Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Oct-25-03, 20:15

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 333/199.8/172 Female 5'8"
BF:??/39.0/25
Progress: 83%
Default How will you celebrate?

Nibby's post of hitting the 100 lbs. lost has got me thinking about celebrating. How will you celebrate when you've lost the first 100 lbs? And are you visualizing it now?

I haven't completely decided, but am thinking I'll either treat myself to a great new outfit in a smaller size, or maybe a day at spa getting the works done. Or maybe both. How about you?

For those that have already hit the mark, how did you celebrate?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Oct-25-03, 20:42
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 308/293.5/145 Female 5'6"
BF:probably 100%
Progress: 9%

I'm going horseback riding!! tina
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Oct-25-03, 21:09
Registered Member

Plan: modified Atkins/South Beach
Stats: 235/135/130 Female 63 inches
BF:27
Progress: 95%

I am oh, so close and dreaming of a shopping spree. Got on the scales this morning and am down to 148 from 235. Only 18 more til I hit my final goal. Can't wait to go shopping! Barb 235/148/130

Last edited by just4fun : Sat, Oct-25-03 at 21:11.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Oct-25-03, 21:14
Contributing Member

Stats: 345/304/240 Male 5'9
BF:20.72 %
Progress: 39%

I think I'll buy some nice dress shirts and pants. Maybe a tie also.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Oct-25-03, 21:43

Plan: Atkins cheat free
Stats: 313/167/164 Female 69 inches
BF:who knows
Progress: 98%

I combined my rewards to make the 100 pound mark a great reward. I paid myself $5 a pound lost each week in a bank account and told myself when I hit the 100 pounds lost mark I could go on a shopping spree. That way I had mini rewards along the way to keep me going and had a big one for the 100 pound mark. I didn't spend it all cause I'm a real tight wad and it has been growing now as my shopping spree for when i reach my goal weight.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Oct-25-03, 22:40
I'll get there yet!

Plan: Atkins/nutritionist blend
Stats: 319/284.4/150 Female 66.5 inches
BF:way/too/much
Progress: 20%

Spa sounds good. Really, really good. A massage--deep tissue or Shiatshu (sp?) with LOTS of water before and after. Then a facial. Maybe even a pedicure and/or a manicure. Where I'm thinking of going, that would probably cost a LOT more than a new wardrobe!

Jude
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Oct-26-03, 04:53
Lowcarb since 7/2002

Stats: 360/232/180 Female 5'9"
BF:BMI 53.2/34.3/?
Progress: 71%

I've been trying to be nice to myself the whole way down, so I'm not sure I'll do anything different when I hit 100 pounds. I bought a lot of new clothes this fall because I had too -- I didn't have anything I could wear to work. I also have been taking time to do things I enjoy -- walks in the woods, movies, etc. However, stay tuned, I may change my mind in another five pounds when I hit 100 pounds off and decide that there really is something special I want to do to celebrate that milestone. I'll keep reading this thread for suggestions.
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Oct-26-03, 11:00
Registered Member

Stats: 380/326/223 Male 6' 1"
BF:
Progress: 34%

I'm going to Disneyland with my family! I figure by that weight I'll be able fit in all the rides and handle the endless days of walking. I've got my goals set at 2 pounds a week (I'm ahead of goal so far...), so hopefully we can go by Spring.

Last edited by Tekcor1 : Sun, Oct-26-03 at 11:08.
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Oct-26-03, 12:25

Stats: 425/322/240 Female 68 inches
BF:Lots
Progress: 56%

I reward myself for every 10# with another charm for my necklace. Did the same thing at the 100# mark but, didn't do anything special b/c it was 100. I have over 200 to lose, so even though 100# is a very significant amount of weight to lose, it's not like I'm near goal or anything.

Like someone else mentioned, I've been getting clothes as I need them and doing other nice things for myself. My reward for weight loss is better health and ease of movement so living my life is easier. I don't think any reward I could give myself would be better than that.
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Oct-26-03, 14:54
90 Days at a Time

Plan: Glycemic Load
Stats: 426/405.2/326 Male 74 in.
BF:
Progress: 21%

Mine will be something simple...like taking up golf again after a 20 year absence. (Last played 11/8/83!)
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Oct-27-03, 07:02

Plan: Keto
Stats: 410/319/260 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 61%

When I lose 100 lbs., my SO is going to buy me a tri-colored chain bracelet I want. I am almost halfway there.
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Oct-28-03, 09:09

Stats: 343/295/160 Female 5'11
BF:
Progress: 26%

Ok, this may sound childish, but I'm off to an amusement park at my "100 lbs. off" mark! I love roller coasters and thrill rides but haven't fit on them in a while. I can't wait to not have to worry about being embarrassed cause I can't fit! yay!
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-03, 17:08

Plan: my own
Stats: 297/159/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 94%

I sure don't want to be a wet blanket, but I'm a little leery of celebrating when I hit minus 100. The last time I lost a lot of weight I gained it all back. I am determined that this time will be different, and the difference can only be in my attitude - I want to look at what I am doing now as a permanent change in my life, not as a goal to be reached. This may seem like a fine distinction, but for me it's important. I've been celebrating all along, though! Not a day goes by that I don't feel happy, even joyful, about my improved health and smaller self I want to KEEP that feeling (which may be hard to do) after I've lost about all the weight I need to. But that's a topic for another time.
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Oct-30-03, 05:31

Stats: 305/260/180 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 36%

I had to think about this one.....at first I would have thought a professional massage, but after having a day at the spa a few weeks ago - I was more sore after the massage then I was before! I have a reward in mind for when I get to goal - but I didn't think of anything for when I lose 100 pounds. Since we will probably (hopefully) be living in Florida by the time I see that milestone - I think I will celebrate by just DH and I going to Disney for a day, so I can ride all the rides!!!! I would love to ride the Rock-N-Roll rollercoaster, Space Mountain, and a few others that we couldn't try because we had the kids with us last time. I don't know - I guess I just want to ride those rides because I know I'll fit when I lose 100 pounds!

~Jaya

Last edited by Plagiomom : Thu, Oct-30-03 at 05:32.
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Oct-30-03, 06:25

Stats: 291/283.0/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 6%

I think I'll go to Glamour Shots and have a really good picture taken for the first time in my adult life. Would be a good way to document the change in weight, and hopefully I'd see a more glamorous me!

Onward....