Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Sep-25-03, 17:09

Plan: Atkins Wannabe
Stats: 260 ?/234/140 Female 63 Inches
BF:
Progress: 12%
Default Looking for a buddy who..

Is in a fairly similar situation as myself... *g*

Im 24 years old, and have been "interested" in Atkins and low carb eating for alittle over a year now.. When I say interested, I mean Ive been on it here and there but have usually fallen off at some point, but I havent lost faith in this-I know this is the answer.

Basically Im just looking for a buddy who wants and needs support as I do, perhaps either chatting through ICQ or AIM.. My mother just came into town for her yearly visit, and it was so demeaning.. lol.. When I go back home for christmas, I want a noticeable difference! Hehehehe

So-- Im looking for someone who is also new to this, or getting back into this. Share recipies, stories, super food finds ect...

Please contact me through PM... Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Sep-25-03, 17:52
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Please contact me through PM

Actually our PM function isn't activated until the day after you have made 25 posts.

The best way for contact and support is for people to post right here.

Cheers.

Rosebud
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Sep-25-03, 18:13

BF:

Thank you! hehe I wasnt aware! Well, I ammend my first post-- Please contact me on here! Hehehe
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Sep-26-03, 08:52
Brown-Eyed Girl

Stats: 260/153/155 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Hi Alhana. I'm 27 and have also be "interested" in Atkins for a while. Although this is actually my first attempt at it, I worked with a man who did it a few years ago and watched him work his way down about 100 lbs., which he has managed to keep off. I started this program September 22, and am so anxious to start seeing some improvement in myself. Unlike other plans I have tried, I am really determined to stick with this one. (Today, office staff brought in doughnuts, "Oh the torture!") I would really like to find a buddy. I'm in the Northwest part of Ohio.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Sep-26-03, 11:00

BF:

Cool Kim Im from South West Ohio myself..

Ive done it a few times before, and its worked wonderfully every time.. Not just in the weight loss, but feeling super good on top of it.. Sadly the longest Ive ever gone is about 3 weeks, but thats a long time for someone who never sticks with a diet! My worst problem I think is not drinking enough water lol..

It would be nice to have someone to encourage and be encouraged from every day.. hehe Its hard to truly adopt new habits, I figure I cant be the only one who has a hard time with it lol..

I plan on starting this weekend (since we grocery shop on the weekends lol), and I think Im definally going out and buying a rotisserie (sp?) lol..

It would be great to have someone who would be like, "hey-- did you drink enough water today? Go drink some!!" lol or "hey, lets drink 8oz right now together online" lol.. Maybe asking for alot, but for me personally, it takes alot! lol.. My DH refuses to go back on atkins, heheh I guess you cant force someone to do this, and this isnt always the answer for everyone..

Anyhow, if youd like to chat or something, on AIM my SN is FaithInLove01, and on ICQ, my ICQ is 161980738

#6   ^
Old Sat, Sep-27-03, 07:48

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 180/174/142 Female 65.5 inches
BF:32.5%/30.2%/20%
Progress: 16%

Hey! I'm 17. I know it's a little younger then the both of you, but I know what you mean about being unable to stick with it. I've been on and momentarily off Atkins since the middle of June. Everytime I get going and actually start loosing and feeling great I go someplace or am around other people that don't know I'm on Atkins and I end up cheating or just going off for an entire weekend. But I'm dicovering that this WOE is what is best for my body. I've also found L-Glutimane which is finnally helping with my cravings. It would be great to have a buddy to check-up on and to check-up on me. Also, I find this kinda neat, I'm from Northwest Ohio too!

My AIM screen name is homeschoolgirl10.
~CindyLynn~
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Sep-27-03, 08:33

BF:

Hi Cindy! Whats odd, maybe its because I live in Ohio now, but I tend to notice alot of Ohio residents are on Atkins! It is hard to stick with, due to alot of diff reasons I think- having die hard habits, not feeling like explaining yourself to new people, or just being plain fustrated.. Its easy to get angry sometimes about it lol.. I can remember being in the grocery store on my thrid week of my first try and I was hungry, and for the life of me walking up and down the isles not seeing ANYTHING fast that I could eat, made me have a total melt down, and I just said "Forget it!" and I ended up just buying normal food LOL.. Im the kinda girl who likes the crust on pizza better than the pizza itself (*as my DH waves his crust in my face atm LOL*)

But I feel it is healthy to eat this way- natural foods are the way to go.. I would assume that would be obvious to everyone, doctors ect... Sometimes I worry about how things will affect us in the long run, all the proccessed food, and chemicals.. I mean honestly they dont know, certain chemicals could cause a form of cancer 60 years down the road, after an entire generation has grown up eating thoes chemicals in thier food! Its always found out after its too late.. It's always better to eat as natural as possible..

My bread craving is the worst, but sweets I knocked out really simply, and actually my stomach still turns a bit when I think of it, lol.. But I made this sugar free choc. candy balls type thing with nuts and stuff, and it was so rich, it made me sick.. After a few days, all I would have to think about is the taste of them and it turns off the sweet craving, and well honestly every other craving as well LOL

Anyhow, nice to have another Ohioian around!!
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Sep-27-03, 19:45
Brown-Eyed Girl

BF:

Alhana & Cindy, it was very nice to meet both of you. I would love to chat, although I have it stored on a different computer and for the life of me can't remember my AIM name right now. As soon as I get back there, I will get it to you. So how is Induction going? I'm ending my first week and have lost about 5 pounds. I've been doing pretty good, and although I haven't cheated, this weekend is rough. I am home with the kids who are currently muching on popcorn and the smell itself is killing me. (I say as I gulp down a drink of water.) Nice to meet both of you. Stay in touch.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Oct-28-03, 09:49
Brown-Eyed Girl

BF:

Hello ????!!!!???
Anybody stop by here anymore?
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-03, 08:39
funnyface

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Alhana,

I totally understand about the mom being demeaning thing. Just remember that you are losing weight for YOU. If your mother is like mine, she won't be happy no matter how much weight you lose. Your goal is to find a place where you can be happy with yourself and accept yourself. Good luck!
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote