Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Sep-03-01, 08:28

Plan: -
Stats: -/-/- Female -
BF:
Progress: 8%
Talking Square sausage links!!!

I am reading the forum, trying to evenly brown my sausage links, and this was my divine inspiration. If sausage links were square, you could flip them and brown all four sides, instead of having them slip-slide all over the place.

You can definitely tell I did NOT get enough sleep this weekend. And that I'm still trying to get the hang of this LC WOE. Hope everyone else had a great holiday!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Sep-03-01, 09:16

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/124/120 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Yes, but then we'd have to genetically modify them, and think of the uproar from the Sausage Growers Association (SGA) THAT would cause!

Rachel
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Sep-03-01, 09:35
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%

I know this sounds like a lot of work but .... I generally squeeze the fresh sausage meat out of the casings and fry them up as patties. I have also broiled 'em too ... I like to buy a whole bulk pack -- cook up a mess o' patties at once, then freeze in portions. Basically brown'n'serve, or they can be crumbled up and put in quiches or omelets ... or thawed and crumbled onto a salad.

I cook up a whole pkg of bacon at once too, and freeze in portions. Only have to clean up the greasy stove ONE time ...

Doreen
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Sep-03-01, 19:23
Pending Member

Plan: Anti-Candida
Stats: 152/150/130
BF:
Progress: 9%

I cook a package of bacon on a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil in the oven. 375 degrees for about 20-30 minutes.

When you are through lay newspaper down covered with papertowels to soak up grease.

Meanwhile, let the grease on the cookiesheet cool (congeal) and throw the foil away. Very little clean up - very little mess.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Sep-03-01, 20:36

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Nifty thingie

Quote:
Originally posted by doreen T
I cook up a whole pkg of bacon at once too, and freeze in portions. Only have to clean up the greasy stove ONE time ...

I don't know where I got it, but i *think* its tupperware. Its a bacon tray for the microwave. It has 1/4 " grooves and its the length of a bacon strip, you can lay about 6 strips next to one another... cover them with a piece of paper towel and in 6 - 8 minutes (depending on your microwave) you've got bacon w/o the grease. I just dump the grease into that mornings empty catfood tin and disgard. Clean up is pretty easy if you do it right away.

Nat
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Sep-03-01, 22:43

Plan: My own
Stats: 265/265/200 Female 5 foot 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Smile Square Sausage??

Would you believe there is actually something called square sausage???? It is a Scottish dish, and you can probably buy it at a Scottish butchershop. It is a mix of beef and sausage with lots of spice, and it is made in a square shape, and you cut it off in slabs and fry it. We did it on the BBQ once.
Just for your information!!!!!

Glenda