Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Oct-22-03, 10:36

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 198/198/145 Female 5
BF:
Progress: 0%
Unhappy Over my limit

O.K. I had a horrible break down this morning. I had a large sugar cookie and I am feeling just as guilty as I can be. I want to take it back.

My only hope is can I burn the extra carbs off my exercising? and does it have to be immedietly? I am really dissappointed in myself right now I was doing so good.

Please help!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Oct-22-03, 10:40

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 168/168/155 Female 68"
BF:

Good Morning,
Hey, the great thing is that you are aware that you made a mistake and you are willing to change your behavior! I'm sending you a big hug and credit for being so honest.
Maybe you could go for a thirty minute walk, drink extra water and learn from your experience. I sure as heck have not achieved low carb perfection yet! It's progress, not perfection!
Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maureen
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Oct-22-03, 10:45

BF:

Thank you for the support. I have never felt so guilty in my life as I do right now. I have dodged several temptations since I started Adkins I don't know why this one got me. Yeah, I do these are my favorite cookies. It's not like I bought them someone brought them to my work this morning.

Do you think this is going to throw me back to the beginning again? I am going to down tons of water today and I am going to the gym and working out for 40 mins.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Oct-22-03, 10:45
Brown-Eyed Girl

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/153/155 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 102%

lspwn;
Cheer up. A few mistakes make our spirits grow stronger. Now, you've had the cookie and next time you are tempted maybe you will remember how you felt this time. Drink the water and you'll be a-ok. (Smile)
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Oct-22-03, 10:52
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi lspwn:

In my experience, it's not the single cookie that sets me back, it's my attitute. Oh well, since I ate the one cookie, I may as well just eat the entire BOX of cookies, then the carton of Hagen Daas ice cream.

The one cookie ain't gonna harm you. Don't focus on the negative, but the positive (you ONLY ate one ). Follow everyone else's advice above and you'll feel fine before you know it.

Wanda
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Oct-22-03, 11:11

BF:

I will use this experience to be stronger next time.

THANK YOU EVERYONE...I actually feel much better after I expressed my feelings.