Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Sep-17-03, 16:12
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/143/130 Female 64
BF:?/29.2/23-OMG
Progress: 68%

Hmmmmmm
My mom does all the talking for me. Might as well wear a bright orange and green signs that's state: I am doing the Atkins Way Of Life, More Info ----> and that arrow would point to my mom...lol. She is not on this WOL. Time to time I will relate more info to her. She just shrugs it off as I am too old to change...argh! But I know true change has to come from within.
Anway, for me its been different. No one noticed any changes with me...lol. It does come to a BIG surprise for ppl when my mom blares "atkins" or "diet". Not a second goes by of her annoucement do I experience ppl staring at my body, literally sizing me up.....lol. No one says anything after. When I was 12 pounds heavier, ppl thought I was the weight I am now. Now ppl think I am at the weight I *was*.
All in all, ppl are just who they are. Tho i can relate about sick of talkin about atkins - am sick of my mom talking about it and ppl staring at me..lol.
If i really want to annoy them back I talk about things like ketosis, triglycerides, lipolysis, and metabolic resistance. That halts them in their paths..hahaa

Last edited by xerces : Wed, Sep-17-03 at 16:50.