy the regular for the girls, though, and have a little occasionally. I just wish they had forgotten the sweetener in it!
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 07:37

BF:

I buy around 3 loaves a month for myself. I buy the dh and kids the regular bread. The chocolate low carb milk has only 3 carbs also. As much as I LOVE milk I can definitely deal with that.
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 08:44

Stats: 286/219/130 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 43%

I've been experimenting with the low carb bread recipes in the kitchen forum. Some of them are real good and They cost way less.
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 08:50

BF:

I tried making bread with the atkins bake mix. I dont think I did it correct because it was horrible. What recipes have you tried that are good, and are they lower in carbs per slice than the Atkins loaf bread?