Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Sep-17-03, 11:13

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 417/213/117 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 68%

No lie. The first 2 weeks for me were pure hell. PURE HELL. I can't imagine it being any worse. They should definitely have detox centers for people like us. I was fully addicted to carbs and sugar. I used to eat a box of hostess cake donuts every morning followed with a liter of pepsi then I'd be ready for another batch of bakery items in an hour.

For me the first couple of days were the worst but it DOES get better each day. Every day that goes by that you don't cheat it gets better. It takes a few days or so for all that crap to get out of your body. Have you read all of Dr.Atkins book? If not I highly recommend reading the section where he explains why you have those awful cravings. I would read and reread over and over again to get it drilled into my brain that if I cheat it will get WORSE not better. But if you can just hold on until your body has rid itself of all the crap/carbs/sugar that is in there you will experience total freedom from cravings. Just hold on for the ride!!!!!! It WILL get better.

However don't starve yourself. EAT! I ate a LOT more than that in the beginning. Eat safe stuff. For example I would have freaked if I had only eaten 2 hardboiled eggs. Break out about 3 eggs with loads of cheese, diced ham and make a huge omelette. Forget that little 4 oz. hamburger. Eat girl!!! Get 2 big hamburger patties and make them on the stove, smother them with cheese, smother with mayo on top and eat! Don't forget you can have salad too with FATTY dressing. Get the Marie Callendar blue cheese dressing . It has NO sugar. Just a little tip....for me personally...I found that I had to cut out sugar as well. Once I cut out both the high carbs and sugar I was FREE!!!