Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Sep-27-03, 22:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 210/190/150 Male 5'5
BF:
Progress: 33%
Default Fell OFf The Wagon

Well I fell off the LC wagon and I havent gained any I have been off plan for around 2 weeks and man have I been a moody b*stard, must be the glucose or something but I am going back on LC Monday regardless of my new job (Data Entry) and school. Wish me luck with these last 20 lbs
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Sep-27-03, 22:37

Plan: 35-65 net carbs
Stats: 362/281.8/150 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 38%

good luck dustin youre doing great.... !! when do we get new pics??
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Sep-27-03, 23:01

BF:

Whenever I take some :P
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Sep-27-03, 23:40

Stats: 180/135/140 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 113%

O.K. guy, you had your little fling, it did no damage, ( this time), but get the heck back in the saddle, O.K.

Cheers Kathy 8>)
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Sep-28-03, 00:18

Plan: dr. atkins
Stats: 155/145/125 Female 5'5"
BF:

dustin...i'm just like you. except i did do some damage. i want to get back on but everyday i seem to mess up. i'll do fine in the morning but then by afternoon or evening i'll eat those darn carbs. then i can't stop. i need will power. darn.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Sep-28-03, 02:26

Plan: Atkins/Duodenal Switch
Stats: 344/165/148 Female 65"  (inches) 5'5"
BF:falllingfast
Progress: 91%

Hey JUST DO IT!

remember this crappy feeling! Its not worth it right? so eat your LC and good luck with the final poundage...and learning to eat LC for life!
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Sep-28-03, 05:07

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 270/256/175 Female 5.5
BF:Afraid to Know
Progress: 15%

Good for you Justin, nice to see that you have not given up. Lucky you did not do any damage..
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Sep-28-03, 10:29

BF:

Well I have done good today I am still stumped about what I am going to take to work with me for lunch...
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Sep-28-03, 10:40

Plan: DANDR
Stats: 191/153/145 Female 66.5
BF:
Progress: 83%

Dustin: Do you do your own cooking? For next time, buy a bunch of chicken breasts, cook over moderate/low heat in some olive oil. Be sure to liberably dust them with McCormick Grill Mates Montreal Chicken Seasoning. Then chop them all up, add mayo, some chopped girkens and some chopped red bell pepper (if you like it). Stick in fridge and when you are going to work, put a bed of greens (romaine or fresh spinach leaves) in a container, load up with your chicken salad and go. My H likes this so much he took it to an office party and said the hoards decended on it like a bunch of ants...and it all went before the HC stuff!!

Last edited by FromVA : Sun, Sep-28-03 at 10:41.
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Sep-28-03, 11:00
Registered Member

Stats: 225/225/165 Female 5' 4
BF:
Progress: 0%

Dang!

That sounds like a fantastic lunch... and one I would be able to take to work without problems! I am going to try that monday! Thanks for the idea... its better than taking a wack load of cheese chips and pepperoni chips every day!

~Lori
ps good luck Dustin, you've come a long way... keep it up!
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Oct-01-03, 21:58

Plan: HCG/LCHF
Stats: 224/201/190 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 68%

What I do is plan leftover meat at dinner time. For instance, if I'm cooking chicken or pork or beef or even burgers for dinner, I cook extra and use the leftovers in my salad for work (sometimes an extra dinner or 2, also). In a real pinch, I LOVE Goldseal Smoked Tuna Slices which come in a zip open type can inside a box, at Safeway. I think there are 3 flavours.

I find that a "harder", chewier meat as mentioned above is more filling for me than canned salmon or tuna. And my salads generally have 2 kinds of lettuce (leaf, romaine, escarole, curly endive, spinach), maybe cucumber, mushrooms, a bit of green pepper, and usually 1 Tbsp real bacon bits, 1 Tbsp feta cheese and about 2 Tbsps commercial LC dressing (ranch is quite low carb. There is usually about 3 cups of greens, btw. I have done this since the beginning, with no problem staying under the 20 carbs.

Hope this helps!

BTW, did you know you can get any of Subway's sandwich combos made into a salad? Unfortunately, their dressings are usually low fat, but you could bring your own! Also lots of grocery stores sell chicken breasts and wings - another emergency source for lunch (altho not the best cos they do use seasonings/bbq sauce that might have sugar). Bun-less double meat burgers are another option.
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Oct-02-03, 08:29
~ReFINDing Terry~

Stats: 304/167/150 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 89%
Smile

Justin, my 15 yr old son has lost 38 lbs LCing. He takes an Atkins shake and string cheese in his lunch to school (quick and easy.) just an idea...