Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Oct-23-03, 20:25

Plan: aktins
Stats: 340.5/317/135 Female 5'7
BF:alot
Progress: 11%
Unhappy induction blues with 4 small kids

i know that mood swings headaches cramps sleepyness is normal but how do you make it when the kids are around scream running not minding they know your down and they are going to do all they can do while they can. will this end? i was a drug addict in my teens this is as bad as when i clean my self off speed.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Oct-24-03, 05:15

Plan: Protein Power/Paleo
Stats: 188.5/169.5/145 Female 5 ft. 9 in.
BF:way/too/much!
Progress: 44%

Make the house as safe as you can and block off as much as possible, and let them play or watch a movie. I homeschool, and sometimes I just have to crash on the sofa because I can't keep my eyes open! LOL! I get a 10-20 min. nap and then we get back to it. Try to take a power nap, it's better than dragging for hours!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Oct-24-03, 06:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 218/209/185 Male 6 feet 0 inches
BF:
Progress: 27%
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by changing79
i know that mood swings headaches cramps sleepyness is normal but how do you make it when the kids are around scream running not minding they know your down and they are going to do all they can do while they can. will this end? i was a drug addict in my teens this is as bad as when i clean my self off speed.

Two words....Playstation Two!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Oct-24-03, 09:02

Stats: 146/121.5/120 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 94%

Get out! Put them on bikes, trikes, strollers--whatever they can do--and go for an adventure walk. The change of scenery does them good, and you are getting some great Atkins exercise in. Really, it's better than tearing your hair out. We have 3 kids and also homeschool, so I know how it can get. Good luck.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Oct-26-03, 15:51

mamasara6 it sounds like you truely understand me. its nice to find fellow hoomschoolers out there. we can use all the support we can get. what method of shooling do you use and what are the ages of your kids
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Oct-26-03, 15:57

beachmum
it seems we need to start a forum for homeschooling parents low carbing i know how nice it is to have friends who understand the sacrafice and rewards of homeschooling and how hard it is to stay on our weight loss when we are home all day and night.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Oct-26-03, 16:28

Stats: 229/205/170 Female 5'6"
BF:I have Body Fat!??
Progress: 41%

I home school, too, and once I got over the initial 'Oh, I feel like crap!' session, I think it's actually a lot easier than if they were going to school. For example, I don't EVER have to bake cookies or cupcakes for something at school! And I don't have to listen to them saying, "Hey, so-and-so gets to have all that stuff for their lunch, why don't I?"

Not only do I have the kids home for 3 meals a day, but DH, too. He works close to home, so outside of breakfast where everyone pretty much fends for themselves, we pretty much have cooked meals every day. It takes a lot of time, but so far the pay-off has been well worth it.

So yeah, it is kind of hectic, but it does get better as you go along.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Oct-27-03, 13:28

Stats: 196/178/138 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 31%

Well I don't homeschool, but I do have 4 kids and I feel your pain. I know the amount they drive me crazy is proportional to my energy level. It will slowly get better after you are out of induction. Hang in there!
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Oct-27-03, 14:09

Plan: Protein Power/Paleo
Stats: 188.5/169.5/145 Female 5 ft. 9 in.
BF:way/too/much!
Progress: 44%

I have 6 kids. The old dd is 14 and going to high school, then 4 boys: 12, 10, 7, 4, and baby dd 21 mos. We use a classical curriculum and I love it.

The other advice of going out for a walk with the kids is a good one--that usually wakes me up and they need the break too. I should try it sometime! ;-)
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Oct-27-03, 14:13

Plan: atkins
Stats: 400/333/250 Male 5'9
BF:49.5
Progress: 45%

beat them.... Tie them to thier beds with ducktape....
LOL!!!!!!! Just kidding. I had the same thing with my kids. It rained almost everyday of my induction. Bounceing children off the walls. Man it was rough I feel for you.