Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Oct-16-03, 14:15

Plan: Modified Atkin's
Stats: 169/141/130 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 72%

LC fruit juices:

There is now an Ocean Spray Light made with Splenda. They have Cran-Raspberry, Cran-Grape, Cranberry, and White Cranberry. It still has 10g of carbs...although I don't remember checking if it had fiber for net carb information. Anyway, my husband bought the Cran-Grape this weekend to mix with vodka for a treat. I tried some, and it's delicious! It's definitely more of a treat while on maintenance, but it's really good.

~Kelly Deneen
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Oct-16-03, 14:17
ArtificiallyFlavored

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/252/200 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 13%

The diet V8 splashes are not too bad a substitute for juice.
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Oct-16-03, 14:20

Plan: Modified Atkin's
Stats: 169/141/130 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 72%

I didn't even know they made the V8 splash in a Diet version. I'm so glad! Thanks for the info!
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Oct-16-03, 14:36
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 226/196/140 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress: 35%

The chocolate carb countdown is wonderful! Also, I found this in Utah, at the Walmart Neighborhood Market, which is just a grocery store.
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Oct-16-03, 15:20

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 151/148/125 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 12%

I tried the chocolate today. OMG SO GOOD! Its REAL chocolate milk! Its so good! Im a former chocolate milk-aholic. Im gonna heat some up tomorrow and see if it tastes like hot chocolate cuz I cant find the Diet Swiss Miss ANYWHERE!!
  #21   ^
Old Sat, Oct-18-03, 17:02

Plan: My own
Stats: 185/179/140 Female 69 inches
BF:no idea
Progress: 13%

The chocolate carbdown milk is the bomb! I bet it would be awesome hot with some whipped cream on top, yum
  #22   ^
Old Sat, Oct-18-03, 17:10

Stats: 180/135/135 Female 64 inches
BF:30
Progress: 100%

My whole family loves the Hood's Carb Countdown milk and chocolate milk. YUMMY! And better yet... it does not have soy in it... which I try to avoid.
  #23   ^
Old Sat, Oct-18-03, 18:16

Stats: 229/205/170 Female 5'6"
BF:I have Body Fat!??
Progress: 41%

Okay, now I am REALLY tempted to drive the 25 miles to my WalMart to see if they have it! If it's in Utah, it's likely here, since our distribution center is in SLC!!
  #24   ^
Old Sat, Oct-18-03, 19:34

Stats: 235/180.2/175 Female 5 feet 9 inches
BF:
Progress: 91%

I love fresh OJ with lots of plup.
  #25   ^
Old Sat, Oct-18-03, 19:42

Plan: general low carbing
Stats: 225/200/150 Female 5 ft. 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 33%

I am sitting here so jealous (actually very frustrated) that we aren't able to get any of the items you mentioned around here!!!!!!
First of all, the nearest SuperWalmart is about 50 miles away, and secondly the reg. walmarts don't have any of them either. I am lucky to find the Atkins things at both my local grocer and Walmart. The price for most of that is out of site and I don't want to eat most of the stuff that is offered. I want the things like a real loaf of bread, a quart of milk, the s.f. juice, etc. Things that I would normally buy, just the l.c. form that I will use for the entire family.
I'll just keep a list of what you all have at your stores and keep looking and put a bug in our local stores to carry them!!!!!
  #26   ^
Old Sat, Oct-18-03, 22:57

Stats: 229/205/170 Female 5'6"
BF:I have Body Fat!??
Progress: 41%

Shari Kay, would it be possible for you to make a trip, say once every couple of weeks to the WalMart Super Center? I'm lucky ours is only 30 minutes away, but I live in an area where often people have to drive for an hour or two to get to any real shopping.

I really am hoping to see if our WalMarts have the LC milk tomorrow. The kids could really benefit from that (and so could I!).
  #27   ^
Old Sat, Oct-18-03, 23:25

Stats: 351/229.6/200 Male 73 inches (that's 6'1)
BF:??%%/24.5%
Progress: 80%

I was amazed to find my local grocery store in the Seattle area now carries THREE different types of LeCarb milk. Chocolate, Regular, and 2%. I picked up the chocolate (5g net carbs) and regular (4g net carbs). I tried the chocolate this morning and WOW! Real chocolate milk.

I was a BIG milk fan before LCing and this is almost as big a deal to me as LC tortillas.

I also found it very cool that LeCarb has listed Trans Fat on the nutrional label. It's 0g so no biggie, but this is the first product I have seen with this listed. Good to see someone adding it before they are required to do so.

For anyone in the Seattle area, the store I got this from was Matthew's Thriftway in Bellevue.

OG
  #28   ^
Old Sun, Oct-19-03, 06:24
HELP!!!

Plan: atkins
Stats: 219/175/140 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress: 56%

I can't wait to run to walmart. we have a super walmart right up the street open 24 hours a day. I get my pure delights chocolate bars there and my edge shakes.
  #29   ^
Old Sun, Oct-19-03, 15:58

Plan: general low carbing
Stats: 225/200/150 Female 5 ft. 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 33%

Lila - we actually did drive there about 3 weeks ago. I wanted, at that time, to see if the prices for groceries were really cheaper that the stores around here - I had been told they were.
We are suppose to have one built about 5 miles from my home - it is still on the drawing board, however, and that could take quite some time before it becomes an actuality!!
I probably will get the milk there - but I'm not sure if I would drive down there just for that!!
I am going to ask for it at my local grocery store, and check with the health food store in my area.
Hopefully, we can get more l.c. foods by requesting them - if enough people get interested they will more than likely stock these items.
  #30   ^
Old Sun, Oct-19-03, 21:07
SeeMyself

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

dumb question but what do they do to it to make it lo carb? Does anyone know? That is one thing I think I miss the most..... A real "cold" glass of milk......