Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Sep-25-03, 13:46

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 390/367/200 Female 5"4
BF:s-66 C-64.4
Progress: 12%

Hi Cappy,
Thank you so much because right now i need all the help i can get. I know that this is a life style but i get mad at myself b/c i let myself get so out of control. The hardest part is not eating RICE I US TO EAT RICE WITH EVERYTHING. lol I know this will pass i just can't wait until i can look into that bag of rice and say I'M THE WINNER,I'M THE CHAMP,I WON LOL!!!!!!! I'm really concerned about this lose skin it just hanging off my arm and i be trying to exercise it but it don't look as if it working.Do anyone know of anything that i could do or a exercise that will tighting it up? I might not be doing the right thing. Well thanks again talk with you later.

Nykky
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Sep-26-03, 09:09
~ReFINDing Terry~

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 304/167/150 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 89%
Smile

This forum has a place for extra support for people with over a hundred pounds to lose... check out http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49
for extra inspiration...
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Sep-27-03, 11:54

Hi Guys,

I;m feeling a lot better i was going threw my withdrawl syndrome and i was going crazy lol. I just wanted to tell ever on that im now down to 367lb and i'm happy as can be. When i went to the doctor tuesday he said that i had alot of fluid and gave me some water pills. So, im just waiting until i hit that 350lb . I haven't been cheating or anything!( Can't say i don't want to) lol ! Well i just wanted to up date everyone on me me and less of me! Do anyone know how much water you suppose to drink in a day please tell me? I 'll be waiting to hear from you guys!

Nykky
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Sep-27-03, 12:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by nykkystv7
Hi Guys,

I;m feeling a lot better i was going threw my withdrawl syndrome and i was going crazy lol. I just wanted to tell ever on that im now down to 367lb and i'm happy as can be. When i went to the doctor tuesday he said that i had alot of fluid and gave me some water pills. So, im just waiting until i hit that 350lb . I haven't been cheating or anything!( Can't say i don't want to) lol ! Well i just wanted to up date everyone on me me and less of me! Do anyone know how much water you suppose to drink in a day please tell me? I 'll be waiting to hear from you guys!

Nykky
  #20   ^
Old Sat, Sep-27-03, 18:11

Plan: DANDR
Stats: 191/153/145 Female 66.5
BF:
Progress: 83%
Smile

nykkystv7: You are doing just great. Instead of looking at this as a diet, look at it as a Way of Eating or a Way of LIfe. It won't always be real easy...I have had some pretty frustrating days. Exercise is a must...it doesn't have to be done at a gym. Just move! And be sure to measure and keep track of those inches! Sometimes the scale can hurt more than help. You may not see lots of movement on the scale but I bet you see it on the tape! I have eating this way (Induction) for 10 weeks and the difference in my body shape is more important to me than the scale numbers. And the improvement in my BP is a huge plus. Some days you will be discouraged, some days on a high, some days really tired. But you experienced all that before you changed your WOE, right?!

Don't give up...come to this forum when you need encouragement. It is open 24/7!
  #21   ^
Old Sat, Sep-27-03, 21:54
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

8 to 10 glasses a day. I try for at least 80 oz, and when I feel like water-skiing, go for 100 oz.!!!
  #22   ^
Old Sun, Sep-28-03, 15:12

Thank so much i want to know if there was a such thing as drinking to much water also? That why i asked someone told me you can't drink to much it will make you have alot of fluid.Is that so will someone tell me the truth????
  #23   ^
Old Sun, Sep-28-03, 15:22
Forum Moderator

Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Nykky,

The only way to drink too much is if you are exercising vigorously (such as running a marathon! ) and only drinking water without extra electrolytes, or if you drank a huge amount of water very quickly. I'm talking about 7 or 8 litres in an hour.

But as a general rule, the more you drink the better. It is suggested you have 2 litres/64 oz PLUS 250 mL/8 oz for every 25 pounds you need to lose.

And did you know that if you are retaining water, the best way to lose it is to drink more water? I am living proof that that is true.
Hmm, I've just read back to where your doctor gave you fluid tablets. If that was for high blood pressure or some other medical condition, definitely continue to take them. But if he just thinks you are retaining water, I would try to do without them. If you are not sure exactly why he prescribed them, I would phone him to find out. Taking diuretics can slow weight loss in the long run.

All the best!

Rosebud
  #24   ^
Old Sun, Sep-28-03, 15:40

Plan: Atkins- OWL/Pre-M
Stats: 165/144/140 Female 70 inches (5' 10")
BF:30%/19.28%/19%?
Progress: 84%

nykkystv7
I drink at least 150oz/day and on warm days or weight training days I drink over 200oz/day. It hasn't hurt me yet. On days when I have high sodium foods I have to drink extra water or I retain water and it shows on the scale as 3+ pounds of weight gain if I don't drink enough.
  #25   ^
Old Sun, Oct-05-03, 08:49
Lowcarb since 7/2002

Stats: 360/232/180 Female 5'9"
BF:BMI 53.2/34.3/?
Progress: 71%

Hi Nykky,

I just noticed your thread. I don't know if you are still checking into the forum -- you haven't posted for a while - but if you are you might want to check out the Triple Digits Club which is listed under Lowcarb Support Focus Groups on the main page of the forum. It's for people with over 100 pounds to lose and a lot of us started out weighing in the 300s and 400s.