Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Sep-21-03, 18:00

Plan: atkins
Stats: 524/524/325 Male 71"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default blockers?

I don't know if this is supplement related or not.

But has anyone tried the carb blocker products?

I seen them advertised at the local pharmacy I shop at, and after looking around the net I have seen them at low carb store sites.

Do they work or not? I have just started the Atkins plan and after seeing tese products I figure that they may be useful at times. But not for a while as I have only been doin it for a week.

dave
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Sep-21-03, 21:27

Plan: The Carbohydrate Addict's
Stats: 255/225/160 Female 5 foot  4 inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

Hi Dave, I take one carb suppress with my supper meal (I am on the Carb addict diet)(the normal dose is 2 for each meal). I am not sure how much my type is because my son buys them for me. I have seen some in the stores but the first item on the list was sugar.
The stuff I use is SCI-FIT. It has 600mg of extract of Northern white bean; 60 mg of vit C;200mcg of Chromium; 500 mcg of Vanadium. It also has Bee Pollen powder; Green tea extract;two types of ginseng (small amount) and Royal Jelly. Since I have been on it and and the Carb Addict diet my cholestrol has dropped down to normal. I really don't know if this type of Carb Suppress had anything to do with it or not; or if it is a combination of the diet and the pill. Green Tea extract is one of the natural items recommended for cholestrol. But a warning: you can not over eat on Carbs just because you are taking a Carb Suppress. If you do you will need to be near a bathroom for the next two or three hours. Hope this helps you with your question.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Sep-21-03, 22:02
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

All I got for my money was really bad gas..... sorry to be so blunt.

They impede the enzyme needed to break down starches...but only "block" around 45% or so of starch calories/carbs from starches. The partially digested starch has a field day in the digestive tract....

It was also WAY too tempting to take a "magic pill" and overdo it on carbs. Much easier IMO to just stay on plan.

Just my 2 cents...maybe someone else has something better to say about them, but for ME, I'll not waste my money again...
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Sep-22-03, 17:43

Plan: atkins
Stats: 524/524/325 Male 71"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I am not thinking of something for everyday use, but more for occasional use when the urge hits to have a small grilled potato, or seasoned rice. This is not something I am ready for yet as I have only been on this for a week now, I will find out next week if I am getting any where.

dave