Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Sep-26-03, 09:22
90 Days at a Time

Plan: Glycemic Load
Stats: 426/405.2/326 Male 74 in.
BF:
Progress: 21%
Default 4 months 4 the doubters

I am a little late in posting this due to family (the important stuff) and workload taking what little time I had.

Today I have a few minutes to post what I consider to be important. To most it may seem trivial. BUT today I count! So today I post.

I started this WOL on May 4th as big a sceptic as there is on this planet. Take a look under my Avatar...see the start weight? Let's just say that I had tried to get things under control earlier and never found anything that worked.

Well, Atkins brought me back into the world of the living over the past 4 months. In addition to losing 50 pounds in that time, I gained the following:

I regained the ability to walk.

My gut no longer touches the steering wheel of the car (lost 6 inches off my waist); the seat belt actually fits losely instead of being a trial every time I drove!

I am seldom hungry and ALWAYS in control. I eat well. Every single day. I lose weight. Every single week.

And there are so many more benefits I can never tell them all. But I will try again in the not too distant future when I hit the 33333's. And then again when I hit my 1st 100 pounds lost. And then again whenever anyone asks me for the rest of my life. Which I know will be much longer thanks to Low carbing.

It IS a big deal to be able to walk again from one who could not walk. It is a big deal to be able to enjoy life again from one who had ceased to live in any type of a social environment. It is a big deal to be able to say without any question whatsoever that I AM IN CONTROL of my eating now!

So...this is not so much for my friends who have walked with me every single step of my journey over the past 4 months, this is for those who wonder if this "diet" works; if this diet is worth the effort. Speaking for myself, as I shout from the rooftops at the top of my voice: this way of eating works for me each and every day! I know it CAN work for everyone who chooses this path to health.

Truth is this way of eating only works if you work it. But looking at where I was and where I am today, I swear on all I know to be good, that if you make the commitment and follow the program for a while this way of eating soon becomes the only way you choose to eat.

Closing the prayerbook, he simply said, "Amen!"
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Sep-26-03, 09:41

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 220/205/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Thank you for posting such encouragement and congratulations!!

I am very proud of you!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Sep-26-03, 09:48

Plan: WebMD w/LC choices
Stats: 322/297/199 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 20%

You rock, my dear *E*! Yours is a story of inspiration and will.

We can make this work and will succeed! You, my friend, are another wonderful reminder of that.

Hugs!
Nikki
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Sep-26-03, 09:58
Lowcarb since 7/2002

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 360/232/180 Female 5'9"
BF:BMI 53.2/34.3/?
Progress: 71%

Mr. E,

Your post made me cry. Congratulations on your new life.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Sep-26-03, 10:17
Arizona 215 lb Loser

Plan: Suzanne Somers
Stats: 327/315/190 Male 5 ft 11 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%

You're right on Mr. E!! Way to go! Four months now, but so much more to follow!! Even better is the fact that you've found something that really works and you can truly live with!! I completely agree with you!!

Thanks for posting!

Dean in Arizona
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Sep-26-03, 11:01

Stats: 300.5/260.0/130.0 Female 5'2"
BF:65%/58%/22%
Progress: 24%

Mister E,

You are an inspiration to us all. Keep up the great works. I'm following in your footsteps.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Sep-26-03, 12:10

Plan: low carb-atkins
Stats: 280/170/150 Female 5'8
BF:40/27.5/22
Progress: 85%

WOW an awesome post......Way to Go MisterE...you are a true inspiration to us all.....its the little things that are important to all of us...as insignificant as they seem ...they are a huge achievement....You keep up the great work.......
Your living proof that this WOL can "change your life"..........

#8   ^
Old Fri, Sep-26-03, 12:34

Plan: Atkins/Duodenal Switch
Stats: 344/165/148 Female 65"  (inches) 5'5"
BF:falllingfast
Progress: 91%

and the people say Amen!

I cried too. What can I say... in realy life not one person believes that this WOE is healthy for me even if I lose weight. In real life nobody takes me seriously when it comes to weight loss.

On this site....this is where I lve, where I get my strength to get up every single day and not even think about eating off plan. I am eating well also and feeling sad for my mom who is diabetic who is joining WW for the 20th time at least....

You go MAN!
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Sep-26-03, 13:11

Stats: 278/204/145 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 56%

Mister E,
I just love your positive attitude and am very excited for you. It is great to be able to live again. You are an inspiration and I always look forward to reading your posts. You'll be in the 3's before you know it and then you can
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Sep-26-03, 14:57
Busty McChacha

Plan: atkins
Stats: 304/246.6/175 Female 5 foot 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 44%

Mr. E!

You are truly an inspiration. I am so glad you are feeling better and living better.
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Sep-26-03, 15:31

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 333/199.8/172 Female 5'8"
BF:??/39.0/25
Progress: 83%

MisterE, you are mahvelous! You have such patience and it shines through in each of your posts. I hope each and everyone of the doubters will read your story and give this way of eating a try. Thanks for sharing!
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Sep-26-03, 15:59

Plan: Pregnant
Stats: 318.5/276/190 Female 5 9
BF:
Progress: 33%

Hi Mister E!
You dont know me but I am SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!1

I, too, cried when I read your story. I could feel the pain lifting from you and see how happy you are and its only going to get better.

Good for you Cant wait until you make it to your next milestone. Keep up the great work!!!!!!!

Vicki
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Sep-26-03, 17:00
On my way to goal

Plan: General lower carb
Stats: 220/210.4/180 Female 68 inches
BF:Top Weight = 323lb
Progress: 24%

That was a heck of a post, MisterE. I may come back to re-read that one when I'm feeling like crap someday. I look forward to reading more highlights as you reach your goals.
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Sep-26-03, 17:32

Stats: 249/229/130 Female 5' 2"
BF:
Progress: 17%
Thumbs up

MisterE,

i must say, your well written, heartfelt post really affected me as well. You are an inspiration. Congratulations on your accomplishment so far!!!
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Sep-26-03, 19:42
I'll get there yet!

Plan: Atkins/nutritionist blend
Stats: 319/284.4/150 Female 66.5 inches
BF:way/too/much
Progress: 20%

MisterE,

Your 4 month story is inspiring, incredible, and impressive (couldn't think of another in word.) Congratulations on your current success, and I'm looking forward to reading about all your future ones.

Jude