Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Kitchen Talk
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Aug-04-03, 15:06
Registered Member

Plan: adkins
Stats: 225/00/170 Female 5.11
BF:
Progress: 409%
Default Wendy's salad

Do we know if the southwestern caesar at Wendy's is okay? I got it today: did not use the croutons, nor did I eat the corn or black beans
Kathryn
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Aug-07-03, 03:01

Plan: vegan low-carb
Stats: 252/252/199 Female 64.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

I don't know the answer to your question, but thought I'd suggest you check the Wendy's website. I haven't, but hopefully it has some info for you.

Those salads are the best of any of the fast food places. Awesome! My favourite is the BLT. Word of warning, check out the carbs on the salad dressing closely--I don't know what the heck I was thinking (guess I wasn't) and had the mustard-y one--26g carbs in the little pack!!!

n.

ps- Mickey-D's salads are the grossest things I've ever TRIED to eat
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Aug-07-03, 20:59

Plan: NeanderThin, Atkins mix
Stats: 131/127/127 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 100%

I don't know what the deal is with McDonald's salads. You think they would be good with the lettuce varieties, but it is like taste never occured to them. It must be the chicken.

Per the Wendy's question, I think the salad is ok except it is hard to tell what is used on the chicken. You avoided the high carb veggies and as I recall from having it once, the only ingredients left were chicken and lettuce and tomatoes.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 18:53

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 172/128/120
BF:
Progress: 85%
Default Dairy Queen Salads

I had a Dairy Queen salad and was impressed with the taste and the fact that they use freshly grilled chicken breast that's still hot when you get it. I will certainly go back!

Betti
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 19:07

Plan: 35-65 net carbs
Stats: 362/281.8/150 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 38%

I love the blt salad from wendys but i use blue cheese dressing on mine.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Sep-29-03, 15:54

Plan: Atkins Wannabe
Stats: 260 ?/234/140 Female 63 Inches
BF:
Progress: 12%

I love wendy's ceasar side salad... its always yummy!

But I love, love LOVE Arbys Turky BLT Salad w/mayo instead of dressing.. Warm bacon, sliced turkey breast, Lots of yummy lettuce (i dont eat tomatos hehe.. It has to be my favorite salad ever!
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Oct-03-03, 08:42

Stats: 200/172/120 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 35%
Thumbs down Wendy's Web Site

Folks,

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but most of Wendy's salads are high in carbs. Wendy's has a web site that gives the nutritional value of most, but not all of their foods.

Here is the site so you can check it out for yourself.

http://www.wendys.com/food/index.jsp?country=US&lang=EN

I really love their salads too, but I am trying to find an alternative to stop and grab a quick meal that is still low carb. When I first started this wol, I was really disciplined about preparing things ahead, but lately have been too busy. Any suggestions on things to pick up for a quick meal?

BBK104
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 10:15

Stats: 175/161/130 Female 60 inches
BF:
Progress: 31%

I usually have Wendy's BLT salad -- 10 carbs minus 4 fiber... and I take out the tomato and any carrot shreds. With dressing, I figure it's no more than 8 or 9 carbs. That's not bad for a fast food salad!

On their website they don't list the spicy ranch dressing that I usually get, though. It's the lowest one they have carb-wise I think.
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Oct-09-03, 09:01

Stats: 188/181/145 Female 5' 5
BF:way/too/much
Progress: 16%
Default Wendy's Salad & lunch ideas

I found the ceasar dressing at Wendy's to be less than 1 gram of carbs per serving. Thats the one I use. I like it on the BLT Grilled Chicken Salad. So total it comes to 7 grams of carbs for the whole salad. Its very filling. I cant see where BBK104 says that they are high in carbs. You of course would never eat the croutons and always pick the salad dressing lowest in carbs. Just my opinion. You can go to Wendy's website and build your own meal and then choose whatever lowest in carbs.

I also like to get the double cheese burger with bacon (minus the bun of course) its so good you almost don't miss the bun, and the side ceasar salad.

Also for lunch at home I like to make a small salad with lettuce, a few small cherry tomatoes, green peppers, green onions, then take a can of tuna mixed with mayo and green onions and plop it right in the middle of the salad and then put Ken's steakhouse Red Wine Vinegar & olive oil dressing around on the salad part. That is really yummmy.....one of my lunch favorites.