Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Oct-26-03, 11:45
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 380/326/223 Male 6' 1"
BF:
Progress: 34%
Default Lose your weight, win my $$$

Here's a challenge to help keep you (and me) on track through the Holidays:

My challenge will start on November 1, 2003 and will end on January 1, 2004. Entries after November 5 will not be elligible for the prize. You must post a reply in this thread stating you would like to participate, as well as post a before picture. Starting weights and before pictures should be posted between 11/01/03 and 11/05/03. The winner must post an after picture at the conclusion of the contest so we can see your spectacular results. I will mail $20 to the one who loses the most weight between November 1 and January 1. End results must be posted by January 3, 2004.

Of course this will be on the honor system, but I'm hoping for a measly 20 bucks no one is going to cheat. However, since this is my contest, if I think you cheated (i.e. your pictures don't reflect the 84 lbs. you supposedly lost), I will award the prize to the second place finisher. Personally I would not like to lose my money so of course I will be participating as well. If I win, I will go buy something for myself with the $$$.

Who's in?

Last edited by Tekcor1 : Sun, Oct-26-03 at 13:04.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Oct-26-03, 14:31

Plan: Atkins cheat free
Stats: 313/167/164 Female 69 inches
BF:who knows
Progress: 98%

I'd love to join this challenge. I want to make sure I understand the rules. We take a picture 11/1/03 and post it with our weight that day. Then after Jan 1 2004 we post another pic with our weight that day and that is it? We can use any plan any exercise we want to get the pounds off? Seems like those with more pounds to lose will have a big advantage over the lighter weights. maybe it would be fairer if it was the largest percentage of weight lost. 300 pounder losing 30 pounds would have lost 10% of their weight while a 150 pounder losing only 26 pounds would lose a larger percent of their weight 17.3%. just a thought. I was going to PM you this but I can't make the PM system work for some reason.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Oct-26-03, 17:25
ArtificiallyFlavored

Stats: 260/252/200 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 13%

as slow as my loss has been lately, I wouldn't have a prayer... LOL....
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Oct-26-03, 19:48

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 316/228/150.0 Female 5'3
BF:54
Progress: 53%

You can count me in! I've always wanted a challenge like this. Might be just the encouragement I need. I'll see if I can get a pic scanned by Nov. 1. Thanks & good luck!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Oct-26-03, 21:17

Stats: 184.8/152/128 Female 169cm
BF:
Progress: 58%

hey tekcor,

this is a great idea. although i'm not going to enter (can't bring myself to post a before pic!) just thought i'd give you an idea you might want to implement to keep things fair with the before and after pics.

in australia when various weight loss supplements run similar competitions they require all participants to submit before and after photographs holding up a newspaper from the day they started and finished just to make sure they meet all requirements, and aren't using a before photo from years ago when they were overweight and suggesting that their weight loss which was achieved over a long period of time occurred in a matter or months.

maybe if you made this a requirement you could avoid any possible discrepancies (not that people on this board are like that) but just to be safe, after all, like you said, you could buy yourself something nice with the $$$.

good luck with it all

susie
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Oct-27-03, 11:46
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks for the suggestions. I would like to keep it simple and leave it as "Most pounds lost wins the money." Also, in this day with all the digital editing software out there it would be easy enough to change the date on the newspaper, so I'll just leave it to the conscience of the individual to be honest and fair and use a current picture. The plus side is most people on this site already have their weights posted so it won't be as easy to lie about the starting weight as it would about the finishing weight.

So far we only have one taker. No one else wants my money?!?
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Oct-27-03, 13:58

Plan: Atkins cheat free
Stats: 313/167/164 Female 69 inches
BF:who knows
Progress: 98%

I would love your money but as a former 300+ pounder I know how fast it comes off when you are that big and really apply yourself so I'm passing. it was already going to be tough giving you the male weightloss advantage. if I was just starting out I'd race you but with only 21 pounds to go. I think your atvantage is too great to cost me having to post a pic before my goal weight is reached.
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Nov-02-03, 00:31
Registered Member

BF:

Now's the time. This morning I was 332. Picture will follow (hopefully) tomorrow. Anyone else in?
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Nov-03-03, 10:30

Stats: 213/177/140 Female 54
BF:30
Progress: 49%

Hi Tekcor

I think your challenge is great I will love to start your challenge, but I won't be in it for the money, I don't have any before pictures of myself since I hate taken them, also I don't know how to post them. But I would love the challenge, for the motivational purpose. My start weight is 186 so we'll see what the end results will be like good luck to as well
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Nov-03-03, 20:14

Plan: atkins
Stats: 230/230/140 Female 5'6
BF:36 or 39%
Progress: 0%

Okay i'm in. I never uploaded a picture before but I will try to find a way. If not I'm still in and i'll post when I find out how. I'm just glad to be here and got in if i am in just under the time line