Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Nov-04-03, 06:46

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 185.5/162/154 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%
Wink At Goal and afraid to eat (sort of)!

Made it to goal weight last Friday but wanted to make sure the scale wasn't teasing me. I am 1/2 pound under goal as of this morning.

I've been upping carbs for some time and losing slowly so I don't have many modifications to make to my diet. My head is another story. I actually had a hard time eating Friday and Saturday because I was so afraid the number on my scale would go away. I often go up half a pound or even a pound before my body "holds" a particular weight. But I sure didn't want that to happen. Well, I was up a pound yesterday, but today I'm down a pound and a half. That means my goal weight is here to stay.

I still have a bit of a belly but it's really small, just a small baby pouch from when I had the last baby 18 years ago. I don't even know if toning will get rid of it but it isn't visable unless I'm naked so it's not really an issue.

My face was very round to start. Big belly, round face. I never had wrinkles before, now I look like a sharpei when I smile. or , not sure which to do. DH and I are 48 and nature is good to us. His eyes are starting to go just as my wrinkles are appearing! Fortunately his hands and other body parts are working just fine.

Just wanted to share,
Barb
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Nov-04-03, 06:56

Plan: My own lactovegetarian
Stats: 130/110/112 Female 63 inches
BF:24.5%
Progress: 111%

Congratulations on reaching your goal!!!! Wow, 40 pounds off. I'm proud of you.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Nov-04-03, 07:34
& Dillion Doggie Do!

Plan: Atkins, Maintenance
Stats: 221/172/147 Female 5'6"
BF:Sizes over scale!
Progress: 66%

Quote:
His eyes are starting to go just as my wrinkles are appearing!

I like that one! I understand being afarid to eat now that you reached goal. I am still to afraid to even up my carbs. I figure I will slowly start doing that once I reach goal. (maybe). I guess the best thing you can do is step on the scale week or day, that way when some pounds try to sneak back on you can catch the before the let there friends in the door.

Even now I am developing a fear of the scale, where I use to weigh everyday, now I make myself once aweek. Always afraid to see me push out of there place I finally got in.

We bought one of those doctors scales, and I told my husband once I get to push the big bar on the 100 range to weight in, I am avoiding the scale for 3 weeks!! The last thing I want to do is watch myself bounce back and forth between the 100 and 150 notches~
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Nov-04-03, 07:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/151/145 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 85%

I know what you mean, I've been at OWL for a few months. When I got to my previous lowest size, I figured that was it, but it wasn't. Then I find out I am small boned (who'd of thunk it? I always thought I was a "big girl".) So now I'm staying on the same level until I get down a little further ...but I really am afraid to change the way I'm eating now.
However, I would like to add that this is the kind of problem I always dreamed of having!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Nov-04-03, 08:24

Stats: 193/173/140 Female 5ft3in
BF:
Progress: 38%

MaryToU:
You and I seem to have very similar start and goal weights. Congratulations! Wow, 50lbs in 8 months. I was wondering if you could give me any tips tricks and advice on how you did it.

I have been LCing (Atkins) since 10/14/03. Three weeks and 10lbs gone. DH and I are doing this together. We also walk about 2 miles at least 3 times a week. We are still in induction. How long did you stay in Phase 1?
Sandy
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Nov-04-03, 08:27

Stats: 264/246/175 Female 65"
BF:??/47%/35%
Progress: 20%

Congratulations! Be proud of your achievement. You've made it this far; don't be afraid to live.......you know you have the control; you've proven it!
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Nov-04-03, 08:45
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Barb! Congratulations on getting to goal!

I think what you're experiencing is normal. Almost seems too good to be true, right? There have been several discussions here about how our brains seem to take months to catch up to "bodily reality." Take it one day at a time, and eat what you can handle.

Hope to see you over in the Maintenance Club.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Nov-04-03, 09:09

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 185.5/162/154 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. I love this forum and have gotten support and inspiration for this woe from it daily.

You are the best!
Barb