Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#736   ^
Old Wed, Oct-22-03, 05:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 261/248.5/160 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 12%
Smile Good morning!

Hi girls. Sorry no note for a couple days. I was having computer problems and then our lives have just been extremely busy. I think things are getting ready to calm down a little though. Between tutoring on the side after school for 2 hours, taking 2 graduate level classes, and assisting with my family members that rcently moved here, its been completely crazy! I haven't been good about fitting my exercise in. Im pretty much exaughsted all the time.I actually forgot about it most nights. THe water part is the easiest for me. I can drink a lot of it and usually do. Im drinking 2 cups of half decaf folgers in the morning and 1 diet soda throughout the day, occasionally 2. We have been doing grea tutoring the week. We have been eating below 20-25 carbs. (Me and hubby). Weekends, not so great. Not purging, but not trying as much. We are trying to change our overall way of eating rather than just crash dieting so we allow some food like if we go out for dinner on weekends. WE may decide to hit it hard for awhile here pretty quick though. We have all winter to work on it. We are just trying to be "healthy" more than even the weight issue, BUT that of course is very important too in respect to being healthy. Im not changing weight until later because this week Im retaining a lot of water if you catch my drift.
Your pumpkin pie recipe sounds great. Im going to try it here pretty soon!
I was going to to tell you bubu, we are the Warriors here too. OUr colors are blue and gold what are yours?
Well, i have a list a mile long of things to get done so I should go for now.

My goals need to continue since I haven't met them yet:
fit in exercise at night or in the morning. make time! curnches, leglifts, arm circles, possibly tred mill next week. get myslef psyched up for wanting to make this happen
stay under 20 carbs
keep drinking water over everything else, especially before meals
make more green veges for health reasons
Sponsored Links
  #737   ^
Old Wed, Oct-22-03, 07:11

Plan: NK-LCHF
Stats: 158.2/155.2/135 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 13%

Hi Jess,

Great to hear from you and even greater that you are on your way with hubby. I think its wonderful u both have that goal of getting healthier, and eventually it will all fall into place and become part of life.

You have one up on me as far as water....that is one of my biggest pet peeves.
I can drink coffee all day long....but water only with workouts. So I think I need to stay in the gym all day.....god wouldn't that be nice.

I find that the morning excercises are by far the best...not only are they supposed to burn the fat (since no food has been ingested and there is no other fuel around to use), but they also take away the possible interruptions of life that come as the day goes on. If I didn't make them part of my life early on I would never get them in.
I can see very much to where that is the case with you. I strongly suggest setting that alarm an hr to 1.5 hr earlier and getting the excercise in.
I don't have a schedule as busy as yours as far as appointments, but I do have all these sports events, and of course household with kids period. Things change daily and there just isn't enough time.
I have even started cooking things ahead....for instance I have purchased 30 pds of beef and made them into patties and tacco meant to freeze...what a time safer that has been. And when there is nothing in the store to buy we rely on that. Actually Sammy and I have gotte so used to eating tacco salads...that we just about can't go without. Only thing is ....the same foods tend to make u stall too.

I think I will try that pumpkin cake this weekend..I have son #2 turning 21....IF he even comes home....have a feeling the college boys will drag him out at midnight Thursday.

For me seems like I have been hitting the weights heavier and seem to be retaining some water as well.......which is normal....the water will funnel to the muscles to repair and build up. So right now I a showing 172....but thats ok. I can feel the muscles...and my bis are coming back

I have tried to get the BFL schedule all in the morning but can't seem to muster it....getting several interruptions from people talkin to me. I will have to split the routine up over the week, which is too bad as I like the full blast.

Gym
10 min warm up to 140

Cable Press....12/70, 10/80, 8/90, 6/110, 12/80/80
BB BP.................90......96....100 140 90 / X
DB fly.................30......35......40......50.....30/30

Latpull................20......30.......40.....50.....30/30
seated M-press....20.......20.......30.....20.....X/X

A-Curls...............30.......35.......40......50....30/30

Cable PD.............10.......20.......30......30.....30/20

45 min. window....2 eggs/coffee
  #738   ^
Old Wed, Oct-22-03, 09:06

Stats: 197/172/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 40%

Hi all,

Still chugging away here. I have been collecting recipes from my yahoo group and am about to enter them into my recipe program so that I can have a good copy ready at hand with all the carb counts. Some of the meals look fabulous.

Sounds like you are all doing really well. I had such good intentions about exercising too, but just find I have so much to do. Even at the end of the day I wonder where the time went and why I didn't get more done!

I got the bread mix when my daughter came on the weekend. I need to get new yeast though, mine has been sitting too long and it's past it's date. I want to try and make some hamburg buns before the weekend. We plan to go camping this weekend and we will do hamburgs for one meal. If I don't get them made, I'll just do bunless. It's no biggie.

Not much else to report. Going to get on with these recipes and if I find any that I really like, I'll pass them on.

Later girls,
  #739   ^
Old Wed, Oct-22-03, 10:22
Registered Member

Stats: 245/231/150 Female 5feet2inches
BF:
Progress: 15%

hey everyone! Happy Hump day!

well, been kind of half-arsing it lately on the lc....sticking to it mostly but not completely. No big weight jumps, just up then back down and such. Although, I rechecked my measurements from the beginning and liked what I saw

then now
hips 52" 48"
thighs 26" 25" (not big but still down)
arm 16" 14"
chest 50" 47"

and dum de de dum
waist 46" 40"!!!!!

still drinking lots of water, allowing myself 1 diet coke a day and maybe a tea or coffee.

Just got back from a 45min walk with the dog and baby. Trying to do it every morning, but sometimes it just doesn't happen. either the weather is icky, or the baby is fussy, or darn it, I'm pooped. (I work evenings until 11:30 or midnight, so after needing an hour or two to settle in when I get home, then getting up around 7:30 with the family, sometimes I'm just ready to go back to bed.) And usually, weather permitting, the dog and I are out for about 20-30mins when I get home at night. I've got a pilates dvd that I kind of play with, and I like to do abs, though I don't really see anything there. I need some other stuff to do at home, work on the arms and whatnot, but not able to go out and buy gym equiptment. Any suggestions Bubu, our excercise guru?

well, time for lunch. Talk to y'all later!!

Charlie
  #740   ^
Old Wed, Oct-22-03, 14:26

BF:

Hiiii Cly, Hi Charlie

Nice to see you busy....
Am having the day off today and find my Friday is already ruined....was planning on getting done with work early as usual and go home and bake a birthday cake for son #2 (21st)...now I have to work til 4 and we leave for football soon after.

Cly, can't wait for the recipes.....hope u test them too lol...I have had such bad luck with a few baking ones.....esp soy...YUCK

You know Cly you are such a hard worker no wonder u have no energy left...
I find the time in the gym in the morning is ME time...sure its work (out) but I feel so much better afterwards...besides I get to listen to my music while I am doin'.

Charlie,

If u want to invest in something without breaking the budget...I would suggest just 2 items...something for cardio and a bench with weights.
Right now I like the elliptical at the gym the best. It seems tuff at first after using a treadmill but it is so much easier on the knees and back than any other equipment. It gets your heart rate up, it can pump your legs and arms depending on the strength adjustment and it keeps you in swing.

the bench and weights of course are long term commitment to strength training.
If you are really out to shape that is it.
Here too I have my cd-player at my hip and I am in wonderland.
Nothing eats calories more than muscles and nothing makes u slimmer than muscle tone.
Like I said...try filling laundry soap bottles up first and give it a try. There are some good sites for instructions how all the excercises are performed . Good form is of upper importance here.

The pilates tapes are great......but not easy for me to incorporate right now.
Once I am home...and I should make a little noise, everyone gets up and I pretty much am done trying with evil eyes upon me. We are talking limited space.....BUT if you have them go for it.....I think they look like a challenge master and would tone you up nicely.
Walking is great excercise....just remember to either increase your distance and/or speed.
Everything in excercise is about setting new and higher goals.....and then mix them up so the body stays in a constant state of surprise.

Hope that helps a bit....

Bu
  #741   ^
Old Wed, Oct-22-03, 14:38

BF:

ooops

almost forgot....those of you interested in starting some sort of strength training ...here is a site......(my fave mag)....that can help you get started....but there are so many online to pick from all u have to do is look and find the one thats right for you.

http://www.muscleandfitnesshers.com...ngth_train.html
  #742   ^
Old Sat, Oct-25-03, 13:58

BF:

awfully quiet around here...well friday was cleaning day at the gym.....then did 20 min elliptcal plus abs, obs, and back extensions.
Eats I went over what I consider average....37 carbs and 1960 cal. Made almond cake for Brithday boy.
Son Randy turned 21 yesterday. Each one is tough on me.
Well best take my saturday nap...lol
Laters Bubu
  #743   ^
Old Tue, Oct-28-03, 06:51

BF:
Default hello

Bubu, sounds like you are plouggin away. How was the almond cake? Weren't you trying a low carb recipe for that? Hubby and I are watching both carbs and sugar, but not to the extenet you are. Oh well, baby steps for us I guess. We seem to go in spurts. Then one of us gets sick or something totally throws us off. NOt off on sugar necessarily, but soup/crackers that kind of stuff. We shall see there the next days take us. I guess I just don't have the total committment that you need when you are trying to lose. Keep in touch with me!Jessi
  #744   ^
Old Tue, Oct-28-03, 07:15

BF:

Hi all,

Been busy this week. Getting new Low Carb recipes from the various forums and entering them in to my cookbook software so that the carb counts show on the recipe page. The recipes are great. The family loves them and they are starting to think Low Carb now. Trying to stay away from artificial foods, but replace for example the yams with pumpkin. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm sure it's good.

There is a wonderful newsletter. You would enjoy it for sure. You can sign up here, [URL=http://tinyurl.com/nbid[/URL]. This month is dedicated to pumpkin. The article is very uplifting and encouraging too. Check it out and tell me what you think.

Been in a lot of pain these days, the weather change I guess, and have been popping Advil like candy. Someone on the forum suggested that could be why I've stalled a bit. The starches and sugars in the meds. Never even thought of that. I guess I will have to pay more attention to those kinds of things. Not that I can't take the pills, but maybe there might be better choices. It was suggested that the Advil gel caps are better. I'll look for them today.

Well folks. Got to get ready to go to the dentist and have a doc appointment this afternoon. Time for the old flu shot! Hope you guys are well. Bubu keep up the good work. You are doing so well. Jessi, you are on the right track. You will like the newsletter and the philosophy there. I think the recipes on the forums would help too. Quick, easy meals that are right on track and don't take a lot of thought or effort but taste like real food.

Have a good day ladies.
  #745   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-03, 09:01

BF:

Hey guys,

good to read you gusy.

just journaled, making up a bit for the last 2 days.....workouts been going great but found I have to allow for more time, so with time change I go in half hr earlier and it still isn't enough. Remedy.....Sammy (daughter) is done with volleyball, so I will be going to gym in the afternoon with her as well. So I think I will split my program up and that should work out. Hope I can keep up with the house work though.

We have't kept track of carbs/cal. for the last 4 days but know we are ok since we don't vary our intake. We are actually quite boring about that.
It doesn't bother me as I don't crave anything and am looking at food more as keeping the stomach from grumling these days.

I even tried myself at joggin with the dog in intervals of course...I am not conditioned for that at all, and my lumbar can't take much pounding at all. So may have to give that thought up.

sleep is something I have to work on (averaging 5 hrs lately) as well as the water STILL.....just seems I get so side tracked I quick pour a cop of coffee rather than fill the gym bottle.

Cly I have bookmarked you site and made the Almond pound cake from their recipe...the taste was better than the one I had. It used all butter instead of cream cheese.....but wasn't as crunchy as the one with butter.....so trade off in a way.

Jess, Baby steps are better than none....eventually you may want to take the plunge. I just keep telling myself I am not gonna be defeating myself. I am almost paiin free for the moment and want to get my body back while I can.

Well best get busy here....am off today...and gotta do some cleaning.

Laters gators.
Bu
  #746   ^
Old Mon, Nov-24-03, 12:53

BF:
Default Roll Call

Anyone still out there?

Just wanted to check in and see how you all are doing. I'm still LCing, in fact just going back on Induction this week to try and kick start things. I've been doing well. Trying new things and expanding my habits. Haven't gained, but then I haven't lost either. So that's why I figured it was time to get ahead a bit. Gotta do it before the holiday season!

Hope you are all doing well.

#747   ^
Old Mon, Nov-24-03, 14:46

BF:

Hey Cly,
nice to see you..!
Well, don't feel bad, I have only seen 169 for a few days about 2 weeks ago, and then it went back up 2 pds and down 1. Have been stuck on 170 for too long now.

Don't know why this thread died ....seems since I had PC problems and came back, the others started staying away ? .....don't know ....but as u can see its been a while since anyone has posted. Actually you an month ago.
Am glad to hear you are doing ok though, hope that holds true for the rest of your family.
I too will kickstart with enduction after Thanksgiving.
See if I can get it moving before christmas as well.

Well catch u later
Bu
  #748   ^
Old Sun, Nov-30-03, 20:04

BF:
Talking

Hi girls! You guys are doing good! I thought about you today and decided to check in. Im not LCing at the moment. In fact, Im trying to decide what the heck to do with myself. Everyday I try to decide what I want to do and don't seem to take the plunge. It seems everytime I start up again I just fall right back off, so subconciously thinking...whats the use! I know that I don't want to get even bigger and I know how good I feel when Im eating better, but can't seem to stay with it long enough to take it all off. Several people at work are doing Atkins and feeling good. NO baby yet. Will keep you posted on that! This week I have really got to make some decisions about the new year coming up. I will keep you posted. I need to get myself mentally psyched up! I just wanted to say hello and let you know I think of you guys and really wish you more good luck! YOu guys are doing great!
  #749   ^
Old Sun, Nov-30-03, 20:43

BF:

Hi Jess....
so nice to see you lookin in. This thread has really gone down as u can see.

I know how it feels to be in a limbo. You will get where u wanna be when you are ready. I think its the fear of doing something different in regards to a baby. And that too I understand. It certainly wouldn't be a good time to test the system and make it adjust etc. That does bring a certain level of stress and u don't need that.
Go for the baby, eat healthy and focus on what you 'want' most right now. Set goals, relax and be happy. Enjoy the process in a healthy joyess way and suck in all the excitement.
My son is going off to Iraq, believe me, nothing is more important than holding a child close to your heart.

I wish you all your heart desires,
Luv Bu
  #750   ^
Old Tue, Dec-02-03, 00:08

Plan: Atkin's,fat flush
Stats: 225/170/135 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 61%

Hello Everyone,

It has been awhile!!! I am so pleased to see everyone's progress!!! Keep up the good work!!! I am still at my current weight but I have not been lowcarbing, just exercising more. I am about to rejoin the gym, this one is all female, with an aunt of mine and I am thinking of trying Protien Power. Again I must say congrats to everyone on thier success!!! I plan to be a familiar face around these parts again!!!!

Love and Light,
Cindy