Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Oct-14-03, 09:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 156/156/135 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress:
Default eggs make me sick ; (

does anyone have any ideas for breakfast on induction instead of eggs? i started today with two scrambled eggs with a slice of cheese and i'm sick to my stomach. the last time i tried this diet i had the same problem of getting sick to my stomach at least once during the day...... i don't understand this and wonder if anyone has any ideas for me?

thanks, natasha
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Oct-14-03, 09:38

Stats: 000/000/135 Female 5' 2"
BF:uh/no/thanks
Progress: 0%

First of all, there's no rule in the Atkins book or anywhere else that says you need to eat eggs for breakfast. You can eat anything you want, as long as it's on the induction plan! Heck, you can eat a salad if you want to!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Oct-14-03, 09:52

Stats: 233/220/150 Female 5'6''
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default im weird

I eat liverwurst for breakfast. Eggs began to not look very inviting so I found other foods that i can have. I miss apples and popcorn. I just found out i can have a pickle and zuchinni. I look forward to salads but as of now im on a very strict induction....under 15 carbs a day.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Oct-14-03, 10:05

BF:
Progress:

wow, liverwurst - maybe i'll give that a try ; ). it's too cold in the morning to eat salad - i always feel i need something more solid to get me through the next 4 or 5 hours. i will have salad for lunch.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Oct-14-03, 11:10

Plan: pp
Stats: 167.6/164/140 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:
Progress: 13%

There are lots of good things to eat. Leftover chicken, nitrate free sausage. Do a search on 'breakfast' and you'll see lots of ideas. You are not the only one!

I felt sick from eggs in the beginning but I think that after you are on low carb for a while, your body gets back into balalnce and eggs start to effect you differently. I like eggs now.
Switching to high fat foods can be hard on your body because often people who have been eating high carb and low fat are deficient in some enymes. They build back up after a little time eating high fat.
Best of luck
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Oct-14-03, 11:10
Diet Cokeaholic

Plan: Whole foods moderation
Stats: 221/215/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

May I recommend bacon, with a side of bacon. Always makes me happy!

No, seriously, you might try a breakfast meat (or any meat, for that matter) with a small salad or serving of veggies, if you can't handle salad that early. I'm going to start adding a cup of salad to my daily breakfast, as a way of getting in more veggies and supplementing my morning bacon ritual! In fact, at this moment I'm wondering what would happen if I mixed crumbled bacon with chopped tomatoes and salad, tossed with a little mayo. Think it would taste like a toast-less BLT?

Last edited by Hilary M : Tue, Oct-14-03 at 11:13.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Oct-14-03, 11:12
~version 2.0~

Stats: 186/173/145 Female 62 inches
BF:YES.
Progress: 32%

I go for 1/2 an avacado for breakfast alot... along with some salt and lemon juice...
I also eat a slice or two of my favorite cheese...
Or Jimmy Dean Brown and Serve Sausages... they are microwaveable and yummy...
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Oct-14-03, 11:58

Stats: 302.2/302.2/185 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 0%

I love dinner leftovers for breakfast - heat'em in the microwave and they're hot, tasty & filling! I've had tacos, fajitas, spaghetti squash with sauce, leftover roast beef, etc. etc.... YUM!

I never really liked eggs, and only ever got them down with lots of toast - however, I'm beginning to enjoy them now scrambled in butter, or done as a frittata with lots of veggies, cheese, ground sausage etc in them so I can't really taste the egg - you're body & tastes do change!

Wynter
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Oct-14-03, 13:38

Plan: Southbeach (Phase 2)
Stats: 162/160/130 Female 5'3"
BF:32/%/?/20%
Progress: 6%

I really like flax-o-meal hot cereal. Especially when it starts to get cold out. You can order it on line. My fave is banana nut and vanilla almond.
The flax is really good for ya, too!
OR search under Doreen's posts, she has a good recipe for homemade flax cereal.
Judi
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Oct-14-03, 14:10

Plan: atkins
Stats: 219/197/140 Female 67in
BF:
Progress: 28%

I get nauseous with eggs in the am too. Until I found a great way to enjoy them cold.
Use your blender to whip up 6 or so raw eggs, add some bacon crumbles or sausage (or both), small amount of green onion, and salt n pepper. Pour into small cupcake tins (1/2 full) top with cheese and bake (til very lite brown). Let cool and dip in LC salsa. This is a great make ahead and can be taken on the go too. Bon a petit!
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Oct-15-03, 14:43

BF:
Progress:
Default cookbook?

thanks for all the good ideas. i'm going to try them all. can anyone recommend their favorite LC cookbook? i can see i'm going to have to start cooking again !
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Oct-15-03, 18:09

Stats: 284/270/130 Female 5 ft. 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%
Default If eggs make you sick...

My husband is allergic to eggs, so I never make him eggs for breakfast. I looked all over the place for ideas for breakfast for him. What he likes most of all are link sausages cooked with a small amount of onion and bell pepper. I have also made him mock french toast and breakfast meatballs (sausage, ground beef, cheese and onion). We have also tried the Atkins shakes for breakfast.

French Toast
By Norma-June

French Toast (serves 1)

· 2 Eggs

· 1/4 cup heavy (whipping) cream

· 2 pkgs. Equal or Splenda

· Cinnamon to taste

· 1/2 of a 3 oz. bag Pork rinds.

(1) Mix eggs, cream, sweetener and cinnamon.

(2) Crush pork rinds and mix with above mixture.

(3) Allow to soak until it becomes a very thick and goopy batter (3-5 minutes).

(4) Fry pancake style in butter until browned and flip over. Cook until done as you would french toast or pancakes.

Serve with any LC syrup or make your own as follows:

(1) Cream butter until soft (use as much as you need for syrup). I melt it in the microwave.

(2) Add maple extract and sweetener to taste.