Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 17:17
Busty McChacha

Plan: atkins
Stats: 304/246.6/175 Female 5 foot 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 44%

Hi Roch!

Congratulations on your decision to change your life. My advice is to not think of it as a diet think of it as a way of life (trite but true). Just keep telling yourself I am going to make it through induction. Induction is so important. When you follow induction strictly it really is an enormous help. We have all been where you are right now. You can do it!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 17:20
Registered Member

Plan: My Own
Stats: 280/118/117.5 Female 5ft 5.25 in
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Roch, and welcome to a wonderful new way of life!

The best tip I can give you is to ENJOY controlling your carbs. You have done the right thing for your body, and you can eat savory, rich food. Concentrate on what you CAN have, not what you are giving up. Don't think about how you can't have mashed potatoes... think about how you CAN have mashed cauliflower with sour cream and chives mmm! After your two week induction, if you ever find yourself craving something (I say after induction because your cravings are all wacky now) make a controlled carb substitute. DON'T wait until you are so bored and feel deprived enough that you fall off plan.
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 18:01

Plan: Atkins/Duodenal Switch
Stats: 344/165/148 Female 65"  (inches) 5'5"
BF:falllingfast
Progress: 91%

You are in the right frame of mind!!! Welcome! Congratulations on makig the first step!

There were a couple times I almost quit...having my journal here on this site is better than therapy
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 19:06

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 305/260/180 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 36%

Hi Roch!

Welcome to the TDC! This forum is awesome with absolutely wonderful, supportive people!! I'm sure you'll love it here, as much as I do!

Congratulations on taking the first big step! Making the commiment is so hard to do! I agree with what many have already written - enjoy your LC WOE! Be creative with your menu choices, and make sure to check out all the wonderful recipes here on the board! But also stick to induction to the letter because it will rid you of your cravings and get you off to a wonderful start!

Also having a journal and using www.Fitday.com to log your foods for the day can be valuable tools to help you along your journey.

Congratulations on your new WOL, keep up the wonderful work! You can do this!!!!!!
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 19:29
Contributing Member

Stats: 345/304/240 Male 5'9
BF:20.72 %
Progress: 39%

Hi Roch, welcome! Those of us at the TDC forum know how you feel and understand the special challenges of being heavy and wanting to lose weight. We are all on your side. The people here are very supportive.
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 20:34

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 316/228/150.0 Female 5'3
BF:54
Progress: 53%

Hi Roch. Nice to meet ya. I hope you'll meet at many wonderful people as I have so far. Good luck in your woe. I'll write more later.
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 21:14
Registered Member

Plan: My own custom blend
Stats: 275/254/125 Female 5'2
BF:Plenty, want some?
Progress: 14%

Hi Roch and welcome to the TDC. I'm still relatively new here myself, but I'm an old hand at the weight loss thing. I've also been obese most of my life and really have very little idea of what it would be like to have a "normal" weight & figure. In fact, I'm not even sure what I'll wind up looking like! But I do know one thing, LC is the easiest and most effective way I've ever lost weight, and it sure is good to feel so healthy and energetic. The things you have to give up seem so important at first, but once you've been LCing for a while you feel so good you don't care that much about them anymore. Keeping good LC food in the house that you can grab at a moment's notice is a big help. Drinking that water is really important too - your body really needs it to flush everything out. And I found for me the way I talk about my new WOE (way of eating) really makes a difference in how I feel about it. I don't say I can't have something, I say I won't have any or don't eat that anymore. It makes me feel better to know I made a concious choice not to eat something rather than my "diet" is dictating to me what I can or can't have. Just think of it as less of a personal failing and more of a food allergy or addiction, and that should make it easier to bear. After a while, you will be guiding the newbies.
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Oct-07-03, 06:10

Plan: Atkins/W.W.
Stats: 401/299/170 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 44%

What a wonderful way to put it, Nancy...I'm going to copy it and place it on my refrigerator to remind me that it's always a "choice" if I ever get into rough waters.
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Oct-07-03, 09:52

Plan: low carb
Stats: 370/180/150 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 86%

congratulations Roch!! you have found the BEST support forum on the web!! I {along with everyone else } cant wait to get too know you through your journey to a healthier life,u have gotten alot of good advice so far and all i can add to it is to stress the importance of having plenty "quick"low carb food around have a fantastic low carb day
Tammy
  #25   ^
Old Tue, Oct-07-03, 10:24

Stats: 425/322/240 Female 68 inches
BF:Lots
Progress: 56%

Welcome to the TDC, Roch. You can see most of my details on my website, which is linked in my signature line. I'm so glad you decided to give LC another chance. I really think this can be the answer for you too.
  #26   ^
Old Thu, Oct-09-03, 19:25

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 316/228/150.0 Female 5'3
BF:54
Progress: 53%

Hi Roch,
How's it going so far? I've been trying to find your response. Guess I'll wander over to your journal & say Hi. Hope you are doing Wonderful!!!

Take care,