Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Oct-09-03, 19:29

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 375/369/185 Male 73 inches
BF:
Progress: 3%
Talking Hello to all..........

Very new here just started Atkins (although I have had success with it before). Need to lose at least 150. Was just diagnosed with sleep apnea and now get to go to bed each night with a breathing machine (CPAP) until I get the weight down.

Wish me the best pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Richard
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Oct-09-03, 19:51

Plan: low carb
Stats: 370/180/150 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 86%

welcome to TDC richard,i'm so glad you found this forum,i found unbeliveable support here and i know you will too this is the best low carb forum on the board,you said you did it before and i know you can again,wishing you the best!! Tammy
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-03, 01:19
90 Days at a Time

Plan: Glycemic Load
Stats: 426/405.2/326 Male 74 in.
BF:
Progress: 21%

Welcome! Glad to see another smiling face! This is the place to find the support to make things as easy as possible when learning a new way of life: good people and good food.

(I woke this morning and reread this message and had to make a few typing changes. Therre is no Q in Welcome and there is an H in THIS.) So much for pre-dawn messages by me!)

Last edited by MisterE : Fri, Oct-10-03 at 06:22.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-03, 04:14

Plan: My version of low carb
Stats: 325/284/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 23%

HI Richard

I am also new here and just registered today. I have been doing LC for just a couple of weeks. I too have sleep apnea and use a CPAP machine. One of my early goals it to be able to quit using it. I know by previous experience that I should be able to do it when I get down to about 275. I can hardly wait!!
I would like to lose at least 160 lbs myself. Let me know if you have any questions about the CPAP and I will try to help you if I can.

Shelle

Last edited by shelle007 : Fri, Oct-10-03 at 04:15.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-03, 05:41

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 333/199.8/172 Female 5'8"
BF:??/39.0/25
Progress: 83%

Hi Richard, welcome to the TDC. This forum is great and probably the best thing I've learned here is to treat this WOE (way of eating) as a lifelong change, not as a diet. Since you've done it before, I'm sure you'll get right back on the wagon and be off and losing. Good luck to you!
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-03, 11:13
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 345/304/240 Male 5'9
BF:20.72 %
Progress: 39%

Hi Richard! Welcome back aboard.

Step up to podium

Yea, sleep apnea kind of scuks. On the other hand it's a relatively new technology and thank God for it. So instead of ppl telling you to just shut up and stop snoring, finally there is a real treatment for this medical condition. For those of us that have it genetically passed down, it's a miracle. Can you imagine going literally sleepless (deep dreaming sleep)? As little as 10-15 years ago there was no treatment. Ppl just suffered, and were blamed because they snored loud (as if it was their own fault).

Step down from podium

Welcome again and good luck!