Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Aug-28-01, 03:27

Plan: aitkins
Stats: 198/198/143 Female 155cm
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Compliments?????????????

Even after my "bad" weekend, people are noticing my weight loss, though not in the best of circumstances.

First it was my 18 year old niece who called across a room, in front of a guest "gee your stomach is smaller, it's not as fat as it was."
Then in the middle of a busy shop, when I walked in front of her, my mother at the top of her voice said "You have lost weight, your bum isn't as big as it was". I could feel every eye focusing in on my rear.
I suppose I should be grateful that people are noticing but can't they do it a bit quieter.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Aug-28-01, 03:31
Registered Member

Plan: Dr Atkins
Stats: 253/244/140
BF:
Progress:

People can be so tactless can't they? Still, I suppose you have to turn there comments around into highly positive comments and then you can be pleased!

People keep saying to me "god, I can really tell in your face"......and "you really are losing weight you can tell" etc etc. It's all very well but sometimes I think that they are just saying it to make me feel good.

I am just starting to notice myself the weight loss, not in my face though..... Mind you, never satisfied am I? I moan when people don't say anything and when they do I still moan! What am I like?
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Aug-28-01, 03:51

Plan: aitkins
Stats: 198/198/143 Female 155cm
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default loss in face

Fat2slim,
I have a cousin whose standard first line to me is "You've lost weight!". She does it to make me feel good, I stopped beleiving her long ago, when she said it after I gained 5 kilos. I saw her the other day, she didn't say it! Later my Grandmother said that she had told her that I had lost weight, she must of gotten sick of my standard reply "Nah, I've put on". The only time she has been right was after she said it, I pointed to my newborn son and said "there's the weight I lost"
The first place I notice I lose weight from is the face, I have lost my second chin and have discovered that my neck is longer than I thought it was, I had thought that it was just short and fat!

Cheryl
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Aug-28-01, 04:53

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 300/248/130
BF:
Progress: 31%

LOL, I know what you mean! Last night my mother said she could tell I'm losing weight "because your stomach doesn't meet your boobs anymore." LOL! My stomach used to meet my boobs?? Oh well, I guess a compliment is a compliment, no matter how disguised! At least people are noticing!

Wendy
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Aug-29-01, 06:09
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins mix of sorts
Stats: 174/168/150 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 25%

I've had much the same problem. My family noticed the weight loss but it took my best friends a while to say something. I got a bit discouraged so I bought a pair of tight jean shorts [not my usual style at all] along with a form-fitting sleeveless top and wore them when I went out with my friends.

Well, they noticed the loss then! I was relieved to finally hear them say something as I was beginning to think that the loss didn't show or it was all in my mind.

Had they not said anything my next step would have been to strip naked and run through the middle of town! I'm very thankful it didn't come to that! ;-)

Take Care ~
Sandy
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Aug-29-01, 07:10

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 183/143/140
BF:
Progress: 93%

Quote:
Had they not said anything my next step would have been to strip naked and run through the middle of town! I'm very thankful it didn't come to that! ;-)

LOL...now there's a thought!

I still don't get anyone saying much....strange....but I know I have and am, so that's what counts