Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Oct-22-03, 10:03

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 182/179/150 Female 5-9"
BF:I /dont/know
Progress: 9%
Question possible turtle

I have been in induction for 12 days now. I have only lost three pounds.
I have notcheated ont he diet AT ALL ! Not even one sip of pepsi. I also purchased the ketosticks and measure the levels of ketosis every day! I ave been in ketosis every day since I started . (shows a dark purple ) and my clothes do not feel any diffrent . Is it possible to be in ketosis every day and just not lose the weight ??? If someone has an exact menu for induction , will you send it to me ??
Thanks ,

I eat three times a day ... Here is an example

breakfast

3 eggs 3bacon

lunch

tuna in water made with mayo and red onions
3 cups salad with ranch (lots )

snack

beanspprouts cooked in oil with mushrooms and onions and soysauce

dinner

4 chik legs and 8 brussell sprouts

i also eat alot of red med / steak / porkchops etc . IM not losing

can someone shed some light on this for me .

I do have two cups of coffee with splenda and half and half
I also have two or three cups of diet coke
those are my only pleasures ...

HELP ME ! !!!!

Thanks ,
You guys are the best!!
moops
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Oct-22-03, 10:12
Butter Tastes Better

Plan: Atkins OWL / IF-23/1 /BFL
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 34%

How much water are you drinking? Also it sounds to me like you are taking in over 20g of carbs a day. Ranch dressing has 1g per tbsp (hidden valley) and lots could mean a lot of carbs, also check if the dressing has sugar.

Maybe cut out the diet coke and the coffee. Caffeine can have that effect, so can aspratame.

Also counting the carbs in splenda, half and half, eggs, cheese if you eat any count 1g per oz and with splenda 1g per tsp.

Try creating an account with www.fitday.com and plug in every little thing you eat with exact quantities. It will help give you a better idea of how you are doing and if you should improve.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Oct-22-03, 10:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 227/227/175 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Have you read the book. You are not on induction carbs which should be at or below 20 total carbs.
You should only be having 3c of salad or 2c and 1 c of the recommended induction vegetables.
If you want to get your system kick started follow the induction to the letter and make sure you are drinking your water.
You will continue to loose if you eat the way you are but it will be slower as you are experiencing.
If you don't have the book go to http://atkins.com/ and they have lots of informatioin there.

you can also put your meal plan on fitday and it will calculate your totals for you and give you a good picture
Good luck
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Oct-22-03, 10:25
Diet Cokeaholic

Plan: Whole foods moderation
Stats: 221/215/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

I agree — veggies are healthy, but it looks like you're eating way too many for Induction. Plus, items like aspartame (in Diet Coke) and onions can stall some people. Soy sauce is also very high in sodium, which could be making your body hold on to water weight.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Oct-22-03, 10:30
Contributing Member

Plan: atkins-OWL
Stats: 201/162.3/150 Female 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 76%

I agree about www.fitday.com I joined in the last couple of days and was amazed at how many carbs I'd been having. It takes a little effort to get started because of customising the foods they don't have but it is worth it.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Oct-22-03, 10:33
~version 2.0~

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 186/173/145 Female 62 inches
BF:YES.
Progress: 32%

If I were you I would cut down the salad at lunch to possibly 1 1/2 cups of lettuce instead of using up your 3 cups of salad veggies all at once...

I have also heard that it is best to split up all your carbs thru out the day...

I do the tuna salad with celery and red onions for lunch all the time... and that is a good blend of fat/protien/carbs....

Brussel sprouts are good too but maybe too much..
Have you tried to use heavy cream instead of half/half in your coffee... that might help too.

I am a heavy pourer on the ranch as well... but if you cut the size of the salad in half.. you can also cut the amount of dressing you use in half too...

good luck..
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Oct-22-03, 10:37
Contributing Member

Plan: atkins-OWL
Stats: 201/162.3/150 Female 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 76%

I had my day down pat yesterday to 5% carbs but then we had brussel sprouts and I ate 5. When I added them it was 9 grams of carbs and put me way over the top