Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-03, 20:12
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Don't go calorie deficit at all. Doing BFL you want enough calories and protien to build lean mass. That would increase your metabolism and make the fat go away You may even gain weight a you build muscle, that isn't as important as the body fat.

I have one of those body fat scales that uses electronic impedence. It can vary as much as 8% body fat from one night to another, or 2% in just a few hours. I seriously doubt I gain and lose that much :P What effects it is how hydrated you are, how full you digestive system is, and other factors.

I like using the online calculator at www.zoneperfect.com not everyone likes that one, which is fine. The important thing is to find one method and basicaly stick to it.

If that sounds like alot of trouble, then just shoot for a good number you think is about correct. You don't have your weight posted (I seem to remember it was low, only around 110, right?) so as long as you keep protien around 80-100 you should be fine. Make sure to to eat enough calories to balance all the hard work your doing now. Don't even bother counting them is my vote, just eat when hungry and make sure to get protien in.

What really helped me when I had days where I was just starving, was a good dose of veggies. You did good with the salad (that's what I did today when I couldn't fill up). I had a salad with apple, blueberries, and teyrioki (sp) chicken. Back in induciton days I would have a huge bowel of broccoli cauliflower mix with cheese on top. Only thing that would satisfy me