Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Thu, Sep-25-03, 14:25

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 244/227.3/189 Female 6'0"
BF:51%/??/30%
Progress: 30%

Mine is not good either. I weighed in at 101.9. Ugh! How come that little bit that goes on so quickly takes SO long to come off?
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Thu, Sep-25-03, 15:26
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins (Modified)
Stats: 242/216/155 Female 5´7
BF:shrinking!!

OK, so here are the final week stats:

Becky 10/09/03................103.4/101.9/101.6
Char 10/09/03..................104.2/ X/X
Wabbi 12/09/03................101.4/100.7/101.9
Ana C 17/09/02................102/102.3/102.7

I know, It`s hard to break the barrier!!! Girls, we really need to have better stats for next week. We can do it!!!!
  #63   ^
Old Thu, Sep-25-03, 16:22

Okay, how about a couple of targets with water and (dare I say it)... exercise?!

1. WATER: I vow to drink at least 120 (better 160)oz of water per day!
2. EXERCISE: I vow to do a little exercise everyday this week - even if it is just a 20 minute walk with the dog! I'll also try to get to the gym 3 times!

What do you girls say?
  #64   ^
Old Thu, Sep-25-03, 17:22
Registered Member

I began doing the PILATES workout for dummies Yesterday. I could not do it completely, and I am sore!!! But at least I did it!!! I downloaded it from KAZAA LITE, and now I have it in my disk drive. Before I go to bed I will record it in a CD so I can watch it on TV and do it, of course

About the water....I drink 4 liters of water a day. I keep the water with me every where I go. No diet sodas, no coffee, no tea, just plain and cold water. As soon as my bottle is empty, I just refill it.

I am happy today, because I am finally back in ketosis PURPLE. It took me 4 entire days!! Next time before I cheat, I will think twice about it, or more!!!

I have been waiting for two months for a mayor event this weekend. I am going to a BBQ and see all my Ex-collegues from Nestle. They know that I have been on a diet, but they do not know that I have already lost 9 kilograms since the last time they saw me (18 of july). Hope they notice my weight loss.

Othe thing that happend to me today, is that for curiosity, y grabed a long sleeve shirt that I had hanging all summer and tried it today...I could botton it!!! Plus, it wasn't tight at the bottom....I am soooooo happpy! :yay
:
  #65   ^
Old Thu, Sep-25-03, 17:50

Congrats on the shirt. Are you going to wear it to the BBQ?

4L is a lot of water per day! I'm at 1.2L so far. I'll keep going with it. And, I'm going to follow your lead and try to have no diet soft drinks all week! Let's see if that makes a difference!
  #66   ^
Old Thu, Sep-25-03, 17:58
Registered Member

Wabi: the water you are drinking is less than the minimum for your Lean Boddy mass which should be 64 oz. You have to drink 8 oz of water for every 25 pounds you have above this LBM. What type of diet soda you drink? does it have Splenda or Aspartame?
If it has Aspartame, I suggest you get rid of it and never drink it again. Aspartame is not recommended at all, and it raises your insuline levels, it got me out of ketosis twice.

YES, I will be wearing that nice shirt this weekend.... I am sooo nerveous!!!!

Ok, enough said for today. I just keep going and going and going.........

You are Wonderful. Take care.

Last edited by becky160 : Thu, Sep-25-03 at 18:05.
  #67   ^
Old Thu, Sep-25-03, 18:03

I'm at 1.2L so far (but it's only 9am here). I'm going to try to get to your 4L - you've set a challenge for me.

I drink a golden circle (australian brand) diet soft drink sweetened with splenda. The problem is, it also has a touch of real fruit juice in it. Some flavours have 2-3 carbs. If I have 2 cans a day, that's carbs that could be better spent on some veges or something a little more nutritious. So, I'll try to give it up for the week!

Cheers,
Wabi
  #68   ^
Old Thu, Sep-25-03, 18:13
Registered Member

Wabi: Go to my journal. You will see some posts from JEANYYY, she is helping me a lot to get this WOE the way it should be. read her comments they are really very constructive and informative. for example, I did not know that there where percentages in the Atkins diet that we had to follow for induction!
and also I did not know that the fiber was really important as well as the veggies (which I do not like)....any ways you will learn a lot from her posts.
  #69   ^
Old Fri, Sep-26-03, 10:11

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 290/247/165 Female 178 cm
BF:
Progress: 34%

Hi Guys !
Gosh, Becky, 4 lts is a loooot of water. Most days I go a little over 3 lts and I practically live in the bathroom Good luck in the BBQ, I hope everyone notices how slim and nice you look !
No one seems to notice much of my weight loss, but I guess since I was recently pregnant they are just assuming I'm going back to 'normal'. Little do they know that I havn't weighted what I weight today, pregant or otherwise in such a looong time....But a little praise wouldn't hurt...
I have to confess that I drink Diet Coke - at least one can a day. I know, I know I shouldn't, and at the beginning I was planning to stop but I just kept losing weight still drinking my beloved diet coke.... Do you guys think that it will make a big difference if I stop ?
Wabi: I envy your exercise resolution... It seem that all I can do is run after kids and work in front a computer all day long.... I know it has to change...
By the way, what do you guys do in terms of work ?
(maybe you have already discussed that before I joined you...)
Take care !
Ana
  #70   ^
Old Fri, Sep-26-03, 11:05
Registered Member

Ana Cecilia

Quote:
I have to confess that I drink Diet Coke - at least one can a day. I know, I know I shouldn't, and at the beginning I was planning to stop but I just kept losing weight still drinking my beloved diet coke.... Do you guys think that it will make a big difference if I stop ?

Hola Anacecilia!!

Well many people have problems with Aspartame, others don't. I think that as long as you keep your diet coke intake to one can a day, you will be ok. I will try to get link in here about something I read on it.

I am really dissapointed. the BBQ got cancelled due to Saturday`s weather forcast!!! anyways, maybe is better that way. I will have more time to loose weight.

Quote:
By the way, what do you guys do in terms of work ?

I'm unemployed right now. I do home cleaning and errands, take care of my doggies, and my DH.
I spend a lot of time infront of the computer. I love it! I also create web pages for close friends. I can't wait to start working...I can`t find anything that I like now.

I'm going to prepare my dinner, so I talk to you guys later, ok?

XOXOXOXO
  #71   ^
Old Fri, Sep-26-03, 11:17

Plan: Atkins ‘72
Stats: 260.5/179.0/180 Female  5'5 1/2
BF:My hubs
Progress: 101%

Whew! I made it here.

My name is Deb I live in so california ( i hate it) and this morning the scale said 219.5 (ugh!!) I broke my *fixed* number of 220, then fell off the wagon....oh but enjoyed all those carbs. I need to get below 200... soon please

I look forward to getting to know all of you.....
  #72   ^
Old Fri, Sep-26-03, 11:19

BF:

Becky, To be really honest with you I envy you. I would love to be able to take things more slowly, but right now I'm the breadwinner in the house. My husband quitted his job three months ago to start his own business and we all knew that there would be hard times ahead until everything got set and he started making money again. Let me tell you it is hard... I spend so much time in front of the computer because I'm a legal translator and all I do is type, day in and day out... Enjoy your free time while you can...What kind of dogs do you have ?
  #73   ^
Old Fri, Sep-26-03, 11:25

BF:

Hi Deb, welcome. It seems that you already are where we all hope to get really soon !
  #74   ^
Old Fri, Sep-26-03, 11:57
Registered Member

Ana Cecilia:
I am goign thru hell right now. I was supposed to get paid (unemployment wage) this month, about 1500 Usd. Did not get paid. I was first unemployed in November 2002, when my ex boss told me that he did not have a place in the enterprise for me to GROW, and tht he thought it was better for me to go on and look for a job that I really deserved. I took them to court, won the case, but did not get paid untol 4 months later by them, and also by the government for unemployment. I t was really bad. My credits are extremely bad, I owe them sooo much money, that I get stressed all the time, I get depressed, and every time the phone rings or my dorbell rings, I start fricking out.
My husband`s salary is low, because he laso quit his job in March, and did not find anything until April, and of course did not get paid until the end of that month. then, in March I started working in Nestle. I knew it was only going to be for 3 months, but thank god it lasted 4. My job ended in July 18.
Here in Europe, everybody leaves on holidays during july and Agust, so U knew that it was going to be imposible for me to start working until september. It's now september, I have been to a couple of interviews and I hanven`t had any luck.
we had a good level of life, and now, we don`t even get to the end of the month. My fridge is almost empty, plus I owe lots of money everywhere.
I am frustrated, my DH is getting depressed because he says that now we live worse in here, with no future spectatives than when we lived in Mexico (High Class).
Is frustrating, many days I just cry and ask God to please help us out. But this is life - money comes, money goes. So the best thing is to really try to not think about the problems we have because for the moment can`t be solved, and also try to find a solution, a way out.
My solution for the moment, is to loose weight so I can get a job. I have been discreminated because of my weight. At least I have time now to get focused and get in shape.
I really think that if It wasn`t for this diet, I could be really really depressed. This diet helps to fight depression, and I have to say, that is helping me a lot by the moment. Really Ana Cecilia, don`t envy me, we all have problems, some stronger, others lighter, but they are there.

about the dogs I have Tina -who is an Italian Pointer. Odie -who is a snow dog Samoyedo, and Roxy - who knows what she is, I found her lost in the steet and picked her up. She is the sweetest dog you'll ever know.
Do you have any pets?

---------------------------------------------------------
HI DEB!!!!
You found us!!! Great!!! Welcome to the thread!!!
are you married? do you have children? Do you work? let us know more about you!
  #75   ^
Old Fri, Sep-26-03, 12:24

BF:

Yeah, Becky, you are right... We all have our problems... And I hear from European friends that it is so hard to get a job nowadays. We have a couple of friends from France and they came here to spend the whole month of August and they said that they would still have another month of vacations... I was shocked and they said that it was a rule that everybody had those loooong vacations because it was a way of creating at least part time jobs because the unemployment was so high.... No, right now I don't have any pets because I live in an apartment with three kids but I had dogs all my life and love them. I had three boxers, one basset hound and one bulldog. You are so right about this diet being a sanity saver. Our situation is very unsteady because I'm a free lancer so I'm never sure how much I'm gonna make in any given month and we have HUGE expenses with the kids since here in Brazil the only good schools (or should I say 'decent' schools) are private schools and the only good doctors are not covered by any health insurance plan. So no matter how much I make, I have to pay school for the two older girls and doctor appointments, shots, etc. for everyone. So you used to live in Mexico? Then you know that in countries like Mexico and South America it is not unusual for middle class people to have maids, right? So, I have a nanny and a cook and I have to pay them as well. I could get rid of them and do everything myself, but then I wouldn't be able to work.... It's a complicated puzzle to solve. So, like you, I decided to address the one problem that I had any control over: my weight! But things will eventually get better and until then we're being good to ourserlves!
We'll have some friends over tonight and we'll be having hot-dogs, just like a bunch of kids. It was my husband's idea, to have a hot-dog party and I loved it, at least I can discard the buns and eat away !
See you and take care !
Ana