Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-03, 07:41
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

You said this was the third time you've tried Atkins. Instead of the fat fast, why not just stick to the plan. Every time you quit and restart, the weight loss is slower. Also if you have a problem sticking to Atkins, why would you stick to a plan that is far more restrictive and leaves you hungry?

I tried the fat fast once. I only made it 4 days before I was to sick to take even another day. I lost like 5 pounds, but as soon as i resumed normal induction eating, it all came back. Through normal induction eating I lost that 5 pounds again though in the next week.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-03, 09:29

Plan: General Low-Carb
Stats: 224/210/180 Female 5'6" (67.2")
BF:36.2%/33.9%/29.0%
Progress: 32%

LadyBelle, If the problem was sticking with the plan then i think that's an easy problem to tackle......find another plan. The problem is with not losing. The 1st time around, i stuck with it for 6 months......lost 10lbs in 2 weeks (induction) and nothing else after. I stayed with it bcos i felt healthy and i didn't feel hungry. I decided to try something else........Calorie Counting. That was DIFFICULT bcos i then had cravings, so i went back to Atkins but after moving i lost my momentum. Then i went back to calorie counting to maintain. Now that i'm settled, i'm now trying to do things differently and see what would get the weight shifting. Why did you try the Fat Fast?

Thanks Beachjen. Little words of encouragement make the greatest difference. I do have to get back to taking my supplements. I haven't since i restarted.

Last edited by ageekott : Wed, Oct-29-03 at 09:31.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-03, 12:04
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 156/140/110 Female 5.6 inches
BF:
Progress:

HI!

I think you could go to your ob-gyn and get an ovaries ultrasound. I was diagnosed of Polycystic Ovarie Syndrome. I gained weight (from 110 to 140 pounds (i am 5'6) in 4 months without overeating and following the Atkins Diet, thanks God and Dr Atkins, otherwise it would have been many more pounds.

Actually, PCOs pacients are adviced to follow a low carb diet.

I am on medication, Metformin and Synthetic Thyroid Hormone.

The weight doesn t come off but at least I have my insulin under control which in the end helps me avoid diabetes and other health complications.

Don't give up. Everytime you leave the diet (not just Atkins) and come back, it gets harder to loose what you gained.

If you don't loose on Atkins Diet, (and you are not cheating) chances are you have a huge hormonal problem. I would get the ultrasound first, this way you will avoid jumping from doctor to doctor.

As for the Fat Fast, my doctor told me it was safe to follow if I took my vitamins and only for a week. I didn't feel deprived because I was not
hungry at all and I lost 4 pounds ( a lot) but I exercised a lot too.

Please get the ultrasound or get some info on the web on PCOs (alopecia is a characteristic as well.

Good Luck and let me know if you need more info or help.

Eve