Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Oct-14-03, 21:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 210/192/180 Male 68
BF:
Progress: 60%
Default Quick, filling breakfast

O.K. so the bacon and eggs thing is getting a tad old. I've checked out the recipes on this website for breakfast and all of them tend to require some time to prepare and cook. I just wish I could go back to the days of cereal and milk or toast and juice. I've tried the mock danish but that doesn't quite do it for me. If I double the recipe that sure is a lot of splenda and stuff. Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Oct-14-03, 21:31

Stats: 250/188/140 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 56%

what i do is mix up equal parts of egg beaters and ricotta in a small bowl with a fork (usually 1/4 cup ceach = 1 egg). add a pinch (1/8 teaspoon?) of baking powder and a sprinkle of cinnamon.

fry it up like a pancake. takes about 5 min at the most!

add SF pancake syrup and butter!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Oct-14-03, 22:03
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Are you on induction or OWL?

Induction, take and make something the night before. Then just put it in microwave or grab and go. Making a large quiche or fritatta on the weekend then freezing it in single serving ziplocks works great. If you have time to fry eggs, then you have time to fry other things. Make stir fries, such as using ground meat, cheese, and a touch of tomato sauce for a pizza scramble.

If you ar ein OWL, there are tons of ideas. There are LC cereals on the market. There is also yogurt you can mix with fruit and protien powder for a great fast breakfast. Pancakes and waffles can be made LC and then frozen for later use. Smoothies, shakes, and other blender foods can be invented.

This morning I made LC pumpkin pancakes. It was for my son's b-day. I thought they were a tad dry, but he loved them
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Oct-15-03, 05:09

Plan: atkins
Stats: 231/191/150 Female 5 6
BF:
Progress: 49%

If you are on OWL, you can try this: I use the Cinnamon Raisin "o'solo rolls" to make french toast. Beat egg w/a splash of heavy cream, add extra cinnamon, dip in sliced roll and fry. I have it with sugar free maple syrup and either sausage or bacon. There is a website for o'solo that you can go to locate a store near you that carries them. They come 4 to a box and are individually wrapped and need no refrigeration. I love them and even use them for a burger once in awhile. I do not have them every day but they make for a nice change from the eggs in the morning.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Oct-15-03, 06:01

Stats: 222/206/165 Male 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 28%

A nice thick Isopure zero carb shake fills me up, and it's so sweet, you really don't want anything else for a while. Add some berries and maybe some flaxseed oil to it to up the carb and fat count.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Oct-15-03, 08:20
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

Flax-oMeal hot cereal! It's better than the Keto brand (the only kind of theirs I like is apple cinnamon) and takes about a minute... just mix with boiling water, sweeten to taste, top with cream and go... I make my own "copy" of it much cheaper by mixing flax meal, wheat bran and protein powder/shake mix...
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Oct-15-03, 08:43

Stats: 158/153/130 Female 5'7"
BF:Under Construction
Progress: 18%

Every Monday morning, I make this dish & eat it all week long:

10 eggs
1 cup shredded cheese (your choice)
1 cup meat (bacon, ham, or sausage usually)
1 cup veggie (spinach, peppers, etc)
1/4 cup cream
a few pinches of spices (cumin, garlic powder, etc)
salt & pepper
a few chopped shallots or onions (depending if you are on OWL or Induction, etc)

I just play around with that I have and make a "fritatta" or whatever. I love it. Every time I cut a piece and warm it up, I add an extra bit of shredded cheese on top...yum!
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Oct-15-03, 10:21

Plan: Dukan & Running
Stats: 195.2/155.4/155 Female 5'9.5"
BF:Jigglin'/less/firm
Progress: 99%

I've tried lots of things for breakfast (maybe I made the mock danish wrong, cos I thought it was gross), but the only thing that keeps me full till lunch is the dreaded egg. I've been preparing two eggs with a splash of cream scrambled with flavoured cream cheese on top instead of cheese cut up and mixed in- it kind of cuts down on prep time. Plus, I can get all fancy different flavours of cream cheese from the bagel place down the street, and have the satisfaction of not eating the 100 carb bagel!
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Oct-15-03, 10:44
This is the year

Stats: 194/186.8/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

Try having leftovers from dinner the night before. Comes in handy to just nuke it and eat, especially when I am running late.
My other quick breakfast is to take some sliced smoked salmon (like the Nova brand), put a dab of cream cheese and roll it up. Sometimes I put it in a LC tortilla too - less messy.
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Oct-15-03, 11:19
Registered Member

Stats: 235/170/160 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 87%

Love a hard boiled egg. (Not sick of them yet, although I anticipate it sometime soon!) and an ounce of sharp cheddar. I grab them when I leave for work and eat them when I get there. I am not one for eating first thing in the morning.

The Mock Danish WAS gross. I made it this morning and it was too sweet and the texture was a turn-off. ALthough lots of people seem to love it! You should try it and see what you think. It's easy.
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Oct-15-03, 11:24
Diet Cokeaholic

Plan: Whole foods moderation
Stats: 221/215/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

Try the low-carb pancake/French toast recipe using crushed pork rinds. Disgusting though it sounds, I promise it's fabulous!
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Oct-15-03, 12:13

Stats: 356/292/175 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 35%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilary M
Try the low-carb pancake/French toast recipe using crushed pork rinds. Disgusting though it sounds, I promise it's fabulous!

Oohh ... I agree with this suggestion. I tried this recipe last weekend and it is wonderful! It will now become my weekend breakfast.

During the week I have hard boiled eggs and turkey sausage - I prepare enough for the whole week during the weekend and then I just take it to work with me -I don't like to eat first thing in the morning either.
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Oct-15-03, 12:22

Plan: Atkins/low carb mix
Stats: 206/184/130 Female 5'5"
BF:Size 12
Progress: 29%

Think out of the box. You can have ANYTHING you wan't for breakfast, such as left overs from the night before. Or how about rolled up deli meat around cheese? This is just my opinion I bought Flax o Meal and well I threw it away I couldn't even swallow it. It was horrible it tasted like saw dust smells. Complete yuck.
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Oct-15-03, 12:32
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 165/162/137 Female 5 foot 2inches
BF:
Progress: 11%

I have to agree that eggs are the best. They really fill me and I dont get hungry for a long time afterwards. However for variety - I toast a slice of low carb bead (4 carbs) and slather it butter - yummy. Or I use the keto crunch cereal wth cream diluted with water to give the feel of milk. I made atkins waffles (using the pancake mix) this weekend and they were OK.

I went thru that stage of hating eggs - but have found my groove now and am happy with eating one of my three breakfast choices and dont feel deprived.

Claire
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Oct-15-03, 13:27
Registered Member

Stats: 185/151.2/135 Female 67 inches
BF:36%/17%/12%
Progress: 68%

breakfast on the run: a stack of cold cuts (ham/turkey or both) with mustard - sometimes.