Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > General Health
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Oct-13-03, 06:18
Kid R

Plan: Maintenance
Stats: // Female 5"1'
BF:Too darn much!
Progress: 90%

Let's keep in mind that there are a bunch of us who are here for reasons other than weight. (High cholesterol, diabetes, PCOS, etc.) And low carbing works well for these problems, too. We post our weights because the profile forces us into it, at least until we're clever enough to figure out that you really don't have to do this. Recently I was criticized for my goal weight, which someone with a lot of weight to lose thought was "too low." It was basically an arbitrary number--and NOT too low, by standard weight tables--that I put in because I had thought I had to fill in the blanks.

Surely there are people here with anorexia and other body image problems. And I agree that when it's an obvious case of an eating disorder, it's appropriate to point out that they could benefit from counseling. But I think sometimes people are too quick to come to this conclusion.