Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Oct-11-03, 13:02

Plan: considering SPP
Stats: 145//130 Female 5'4''
BF:
Progress: 36%
Unhappy I need help

Help me please I've been off the LC wagon for a couple of months now and haven't liked it but I've been too indisciplined to get back on. I need lots of advice and encouragement. I keep saying that I'll start tomorrow. I even get the right food, but the temptations are soooo great. I'm frustrated and am along the wrong track. What's the next step?

Nadz
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Oct-11-03, 13:03

BF:

Oh yeah. Those stats are wrong.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Oct-11-03, 13:47
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

If you are on ATkins I would suggest going back to induction for at least a week to detox. Clean out your pantry and fridge, getting rid of all high carb temptations, then stock up on LC foods. If you don't have the food there to eat, you are far less likely to cheat then if you have to go get in car and drive to store.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Oct-11-03, 15:11

BF:

Thanks LadyBelle. I've decided to try again. It's just that I'm at the stage that I'm willing to drive to the store! We'll see how things go.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Oct-11-03, 17:36

Plan: Vegetarian Low GI
Stats: 188/179.8/125 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 13%

You may also want to consider switching to a different plan. There are so many out there and since this is a way of life, it takes time to find the right plan for you. You may just need a slightly different way of looking at LC eating .

Tam
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Oct-11-03, 19:03
Registered Member

Plan: loz's LC
Stats: 135/?/&;135 Female 173cm
BF:
Progress: 32%

Hey there
Yeah, i know what u mean. This is like the 3rd time i've been back on induction. (supposedly).
I just find it really hard to stick to induction cuz it's so strict.
Yeah, i'll consider doing a different plan.
I've decided to do a atkins/SB my own LC plan.
I hope this will make it easier for me to stick to LC WOE, but i really don't know if i can stick with it, cuz i don't have much self-control.

I found that having buddies in this forum helps a lot.

anyway, good luck with LC this time.
I really wish i can succeede this time too, but i don't really have that much confidence in myself.

bye
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Oct-11-03, 19:28
Whoosh me baby!

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 276/258/180 Female 66 inches
BF:Yep, gots to go
Progress: 19%

Start by not telling yourself "I'll start tomorrow." Instead start right now. Put the carbs down and start right this minute. Not to be cruel, but if you don't have the self control to do that-you don't want it bad enough to succeed. There is absolutely no good reason to wait until the next day, Monday, the first of the month, or New Years for people who really want to lose weight. In a way, dates are psychological sabatage. I agree with above: pick another plan if this one doesn't do it for you. Good luck and really try to get to the root of why you make yourself fail, because no temptation is too great unless you talk yourself into it.
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Oct-11-03, 20:06

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/135/140 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 113%

Well, How about sitting down and writing out all the reasons why you want to lose weight, how you feel now, how you think you'll feel if you get back with it.
Post it, wher you can see it and read it each time you think of giving in.

The other thing too is to readthough the success story thread.

Good Luck Kathy
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Oct-12-03, 17:43

BF:

That sounds like a great idea Kathy. Thanks. I think I'll try that.
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Oct-12-03, 18:00
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Nadz.

I partially agree with the idea of trying another plan, but that's useless if the real problem lies elsewhere. If you do switch, be sure to choose a plan that adresses whatever issues you have right now. Don't do SB just because everyone else is, or CAD just because the reward meal sounds cool... check that good ol' "Which plan is right for me?" link over to the right under "quick links."

When you go ahead and eat those carbs... that moment when you say, "screw it!" - what mindset is behind that? Do you honestly not care, since at 140ish, you're already at a reasonably healthy weight? Is it frustration and anger because you have to limit your food? Is it because someone made you mad/sad/upset? What exactly is so tempting about it? Those are just examples... if you can deal with those specifics, you'll be able to fight the temptation.

Hang in there!