Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Sep-16-03, 19:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 238/234/175 Female 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 6%

I too have noticed my DH being more passionate than usual. Although our sex life had never slowed, even at my heaviest, it has certainly taken a leap in the "action" direction. Dh comliments me on how he can tell I am really losing. Do you think they are paying more attention because they are afraid that now that we have lost weight we may lose interest in them? I lost weight for me, not him. That was just an added attraction. ha But he did make me kind of roll my eyes last weekend. I told him when the summer work slows down and he is home, (he works road construction and has really long hours during construction time) he can star lcing with me. He said someone had told him that yes you lose weight on Atkins but as soon as you go off you gain all the wieght plus more back. I could not help myself, I said "Well, daaaahhhh.... if you follow weight watchers and quit and go back to your old eating habits you will gain it back. If you start exercising and lose weight and then quit and go back to being sedentary you will gain it back! I said I do not plan on quiting this WOL!" I love lcing. I made two homemade apple pies yesterday and I just have no cravings for the sweets or breads like I did during the first few weeks. I have been lcing since May and have only lost 23 lbs but I feel so good! I think getting rid of the sugar was the main thing. ANYWAY...back to your post.... maybe your DH simply does not have a way with words. He maybe did not mean for it to sound as piggish as it did. My DH is the king of lack of tack! As soon as something comes out of his mouth and he knows I am not taking it as he meant for me to take it he is stuttering to make me understand. We have been married for 27 years and like I said and we probably have sex and average of three times/week. but like I said, we never really slowed down in that area. Give the man a break. Unless you are having different feelings about him. Let me warn you about something, I have been through this. After losing about 70 pounds on phen phen I looked great, felt great and I loved all of the attention the men were giving me. Do not let it go to your head. Think of what you have built with your DH. He may be feeling that you may find someone else to take his place because he is insecure. Good luck and God Bless. Remember, forgive him, after all he is just a man! ha