Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Oct-11-03, 12:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 275/267/165 Female 5'9
BF:Too High!
Progress: 7%
Exclamation Attn:All Newbies Important info about how Fitday.com helps

For those of you who are starting out here I wanted to share with you how much the web site Fitday.com helped me.

I joined this forum at the beginning of October and read several posts that mentioned fitday.com. I finally took a look and decided to register.

Although I was doing will on induction, fitday helped me dramatically:

(1) I had no idea that with my fairly active lifestyle, at my weight I could eat 3000+ calories without gaining weight. This made me realize how much I must have been eating to gain weight and that I didn't have to "eat like a bird" to loose weight.

(2)Actually listing each food and it's nutritional makeup and entering my "custom foods" made me much more aware of portion sizes and "hidden carbs". I thought I was doing a good job, and I was, but there was a lot of room for improvement.

(3)Once I had all my foods listed it was great to see a pie chart of how well I was doing with my carb : fat : protein ratio.

(4)The pie chart that showed my exercise inspired me to do more each day!!

(5) The graph that showed my "calorie intake" and "calories burned" over the last few weeks kept me inspired even though I had a really bad day where I had binged.

I encourage you all to join what a great tool!!

Last edited by Kristine : Sat, Oct-11-03 at 17:50. Reason: (just an accidental smiley :D )
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Oct-12-03, 07:48

Stats: 182/147/145 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 95%

Right on! Fitday makes all the difference to success!

judy
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Oct-12-03, 08:30
Butter Tastes Better

Plan: Atkins OWL / IF-23/1 /BFL
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 34%

I joined today, I tried to use it this morning but got a bit confused when trying to add foods in. I wanted to add egg beaters, they had an option for egg substitute so I clicked it, but it was all wrong, I attempted to modify the information, but I couldnt seem to get it to show portion size 1/4 cup, it only had the option of 1cup or quantity not specified, so I then tried to switch things around a bit, and I still couldnt get it to read correctly.

I would appreciate it if anyone could please explain to me how to change that, because it seems like a great website... if only I could figure how to get it started.

Thank you,

-MJ-
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Oct-12-03, 09:25

Plan: Atkins- OWL/Pre-M
Stats: 165/144/140 Female 70 inches (5' 10")
BF:30%/19.28%/19%?
Progress: 84%

I couldnt seem to get it to show portion size 1/4 cup

1/4 cup = .25 cup
Just type .25 in the section where the 1 comes up and then go to the bottom of the page and click save changes
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Oct-13-03, 16:59

Stats: 182/147/145 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 95%

Hi MJ,

Fitday can be frustrating at first, but here's a thread that might help http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=38343

judy
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Oct-14-03, 09:41

Plan: atkins
Stats: 168/157/140 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress:
Unhappy Induction Slips

Hey jude: how are ya doing? I'm also a torontonian & wondering where you hail from in this city? Looks like you've done remarkably well on atkins & I for one am really happy & proud of what you've done! Bravo. Did you ever slip up while you were doing induction? I sorta did this week-end. I'm wondering if that means I have to start all over again? Well take care & have a good day. Sugrbuster

Last edited by sugrbuster : Tue, Oct-14-03 at 09:43.