Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Sep-16-03, 14:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 267/250/160 Female 67
BF:
Progress:
Smile So glad I found you

Greetings all!
My name's angela. I have struggled with my weight since my early teens. I've bounced up and down and up and down and up and down again and then throw in a few pregnancies and er..... you know the routine. Then I quit smoking and put on another 50 pounds I'd never even seen before. I had a milestone birthday this year and weighed myself on that day for the first time in a long time. I was truly shocked to see my weight at 267. So I resolved right then to get back on a low-carb diet which is the only way I can both feel good and lose weight. I've been doing pretty good since August. Journaling everyday and weighing myself once a week. Today I weighed in at 250 and wanted to share my celebration with people who understand. I confess that at my age now it's health concerns that are the biggest motivator for me. And I'm feeling very committed to my goals.

So glad you're all here. Look forward to getting to know you.
best,
Angela
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Sep-16-03, 14:42

Plan: PP
Stats: 183/165/145 Female 5'6
BF:41/39/20's
Progress: 47%

Congrats Angela and welcome,
I am a newcomer (this time!) as well. I have been here for a month and the support I find here helps me get through. I have two kids and the health concerns you mentioned (TII diabetic)already. This WOL is helping. Keep up the good work.
Take care,
Rosie
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Sep-16-03, 14:49

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%

Hi Angela

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you will find all the advice and information here to keep you on track.

Congratulations on your weight loss so far. I am sure that that is inspiring you to keep going.

You might want to start a journal on this site. Not only does it keep you motivated, but it is a great way to get to know others. Look at the sticky at the top of this forum on how to start a journal.

I love this way of life an my photos show the progress I have made.

I wish you continued success.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Sep-17-03, 11:08

Stats: 267/250/160 Female 67
BF:
Progress:

Thanks, Rosie and Anne for the warm welcome. I signed up on to fitday yesterday too after browsing some of the forums. Anne, it was inspiring and heartening to see your photos and acknowledge the journey you have taken on. Wowsers.

Think I might look around for a challenge group to join or something.

best,
Angela
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Sep-18-03, 12:05

Stats: 234/226/150 Female 55
BF:
Progress:
Smile New at this

Hi everyone; I am new to this forum and new to this diet so if anyone can give me any hints i would love it. Thanks. Myrt
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Sep-18-03, 12:08

Stats: 234/226/150 Female 55
BF:
Progress:

Is there anyone on here to chat with