Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Sep-20-03, 21:01
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

You can't eat what's not there... if others in the family HAVE to have the treats that look better to you than what you CAN eat...they can at least put them in one place...so you know where NOT to look... the fewer "cues" the better.

It makes it easier for me to pass up the poor choices when I have better choices handy. I make a batch of lc muffins (ketogenics brand is my favorite) freeze them, and nuke one when a craving hits. Having cheese and veggies, nuts, pork rinds, etc. handy helps too.

Sounds like it might be time to do a little soul-searching to figure out what makes you give up when you get to a certain point. Sometmes we have "roadblocks" set up that get passed off as boredom or "falling off the wagon"...

Whether you think you can, or you think you can't..you're usually right.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Sep-21-03, 10:07
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 249/220/199
BF:
Progress: 58%

I hear you on the boredom thing. But, trust me, it is better to be bored than give up and gain the weight back in no time. I injured my back and was out of work for 3 weeks and could not do my normal workout for much longer than that. With my back out, I got real depressed and gave up on my low carb diet because it was too much work. After a couple months of ice cream and whatever else I wanted, I gained back 20 LBS! I have gotten it back under control again and lost 10 lbs. of the 20 I gained, but it has been extremely difficult starting over. Let me tell you...it is not worth giving up! Hang in there...
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Sep-21-03, 22:04
Registered Member

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 117/107/105?
BF:
Progress: 67%

Hi,

Did you ever get bored eating the same ole thing before you began LC? I know I did and most people I know do. We just need to make changes now and then I think. You mentioned pizza being your favourite food. It was mine too and I really missed it. Last week I tried something and to me it was delicious! I browned up some ground beef with onion and green peppers and I keep it in the frig for when I need a "pizza fix". Then I put some into a bowl, squirt a little pizza sauce, and top with shredded mozarella cheese and nuke it. Next time I will include mushrooms. I don't worry about the little bit of carbs in the sauce. Try it and I hope you like it.

Mary