Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Nov-07-03, 07:45
I'm gonna make it!

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 265/265/160 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Wink Stay away from evil sweets!

Big mistake, this time of year, it's an excuse to load up on sugar. I have been doing the induction phase of the atkins diet for alittle over 2 months now, and those little snickers bars ruined it for me. After a day of cheating I can't seem to get back in the swing of things. I went back to listing my whole menu in fitday. But I'm trying to keep my mind off the sweets or the availability of sweets (mommy of 3.) The last two days haven't been bad and I have been able to maintain my weight. I just want everyone to know, sometimes when you fall off the wagon you need more to get you back up on it (like a crane?).
I am glad to have the support forum and fitday.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Nov-07-03, 07:55
& Dillion Doggie Do!

Plan: Atkins, Maintenance
Stats: 221/172/147 Female 5'6"
BF:Sizes over scale!
Progress: 66%

This should be a warning to all those who think taking a "refeed" day will help kick start them into gear when stalling. The main reason I have never attempted it.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Nov-07-03, 08:35

Plan: Generic LC with tweaks
Stats: 204/178/165 Female 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default Wash it out

For me, it's lots of water, high fat, more exercise than normal. High fiber will help to get rid of the combustion by-products.

Maybe a little more vitamin E, too? Try 800 mg if you normally take 400. For a day or two. That's an old hangover cure. But mostly, water.

Remember the clear feeling you had / have on LC.

Depending on how you run your household, you may think about tossing the candy. Your kids need a clear-minded mom more than they need the candy, and if you're not safe around it, you're not safe. Better luck for them next year, maybe.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Nov-07-03, 10:18

Plan: my own way...
Stats: 300/292/169 Female 72
BF:
Progress: 6%

I find my refeed days gross me out. I cant stand eating non Atkins now. I think I just stopped eating for enjoyment and started eating to live.

Hang in there..It gets so much easier with time.