Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Sep-29-03, 13:24

Plan: Low Carb My Way
Stats: 170/169/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%
Thumbs down I am so tired....

I am so tired to dieting even on this low-carb way of life.

I am tired of shopping for food only to find that there is only a few items I can buy that aren't full of sugar, starch or artificial everything and that are on sale.

I am tired of doing my best and losing very little...and when frustration falls in...I fall off the wagon.

I am tired to always to think about everything I put in my mouth and wonder if it has hidden carbs that may just knock me out of ketosis.

I am tired of not being able to go out to a restaurant and have to ask "does this contain sugar or starch?".

I am tired of just being tired and frustrated.

sorry for this rant but its been a tough few days.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Sep-29-03, 13:42
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 217/170/155 Female 5/5
BF:
Progress: 76%

Maybe it's the weather. I just posted about feeling terrible. I know what you mean, but look at the alternative. I would worry myself to death, if I started eating sugar and high carb crap again. You have lost so much weight! You have done wonderful so far! Keep it up!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Sep-29-03, 13:42
Registered Member

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 198/198/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi Yvonne,

Wow! Looking at your stats you have gone more then half way to your goal! You should be congratulated on this...and appreciated for all the hard work you have done thus far.

I know how it feels to be discouraged, and frustrated beyond belief.

I take diuretics, HBP meds, thyroid meds, and Lexapro. Everything the good doctor states are contributing to low weight loss. But unbelievably I lose a little at a time, kinda like a little wrapped present in the morning when I have lost a pound or two.

I just tried WW about 1 month ago, it was harder, and more difficult when I went out to eat, or even eat in for that matter. I was hungry all the time, and couldn't get "it" together.

But on ATKINS, I do lose, not as fast as some, but I do lose if I stick to the program.

I hope this helps to give as encouragement. Dealing with weight issues are always hard, and then when you feel different, like everyone else in the world can just eat and eat, it makes it equally harder.

Again, hang in there, you have so much support on this board, please feel free to drop a line at anytime.........

~Andi~
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Sep-29-03, 14:08
Brown-Eyed Girl

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/153/155 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Hang in there. Maybe it is just the weather (the summer into fall transition), but I have been hearing a lot of people having the "blues" lately. I have noticed if you read the success stories both on here and on Atkins, it really helps to chear me up. Good luck.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Sep-29-03, 15:05
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/lc friendly dietician
Stats: 220/209/140 Female 5'4"
BF:44%/?/20%
Progress: 14%

i hear you yvonne, it's probably not the diet you are tired of... it's the carb addicted society you are tired of.

i get so annoyed at the lack of whole foods out there. everywhere you go you have to worry about sugar or starch being in everything.

i am so tired of watching news shows stating that north america is dying of obesity when the answer lies in a little white paper back.

~steph

my mom is on atkins and she is down 18 lbs!!! i'm so proud of her.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Sep-29-03, 15:16

Plan: Atkins Wannabe
Stats: 260 ?/234/140 Female 63 Inches
BF:
Progress: 12%

It can be fustrating Yvonne, I know what you mean.. Its alot of brain work to figure out almost every meal of the day.. Maybe make some things in huge batches that you can freeze for later and take some of the stress off of "what am I going to eat?!"... It is a hard transistion time, with the change of seasons, and the holidays around the cornor, there are alot of things that are tradtional to people in general.. For instance Im already fretting over what Thanksgiving is going to be like atkins style! LOL.. I do want it to be as close to normal thanksgiving as possible, and not feel like Im missing out....... Or when it gets cold I start to crave soup and stews.. In October I have this odd habit of craving the heck out of salted punpkin seeds.. and Christmas, well forget about it.. LOL..
Just dont give up, living through a few days of hell is well worth what you gain in return, including knowing you made it through squeeky clean!

I hope tomarrow is a better day for you!
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Sep-29-03, 15:52

Plan: my own
Stats: 240/232/120 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 7%

yvonne,
I hear ya. It is so frustrating, especially since there are sooooo many low fat foods out there...which obviously we can't have. It seems like if we want anything thats lowcarb we have to make things from scratch. Let's look at the positive though, you are almost 70% to your Goal, thats soooooo awesome. Also, Im sure your feeling a lot better health wise and the way you feel and look. Also, doesnt it feel great to be able to EAT and feel satisfied and still lose weight?
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Sep-29-03, 19:40
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

It is hard, but it can be done. A pep talk won't always cut it, either, but I'm not going to lecture either. I'll just tell you what I tell myself..

"Yes, it's hard, but so is being overweight. I don't have the RIGHT to deprive my family of the healthiest person I can be. I'm tired, but I'm MORE tired of looking in the mirror and feeling like crying because of what I see..."

The only way OUT of this feeling is THROUGH it. You'll be so proud when you ride out this feeling and reach your goal!
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Sep-29-03, 20:08

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 138/115/115 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

gosh, it's all perspective i guess. i would feel so happy about losing all that weight. i know you don't notice because you see yourself everyday. but i see a 40 pound loss and i think you are amazing! don't lose sight of what you are doing. you have less than half of that to be at your goal. can you believe??? listen to miss potatofree...congrats on your success!!!
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Sep-30-03, 06:51

Stats: 166/125.5/130 Female 66"
BF:24%
Progress: 113%

yvonne,

I hear you about the shopping. It is hard on tight a budget to find things that are inexpensive sometimes. It seems like the things we can't have are always on sale -- like pasta, bread, etc! Just yesterday I was in the produce department at my favorite grocery. The "on sale" produce included bags of potatoes, bags of onions, and their "fresh" salsa (which isn't very good or fresh!). All the yummy types of lettuce were so expensive so I wound up with iceberg AGAIN!

But, the cheese I really like was buy 1 get 1 free -- even cheaper than the not so yummy store brand! So keep your eyes on the ads, you'll be surprised sometimes!!

I know you're having a rough day but don't feel bad. I think you're doing great!

Julie
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Sep-30-03, 10:48
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvonne326
I am so tired to dieting even on this low-carb way of life.

I am tired of shopping for food only to find that there is only a few items I can buy that aren't full of sugar, starch or artificial everything and that are on sale.

I am tired of doing my best and losing very little...and when frustration falls in...I fall off the wagon.

I am tired to always to think about everything I put in my mouth and wonder if it has hidden carbs that may just knock me out of ketosis.

I am tired of not being able to go out to a restaurant and have to ask "does this contain sugar or starch?".

I am tired of just being tired and frustrated.

sorry for this rant but its been a tough few days.

Just a thought...have you ever read the Carbohydrate Addicts Diet? You have two low-carb meas a day, but the part you might like is that the third meal is a reward meal... You eat your salad. protein, and low-carb veggies, but with it, you can HAVE a potato, bread even dessert. It just has to be eaten in under an hour.

If you feel deprived and can't stick to ALL low-carb, this might just work for you. I'd encourage you to look into it. It's worked for many people, and I'm considering it for myself.
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Sep-30-03, 11:10

Stats: 274/190/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 68%

i am going to look into CAD when I lose the weight. . .I am not giving up lentil soup and sweet potatoes and bloomin onion for the rest of my life. . .so I will have to figure out how to add them safely. redawn
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Sep-30-03, 11:25

Plan: Atkins/M&E/HCG
Stats: 233/186/160 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 64%

WOW, I had never heard anything about CAD or what you could have.
I'm so glad I read this post.

PS Everyone is right yvonne you are doing so good. Don't give up.
I have lost 1lb in 1 whole month. But I know I can't give up. There
is nothing else out there that works. Please keep going.

Deana
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Sep-30-03, 11:44

Plan: Low Carb My Way
Stats: 170/169/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

I have heard about CAD...even read the book. I am going to think about it.... thank you everyone
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Sep-30-03, 13:09

Plan: General LC
Stats: 232/157.4/145 Female 5'6.5
BF:...getting lower
Progress: 86%

Yvonne - maybe it is time to reevaluate and decide if the positives outweight the negatives. Positive - you have lost an incredible amount of weight! Negative - Feeling trapped...etc. I find writing a list like this can be helpful in decision making.
Maybe modify Atkins to fit your lifestyle? While this may slow the weight loss, it eliminates the stress of worrying about ketosis & reading every label on every item you pick up in the grocery store.
I have always had a hard time relating to the $$$ side of LC'ing. My dh is a meat & potatos man anyway, so I might see a $20 difference in the grocery bill now. I also do not buy all the LC convienence foods. I live by KIS - Keep It Simple. Mixing up the meats, finding new marinades, finding simple new receipes here on the board (if it has more than 10 ingredients, forget it!), eating some of my cheap favorites (the ddpq) but keeping them fresh by changing toppings...

I really hope you find in the end you want to stick with this WOL. I think the benefits in the end with FAR outweigh the problems.