Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-03, 06:00

Plan: Protein Power/Paleo
Stats: 188.5/169.5/145 Female 5 ft. 9 in.
BF:way/too/much!
Progress: 44%
Talking Woo hoo! Look at me!

I'm excited! After many starts and stops I'm determined to do this! I've got my "Cheatfree" shield on my signature and I have ketosis-breath to go with it!

And to top it off, yesterday was one of the hardest days of my life with dh issues--my stomach was in knots all day. I used to try to make those knots go away by eating carbs all day, but yesterday I felt them and I knew it wasn't hunger, so I didn't cheat! Yay me!

I'm going to enjoy the feeling of the weight dropping off and not worry that I need more carbs!

Goal: To lose about 5 lbs. and fit into my size 14 jeans!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-03, 07:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 209/198/145 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 17%
Wink

Good for you!! I also eat when I get nervous or depressed. It all started when my MOM passed, then I went thru a very ugly divorce. I gained 80 pounds in less then 6 months. But, since being on Atkins... it's a lot easier not to get into that mode again. I applaud you.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-03, 10:32
Registered Member

Stats: 251/217/135 Female 62
BF:100
Progress: 29%

Hi Zuleka and MamaSara6 hope you dont mind me dropping in and saying Hi.

Me to I eat when depressed. Good going MamaSara6 for being strong I will remember that and think of you next time I get depressed and think I CAN DO IT....NO CHEATING...

I did want to ask how did you put that shield there for Cheat Free I see alot of people have them not sure how to get one.

Hope to hear about both of your successes soon. I will check back in to see.

Started 240
10-6-03 233
10-13-03 next weigh in.

Love Candles
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-03, 10:46

Stats: 158/153/130 Female 5'7"
BF:Under Construction
Progress: 18%

will this CHEAT FREE thing change as the days go on or do you have to change it every day on your own?
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-03, 10:48
CAD for life

Plan: Atkins/CAD
Stats: 193/163.5/125 Female 64 in
BF:
Progress: 43%

WAY to gO ~~~~~ oh yes you have to go into your signbature and change the number
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-03, 13:21

Candles, it took me a loooong time to recognize the different feelings in my tummy. I think being pregnant so many times messed me up: I always ate for hunger, nausea, whatever. I thought everything needed food! LOL!

Yesterday, I tried to focus on the fact that I was upset and eating wouldn't help the tummy feelings, and would only compound my problems bec I'd me mad and dh AND myself! Deep breathing and a prayer every time it got bad made the difference.

I've had a time getting that shield on there! Just right click on someone's shield and copy the url into your browser. Go to your signature and click the icon that means "add image." A little window will pop up with the [IMG] brackets and you just paste in your url. For the number of days, you just change the digit at the end of the url every day. Don't forget to save your signature! I forgot the first time I got it on there and it took a while to figure out how to do it again! LOL!

We can do it! We all have to start with DAY 1, right, Katgurl? But you've had some other days that were cheatfree, obviously!
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Oct-21-03, 14:49
Registered Member

How is everyone doing here???

Hope to hear from you guys here

Love Candles
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Oct-21-03, 16:43

Stats: 229/205/170 Female 5'6"
BF:I have Body Fat!??
Progress: 41%

MamaSara, you did good!!

I think breaking the eating cycle is a little tricky. I was one of those, too, who ate for every stomach problem--nausea, nerves, whatever! Thing was, it actually did help the pain to go away.

Oddly enough, though, yesterday I was depressed. I was so afraid I'd be eating just because I felt bummed that I didn't eat enough. After I ate dinner and got the right amounts of food into my body I felt tons better.

It's been my experience that (for me, at least) that a lot of carbohydrates actually trigger depression. Keeping my body full of good food seems to bring that to a halt.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Oct-21-03, 18:38

Plan: Atkins/Duodenal Switch
Stats: 344/165/148 Female 65"  (inches) 5'5"
BF:falllingfast
Progress: 91%

wooh hoo!
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Oct-22-03, 04:41

Default Hey guys!

It's funny this thread should pop up again today when I'm not feeling very "whoo hoo!" Frankly, I'm sick of the whole thing! 4 days ago, I was at a new low of 179.5 and I was so excited--first day of TOM and I dropped 2 lbs. Today they're back and I'm so tired of watching the scale bounce around.
I just want to see it go down steadily--at least for a while!

On the other hand, I've been having too many shakes and a couple of sf jellos (aspartame), so there could be reasons for this upward trend. I'll have to knock it off for another week and see what happens. I think I'm still in ketosis, but I haven't been using the stix, so I"m not sure.

keep in touch!
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Oct-22-03, 12:28
Registered Member

MamaSara, dont worry about the upward scale as you know what caused it and all you have to do is get back on track....We are there for you during the rough times as well as the good times. Keep up the good work... I cant wait to see the 170's.....

Good luck

love Candles
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Oct-23-03, 05:32

It's soooooo frustrating! Yesterday I had sf chocolate and a diet coke (because it was one of those places where I would break down and cheat big time if I didn't have it!). But when we got home from our meeting last night at 9, I didn't eat with dh even though i was sorely tempted. And today I'm back down to 179.5!!!! Hooray! I don't want to tell myself that I can have all the aspartame I want, because I don't like it and I know it will lead to bad habits, but what's the deal?

Would I really hit a big woosh if I gave up the shakes and occasional diet coke?????