Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 11:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 210/191/130 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default New here and sooo glad that I found you guys!!

Hello all!! I have been on Atkins since September 1, 2003. So far I have lost 19 pounds and hoping to lose more before the holidays get here. I haven't lost anymore weight in the last couple of weeks and I was starting to get discouraged until I found ya'll. The hardest part of this plan is making sure I eat enough times a day. I work at night and don't get home until around 3 o'clock in the morning. It has been a constant battle for me to make myself eat breakfast daily. Does anyone have any suggestions about the "normal" time of the day that people should eat meals and snacks? I desperately need some words of encouragement to get me jump started again!! I really think finding this website is going to be a blessing. Thanks!!

Shannon77
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 11:57

Plan: atkins
Stats: 260/250/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 10%

NINETEEN pounds in a little over a month is terrific. I've posted this many times. I went 3 1/2 weeks after induction losing nothing and then after I dropped cheese or maybe it was a coincidence I started losing again. It took me alot longer to lose the weight that you lost. I have to be at work at 7 so I eat breakfast at 6, usually starved at noon and then dinner is usually around 7 where I'm famished again. The evening meal I could eat and eat. On weekends I'm able to eat a little at various times and that seems to be better for weightloss.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 12:03

Plan: Atkins / OWL
Stats: 260/208/190 Male 71 in
BF:
Progress: 74%

Breakfast Tips:
1) Invest in some Hi-Lo Cereal and Soy Slender soy milk.
A great breakfast and < 5g carbs, if you have less than "one serving".
2) If bars don't stall you, Atkins Morning Start bars are fantastic. Atkins Ready-To-Drink shakes are expensive but tasty. (esp. Creamy Vanilla)
3) Microwave sausage, if low in carbs, can be a great breakfast. I like to have two patties (1g each) with a little cheese.
4) Try the "Pumpkin Bake" in the Recipes forum. It's great.
5) Many other people will propose this -- you don't have to eat breakfast food for breakfast. Many like quiche or steak, leftovers, whatever.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 12:27
Registered Member

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 215/139.5/128 Female 5
BF:
Progress: 87%

Hogarth, sorry but I must be blind. Where can I find the Pumpkin bake recipe. I looked but couldn't find. Anything pumpkin sounds good?
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 14:08

Plan: Atkins / OWL
Stats: 260/208/190 Male 71 in
BF:
Progress: 74%

#6   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 15:36

Plan: atkins
Stats: 231/191/150 Female 5 6
BF:
Progress: 49%

Welcome Shannon! Glad you found us! I agree with Hogarth, his suggestions are always good. Also, you have a different schedule than most of us so you should use trial and error to see what works for you. I know when I first began, I used the Atkins pre-mixed shakes for breakfast and they are good but must be very cold so pour over ice. I also used the morning start bars and they worked well also. It was good in the beginning because I was unsure what to cook. Hope you keep coming back to visit with us! You will get loads of support and information from the wonderful people here