Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 14:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/179.8/130 Female 5'4.75"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Eating More

I have a question. I ate way too many peanuts this weekend and had some Miller Lite beer. But stuck to this WOE otherwise and when I woke up this morning I was 2 pounds lighter. I hadn't lost wieght and actually gained 3 pounds during the 2nd and 3rd week of induction. Anyway my question is do you think I should increase my carb intake since it seems I lost weight because of a carb increase or do you think it was just something that pushed me out of a stall and I should go back to 20 grams a day?

Thanks ahead of time for all the great answers.
Amy
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 14:43
~version 2.0~

Stats: 186/173/145 Female 62 inches
BF:YES.
Progress: 32%

You know that might have kick started your loss... although I think it might be dehydration... how much beer did you have?? if it was just one or two... maybe not..

I do see you only have about 10lbs left to goal... congrats on that...

If I were you, I would move to OWL if you feel comfortable with that... then it should be okay to eat those yummy peanuts... guilt free... but make sure not to go overboard...

Keep up the great work..
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 15:00

Stats: 180/179.8/130 Female 5'4.75"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I have to admit it was about 4 beers on Friday and 3 on Saturday so 7. I stuck to the 100 oz. of water through the day, could it still be dehydration? Thanks for the support. The more I read over DANDR the more I think maybe I should be finding my carb level and just going to OWL since I do only have ten pounds to go. I just don't want to screw anything up or do something wrong. I'm not very good at counting carbs either, I write down what I eat but I don't add the carbs right away and sometimes I only get 14 carbs but don't know that till the next day.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 15:27

Plan: atkins
Stats: 160/143/125 Female 5-6
BF:got/luv/handles
Progress: 49%

heh I lost weight after having some beer this weekend, I think its just coincedence.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 16:53

Stats: 205/169/160 Male 69 inches
BF:??%/17%/12%
Progress: 80%

hmmmm.. Beeeer

I haven't had any in 2 months now and that's probably some sort of a record for me. On the plus side the money I'm saving by not drinking a six pack a night is rather amazing, so I guess that's just another plus to this WOE.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 17:16

Stats: 229/205/170 Female 5'6"
BF:I have Body Fat!??
Progress: 41%

One thing that's been helping me keep better track of my carbs is http://www.fitday.com (recommended so often here--thanks to everyone!). You do have to figure your net carbs on your own, but it sure is handy!