Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Oct-23-03, 08:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/151/145 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 85%
Default Results not typical...

I was watching an LA diet commercial last night, and since I always read the fine print, I noticed the newly slim lady in the commercial was always accompanied by the words:

RESULTS NOT TYPICAL

!!

That means most of their patrons DO NOT lose that much weight, and they come right out and admit it (because they have to) just like Slimfast when they use examples. Notice WW doesn't do that? Because it would hurt so much to say:

RESULTS NOT TYPICAL

I think we would all go around saying:

My results ARE typical!

if we were on the commercial. What a change that would be.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Oct-28-03, 11:48
There and Back Again

Stats: 200/194.4/140 Female 5'3"
BF:42%/42%/20%
Progress: 9%
Default I love this post....

This post has stayed in my mind and I have found myself quoting it.

It really is remarkable how closely the Atkins plan follows my own experience and that of my family members who are on it. I have joked that it is a lot like the bible of pregnancy, "What to Expect When You're Expecting," as it tells you step by step what sorts of things you will go through and what sorts of results to expect. It's hardly a mystery--moreover when friends and family members give it a try, it is pretty easy to field most questions.

You're a Renaissance woman, I take it? My husband and I love to visit our local Renaissance festival (out in Denver, CO) at least a couple of times each year.

I very much enjoy your thoughtful commentaries.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Oct-28-03, 12:39

Stats: 185/151/145 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 85%

Thank you, bvtaylor. My husband and I have a great interest in history, and wanted to do something a little different for our wedding. My most local Renaissance festival is still several hours away, so I don't get to go lately.
The cool part is that my wedding dress still fits...it just looks much better. And this way, I CAN wear the dress again...it's too lovely to just be stored away somewhere.
I will take a picture of me in it sometime soon...I think that would be a great before/after pic!